NCAA hoops thread

Woo Hoo!

Illinois is a #4 seed in the latest Bracketology on ESPN.  This nice stretch the last 3 weeks has really paid off, and now we can start thinking about the Big 10 league title and a great seed in the tourney.  Now if we can just take care of the Hawkeyes!  Michigan is now projected in the dance, which gives the Big 10 5 teams.  Tomorrows Mich/Mich St. is going to be huge in deciding the Wolverines fate, they have to win this game.

Lunardi has this to say about Illinois:

The Illini are now my favorite Final Four dark horse. This is otherwise known as the kiss of death. If they can stay healthy, though ...

Go Illlini!

my friend just told me about that, I'm VERY afraid of us looking ahead and getting whooped by some of this weak teams we got left. Let's hope bruce can keep it together.......God i can't wait to go there next year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is a much bigger deal to Michigan who HAS win.

Yeah, this is a must game for the Wolverines, but whats wrong with being pumped up for the game? Im already pumped up for the Iowa game, and thats on Wednedsay. Although, i could possilby be too big of an illini fan... but i dont care. :D

Anyone else watching the Texas/Kansas game? I haven't heard Kansas get ripped like this in a long time. Digger Phelps ripped them for not playing any defense (which they really didn't) They didn't rebound well (granted TX has an NBA sized front line) and they had zero rythm on offense. Also heard Simien get ripped for being bench repeatedly for his work habits.

I wonder if the Jayhawks will turn it around for the 2nd half? They are down 9 to the longhorns, and look lucky to be that close.

SIU isnt lettting anyone down now are they?

Speaking of SIU, here's an interesting take from some Illinois fan on the Illini Espn message boards talking about the Salukis being overrated.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/ncaa/request...ove=firstThread

Some points are valid, but if they played each other in the toureny, i think it would be a great game, but Illinois wins by 4... :D