NCAA hoops thread

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but you Illini fans better not take Murray St for granted.  They are capable of beating Illinois.  The Illini should win this game, but unless Murray leaves it's A game at home, it won't be a walk in the park.

I hope we dont take them for granted, just remember Austin Peay in 1987, that will get anybody motivated.

Some big news in the last couple of hours, I guess 2 of Murray States key players were arrested for marijuanna charges.

Here's a link:

http://www.wpsdtv.com/articles/stories/pub...local_news.html

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought UI got semi shafted but I'm not going to complain about that as I actually expected the 5 seed.

Pittsburgh is the team that should be b****ing about the selections the most. They got placed in one of the toughest two brackets, and will most likely have to face a very good Wisconsin team in Milwaukee in the second round. Not to mention that I think Pitt should have been a 2 seed over Gonzaga. They were the team that got royally screwed.

Looks like we got the 11:20 time slot, which sucks, because just last Friday I had to leave early in my class for an 11 o clock game, and now again, I will have to leave early! :angry:

f***! f*** f*** f*** f***! f*** SCHOOL! Do you know what radio station it will be on? I have to be in school till 3, so I may have to run a radio through my sweatshirt.

:fyou :finger SCHOOL!

Thursday night in Seattle is Valpo vs. Gonzage. Two mid-major cinderella's from past years. As a Valpo fan, I couldn't ask for more. Gonzaga shouldn't be a 2 and they aren't from a power conference so VU actually has a chance unlike past years of Kentucky and Mich State(when they were the #1). I can't wait! I actually have a feeling my Crusaders can pull out a huge upset! :headbang

Thursday night in Seattle is Valpo vs. Gonzage. Two mid-major cinderella's from past years. As a Valpo fan, I couldn't ask for more. Gonzaga shouldn't be a 2 and they aren't from a power conference so VU actually has a chance unlike past years of Kentucky and Mich State(when they were the #1). I can't wait! I actually have a feeling my Crusaders can pull out a huge upset! :headbang

As a Valpo fan you should be dissapointed that you didn't get paired with a Big Ten Foe...

Sure they are a power conference, but not this year. Gonzaga has 2 good big men. Turiaf and Violette. PLus a bevy of good guards... Gonzaga absolutley deserves the seed the earned.

As a Valpo fan you should be dissapointed that you didn't get paired with a Big Ten Foe...

Sure they are a power conference, but not this year. Gonzaga has 2 good big men. Turiaf and Violette.  PLus a bevy of good guards...  Gonzaga absolutley deserves the seed the earned.

The thing about Valpo is they always get intimadated when they play against big schools. This is a good matchup because Gonzaga is the ultimate mid-major and Valpo strives to be like them.

HELL YEAH!! My parents rule. They are letting me either:

1) Stay home from school and watch the Illini game

2) Let me listen to a radio in class (prohibited by school rules) and if I get caught they won't punish me outside of what the school does

So...Most importantly:

Does anyone know what station the Illini game will be on in Chicago?

Thanks you.

No matter what, the game will be on CBS. (Channel 2 in Chicago) There are no other options I dont believe because CBS owns all the rights to every game.

No matter what happens to the Illini this year, they should be a top top team next year. They get Brown and Archibald back as juniors and have some other good young talent.

I also think MSU will be very impressive and Iowa should be a pretty strong team.

But to me Illinois and MSU will both be top 10 teams next year and the Big Ten should be on its way back next season, although I think both Wisconsin and Illinois will win a couple and MSU could be a threat to win a few as well.

No matter what happens to the Illini this year, they should be a top top team next year.  They get Brown and Archibald back as juniors and have some other good young talent.

I also think MSU will be very impressive and Iowa should be a pretty strong team. 

But to me Illinois and MSU will both be top 10 teams next year and the Big Ten should be on its way back next season, although I think both Wisconsin and Illinois will win a couple and MSU could be a threat to win a few as well.

Wisky is and still will be the best team in the Big 10 next year if they have Devin Harris. MSU needs Paul Davis to come back or they will be very average. Illinois is returning everyone so we should be fine unless Deron makes the biggest mistake of his life and goes pro which won't happen.

On a side note, I'm not sure who Archibald is referring to. Robert Archibald graduated a couple years ago and is playing in the NBA for the Toronto Raptors.

Wisky is and still will be the best team in the Big 10 next year if they have Devin Harris.  MSU needs Paul Davis to come back or they will be very average.  Illinois is returning everyone so we should be fine unless Deron makes the biggest mistake of his life and goes pro which won't happen.

On a side note, I'm not sure who Archibald is referring to.  Robert Archibald graduated a couple years ago and is playing in the NBA for the Toronto Raptors.

He probably meant Augustine...

As for next season, we will definitly be a top 10 team, especially with Shawn Pruitt coming in, and also, Spears and Carter will both be getting more playing time.

As for next season, we will definitly be a top 10 team, especially with Shawn Pruitt coming in, and also, Spears and Carter will both be getting more playing time.

Actually its ShaUn Pruitt but yeah, he should add depth next year. I'm not expecting much though.

as much as i hate to admit it i think the illini will be good next year.

pruitt coming in

more experienced players as well

My bad...meant to say Augestine.  I always confuse him with Brian Archibald. 

Michigan should be a little better too next year.  And you'd have to think IU will do better, they have some talented players.

Lol... ROBERT Archibald. You'll get it right one of these times. :lol:

My bad...meant to say Augestine.  I always confuse him with Brian Archibald. 

Michigan should be a little better too next year.  And you'd have to think IU will do better, they have some talented players.

i hope michigan does well next year. they have some talented guys, big ten will be stronger next year hopefully because there is a lot of young teams in the conference.