NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I am now s***ting my pants because I am on the verge of my 3rd straght final four as a student.

Georgia Tech is very very tough.

I am so impressed with my Jayhawks. Anytimes you have to adjust to a new system and lose two lottery picks it is tough.

ps

I am heartbroken by the Illini loss, the entire Jayhawk nation was cheering for you guys, and I was representin with my orange illini shirt. Strangely, so were about 20 other chicago students at Buffal wild wings. Good job Coach Weber. Also, this just shows that you should not give a s*** about Self, like we do not give a s*** about Roy. Blam Dean Smith, that f*** for all this.

No, I was out of town since last Friday, the game was that Saturday at Layfeyette. I know they lost though. :angry: Wasn't the score in the thirties? Anyways, almost all of the school was out of town for spring break, so having no crowd could have made a difference, I don't know. And, my dad threw away the newspaper that had the article in it so I don't know a lot about what happened.

Valpo made a great rally in the last minute of the 4th to send it to OT. There guard (moon I think) hit a 3 as time expired to send it to OT. But they had two important players foul out. It really was a classic game.

Steve, I am now s***ting my pants because I am on the verge of my 3rd straght final four as a student.

Georgia Tech is very very tough.

I am so impressed with my Jayhawks.  Anytimes you have to adjust to a new system and lose two lottery picks it is tough. 

ps

I am heartbroken by the Illini loss, the entire Jayhawk nation was cheering for you guys, and I was representin with my orange illini shirt.  Strangely, so were about 20 other chicago students at Buffal wild wings.  Good job Coach Weber.  Also, this just shows that you should not give a s*** about Self, like we do not give a s*** about Roy.  Blam Dean Smith, that f*** for all this.

Just think of GT didnt lose Bosh. Damn, I forgot all about him too.

Valpo made a great rally in the last minute of the 4th to send it to OT.  There guard (moon I think) hit a 3 as time expired to send it to OT.  But they had two important players foul out.  It really was a classic game.

Yeah, it was probably Moon if he hit a clutch shot. He is in my sister's grade and I was on his baseball team a few years back. :o At least they didn't get blown out, but if they would have won, I would be in Indy right now. :angry:

You know what pisses me off about this tournament is a team like Alabama. They stun Stanford, beat a lackluster Syracuse, and barely show up against UConn. They did just enough to f*** with my brackets (I had Cuse in the Elite 8) and then blow it when they have a big game. I'm expecting the same from Xavier tomorrow. What has really bothered me about my picks this year is that if some of these teams would get their heads out of their asses they would have won the games they should have instead of losing to Alabama or Xavier or Vanderbilt.

You know what pisses me off about this tournament is a team like Alabama. They stun Stanford, beat a lackluster Syracuse, and barely show up against UConn. They did just enough to f*** with my brackets (I had Cuse in the Elite 8) and then blow it when they have a big game. I'm expecting the same from Xavier tomorrow. What has really bothered me about my picks this year is that if some of these teams would get their heads out of their asses they would have won the games they should have instead of losing to Alabama or Xavier or Vanderbilt.

That's what separates the pretenders from the real teams. The thing is, college basketball is almost all "pretend" compared to years past.

The thing is, college basketball is almost all "pretend" compared to years past.

Exactly. The better teams don't win because no team has that drive. It's really sad to see these teams do s*** when they are capable of more. It's worse when a team plays great in an upset win and then barely shows up the next game.

That's what separates the pretenders from the real teams.  The thing is, college basketball is almost all "pretend" compared to years past.

True...That's the unfortunate thing. I really wish the NBA would be able to establish an age limit, but w/ what the supreme court just did for the NFL, that'll never happen. If they could though, it'd better the quality of both the NBA and NCAA games. Everything is just about bettering their chance to get in the NBA. Everyone's just playing for themselves and not the team anymore.

True...That's the unfortunate thing.  I really wish the NBA would be able to establish an age limit, but w/ what the supreme court just did for the NFL, that'll never happen.  If they could though, it'd better the quality of both the NBA and NCAA games.  Everything is just about bettering their chance to get in the NBA.  Everyone's just playing for themselves and not the team anymore.

That, IMO, is what makes hockey and baseball two of the best sports out there. If you are not good enough, you get put back into the developmental system and get to upgrade your skills. Football and basketball, there's no professional development leagues (no real ones anyway)... the good players go straight to the NBA or NFL and rot on the bench for 5 years while they grow up.

In the minors of hockey and baseball, you learn, grow, and appreciate more when you get to the big leagues because they've developed as a person and as a player more with professional scouts and instructors along the way.