NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NC State beats Duke by 4

Looks like i need to find a booky(how the hell do you spell that ) next time, could have won lots of money. Should of, Could of, Would of.... oh well

NICE!!! :headbang :headbang Makes my USC boys win over NC State look more and more impressive. Our problem is, we play a helluva first 36 minutes of every game, only to have no lasting power to finish teh game off.

Take teh game against Miss St Wednesday. Up 12 at home over them with 4:30 to go, only to be taken to overtime, and lose. Then Saturday against Vandy, up 20, yes 20, only to let the Commodores close the gap and lose by 7.

This team is gonna give me a coronary, but I know for a FACT that they can play with anyone in teh SEC, and hopefully they will get a favorable 1st Round Matchup in teh Big Dance.

Please no Coppin St!!!!

NICE!!! :headbang  :headbang  Makes my USC boys win over NC State look more and more impressive. Our problem is, we play a helluva first 36 minutes of every game, only to have no lasting power to finish teh game off.

Take teh game against Miss St Wednesday. Up 12 at home over them with 4:30 to go, only to be taken to overtime, and lose. Then Saturday against Vandy, up 20, yes 20, only to let the Commodores close the gap and lose by 7.

This team is gonna give me a coronary, but I know for a FACT that they can play with anyone in teh SEC, and hopefully they will get a favorable 1st Round Matchup in teh Big Dance.

Please no Coppin St!!!!

Your SC boys helped win me $25 the other day.

Too bad Duke boned out for me today. :angry:

I'm reading the analysis of the bracket projection on collegerpi.com and he has an interesting line about Purdue, "In fact, the only reason Purdue is out is the 81 next to their name. They remain an interesting case for the committee. No school with a record of 5-1 or better against the RPI top 50 (at least three games) has ever been left out, but of course, no team as low as 81 in the RPI has ever gotten in [as an at-large]."

Also worth noting in his bracket projection:

St. Joe's, Stanford, Duke, and Miss. St are the #1 seeds

Arizona was all the way down at a 9 seed

Cincy was a 7

From the state of Illinois: U of I (8), DePaul (11), SIU (8)

The Big Ten had only 3 teams: Ill.(8), Wisky(6), Mich St (10)

No teams from Indiana were in the field, this hasn't happened in 32 years

I'm reading the analysis of the bracket projection on collegerpi.com and he has an interesting line about Purdue, "In fact, the only reason Purdue is out is the 81 next to their name. They remain an interesting case for the committee. No school with a record of 5-1 or better against the RPI top 50 (at least three games) has ever been left out, but of course, no team as low as 81 in the RPI has ever gotten in [as an at-large]."

Also worth noting in his bracket projection:

St. Joe's, Stanford, Duke, and Miss. St are the #1 seeds

Arizona was all the way down at a 9 seed

Cincy was a 7

From the state of Illinois: U of I (8), DePaul (11), SIU (8)

The Big Ten had only 3 teams: Ill.(8), Wisky(6), Mich St (10)

No teams from Indiana were in the field, this hasn't happened in 32 years

Do they say anything about State?

Nice nice, in the latest bracketology, Illinois is a 7 vs DePaul in Ohio!  Haha... wouldnt that be fun, we finally get to play the interrival game that everyone wants to see.  Im sort of surprised he has DePaul as high as a 10 seed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Go illini!

if the illini could get past the blue demons they would have to go up against pitt, we need to move a couple seeds higher boys!

He has Iowa St. @ Missouri and ISU @ Kansas as games to watch in the coming week. He has 33 games listed, so it's not that impressive. Iowa State is listed as NIT (close, but not in tournament), which are the 4 teams closest but not in the field along with BYU, Purdue, and UTEP.

LMAO....

Just checked the RPI.....IU's still 66 in the RPI at 12-10....while Purdue is at 81 w/ a 16-8 record! 

RPI rankings

Purdue will need to win out at home and take one @ MSU or @ Whisky or they won't make it... in my opinion. Home losses to OSU and NW are unacceptable, especially from a team that has shown it can play well against top teams. Their RPI sucks, but they're 5-1 against RPI Top 50, which may be the only thing that puts them in.

Purdue will need to win out at home and take one @ MSU or @ Whisky or they won't make it... in my opinion.  Home losses to OSU and NW are unacceptable, especially from a team that has shown it can play well against top teams.  Their RPI sucks, but they're 5-1 against RPI Top 50, which may be the only thing that puts them in.

This isn't my favorite thing to say being an IU fan, but I think you guys will be the fourth and final team to make it out of the Big Ten and go into the tourney. IU may have the RPI, but I don't see us getting in there. We'll see, we have a light schedule to close out the season, and then if we make a short run in the Big Ten tourney you never know....

New AP rankings:

No. School 1st Votes Record Points Prev

1 Stanford 64 21-0 1791 2

2 St. Joseph's 8 22-0 1721 3

3 Duke 0 21-2 1613 1

4 Mississippi State 0 21-1 1541 6

5 Pittsburgh 0 23-2 1491 4

6 Gonzaga 0 21-2 1481 7

7 Oklahoma State 0 19-2 1394 10

8 Connecticut 0 19-5 1225 5

9 Kentucky 0 17-4 1153 8

10 Louisville 0 17-4 1005 9

11 Texas 0 17-4 964 11

12 Wisconsin 0 17-4 915 17

13 North Carolina State 0 16-5 884 21

14 Arizona 0 16-6 869 16

15 Wake Forest 0 15-6 652 20

16 North Carolina 0 15-7 638 14

17 Cincinnati 0 17-4 620 13

18 Georgia Tech 0 18-6 580 15

19 Providence 0 17-5 441 24

20 Southern Illinois 0 20-2 376 23

21 Kansas 0 15-6 319 12

22 Texas Tech 0 18-6 244 18

23 Memphis 0 18-4 240 NR

24 LSU 0 17-4 227 NR

25 South Carolina 0 20-5 213 25

Others Receiving Votes: Syracuse 194, Utah State 117, Air Force 94, Illinois 87,

Oklahoma 59, Florida 57, Dayton 40, Seton Hall 40, Charlotte 26, Kent State 26,

Western Michigan 25, Michigan State 14, Boston University 8, Maryland 6,

Nevada 6, DePaul 1, East Tennessee State 1, Hawaii 1, Manhattan 1.