NCAA hoops thread

i didnt even know those f***ers at MSU had banners all ready to be dropped... serves em right

I agree, I heard Wisconsin used it as an extra incentive to win.

BTW, is that picture of Marte in your signature? I know your avatar is clearly Marte, but it doesnt quite look like him with the shades on. Just curious....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiosity, let's say the illini win out and win the big 10 tourney too, would winning the tourney help their seedings at all? and by the way, I think that's mags in marte's sig

Wow, I should look closer, i knew it wasnt Marte though... Anyway, yeah, i dont know, i can remember Jim Nantz after the champ. game and said we would be as high as a 2 seed, and him and Packer were stunned we were a 4 seed and that the games, including Duke winning their ACC championship and other conf. games, didnt even matter. So really, im not going to pull for us to lose of course, but if we do, it wont bother me one bit, especially if their is a sleeper team like Michigan, Indiana, Iowa that is trying to get a bid.

Wow, I should look closer, i knew it wasnt Marte though... Anyway, yeah, i dont know, i can remember Jim Nantz after the champ. game and said we would be as high as a 2 seed, and him and Packer were stunned we were a 4 seed and that the games, including Duke winning their ACC championship and other conf. games, didnt even matter.  So really, im not going to pull for us to lose of course, but if we do, it wont bother me one bit, especially if their is a sleeper team like Michigan, Indiana, Iowa that is trying to get a bid.

right now im just worried about tomorrow then after that Sunday @ Ohizzo State

right now im just worried about tomorrow then after that Sunday @ Ohizzo State

I'm definitely worried about tommorow, if we can play as well as we have recently, we should pull it out, but it's not going to be easy. And do we have 2 games against the bucs in a row? i though that's what i saw.

I'm definitely worried about tommorow, if we can play as well as we have recently, we should pull it out, but it's not going to be easy.  And do we have 2 games against the bucs in a row? i though that's what i saw.

No, the schedule was undecided but we take on tOSU on Sunday. Purdue129, you going to be at the game tomorrow, if so you may see me wearing my Dee Brown jersey and replica shorts as well as a whole bunch of other Illini fans wearing orange.

No, the schedule was undecided but we take on tOSU on Sunday.  Purdue129, you going to be at the game tomorrow, if so you may see me wearing my Dee Brown jersey and replica shorts as well as a whole bunch of other Illini fans wearing orange.

:headbang that's awesome that you guys are going down there.

I can't wait to get there next year and join the crush

No, the schedule was undecided but we take on tOSU on Sunday.  Purdue129, you going to be at the game tomorrow, if so you may see me wearing my Dee Brown jersey and replica shorts as well as a whole bunch of other Illini fans wearing orange.

Yup I'll be there, and I'm sure you won't be the only orange crush there...

just don't forget about last year, U of I came in favored and Purdue handled the game through out.

I'm looking forward to a great game. :headbang

f*** man i wanted to go

:headbang that's awesome that you guys are going down there.

I can't wait to get there next year and join the crush

Yeah, well actually I'm not going with Krush although 100 Orange Krush members will be there in one block of seats. I wasn't able to wait in line for tickets because I had an exam that I needed to study for. And since I knew there was a ton of seats available and I could just go with friends I decided to do that instead. I'm guessing there will probably be a very, very large contingent of Illinois fans in Mackey tomorrow.

Yup I'll be there, and I'm sure you won't be the only orange crush there...

just don't forget about last year, U of I came in favored and Purdue handled the game through out.

I'm looking forward to a great game.  :headbang

Actually, its Orange Krush. :D

And like I said in a previous post there will be 100 Orange Krush members in a block of seats as well as there being many many other Illinois fans that are going to that game. I won't be surprised if there ends up being about 1,000 Illini fans in Mackey tomorrow. And MartePartay, there are still tickets available if you wanted to go and could get a ride. I don't know where you live there.

Yeah, well actually I'm not going with Krush although 100 Orange Krush members will be there in one block of seats.  I wasn't able to wait in line for tickets because I had an exam that I needed to study for.  And since I knew there was a ton of seats available and I could just go with friends I decided to do that instead.  I'm guessing there will probably be a very, very large contingent of Illinois fans in Mackey tomorrow.

Illinois will only have whatever seats the University got from Purdue and if friends here bought their friends at U of I seats. This game sold out pretty early and has a special 'Blackout' theme to it. Purdue kept the seats for people buying them here.

Also, the Krush has been divided the last 2 years into 3 separate sections each far away from each other and at the top of the stadium.

Actually, its Orange Krush. :D

And like I said in a previous post there will be 100 Orange Krush members in a block of seats as well as there being many many other Illinois fans that are going to that game.  I won't be surprised if there ends up being about 1,000 Illini fans in Mackey tomorrow.  And MartePartay, there are still tickets available if you wanted to go and could get a ride.  I don't know where you live there.

yeah but i couldnt find anyone to go with me

Illinois will only have whatever seats the University got from Purdue and if friends here bought their friends at U of I seats.  This game sold out pretty early and has a special 'Blackout' theme to it.  Purdue kept the seats for people buying them here.

Also, the Krush has been divided the last 2 years into 3 separate sections each far away from each other and at the top of the stadium.

Not true, as of Sunday there were over 2300+ tickets available. I just got my tickets today so I'm pretty sure they aren't sold out. Also, I know that Krush will be in one section because they have the tickets and said so. There was also an Illini fan who bought a block of 50 tickets and gave those out free on the Illini board. Also, on the Purdue website it says tickets are still on sale so I'm pretty sure its not sold out. :P

Not true, as of Sunday there were over 2300+ tickets available.  I just got my tickets today so I'm pretty sure they aren't sold out.  Also, I know that Krush will be in one section because they have the tickets and said so.  There was also an Illini fan who bought a block of 50 tickets and gave those out free on the Illini board.  Also, on the Purdue website it says tickets are still on sale so I'm pretty sure its not sold out. :P

free tickets????????? what is this board you talk of?

free tickets????????? what is this board you talk of?

illiniboard.com. Some Illini fan who owns his own business bought a block of 50 tickets and provided transportation to the game for free. I was in class when it was posted so I wasn't able to get it on it but that guy is awesome. :headbang

Oh well, I'm just going by what I heard on the radio today. I'm surprised they kept the Krush in one section. I'm not going to argue with you though.

Enjoy the game tomorrow. Hopefully it will be as good as the last two years here and the one at UIUC earlier this year.

Oh well, I'm just going by what I heard on the radio today.  I'm surprised they kept the Krush in one section.  I'm not going to argue with you though.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be as good as the last two years here and the one at UIUC earlier this year.

Well, when there is that many tickets available they probably don't care and just want to get them sold. And you are right about there being a blackout theme but I heard the Gene Pool was still going to wear gold (how stupid is that). But I am positive there were a ton of tickets available as of Sunday. Oh, and I hope you have fun watching Illinois clinch a share of the BT Championship tomorrow as well (knock on wood). :D

Well, when there is that many tickets available they probably don't care and just want to get them sold.  And you are right about there being a blackout theme but I heard the Gene Pool was still going to wear gold (how stupid is that).  But I am positive there were a ton of tickets available as of Sunday.  Oh, and I hope you have fun watching Illinois clinch a share of the BT Championship tomorrow as well (knock on wood). :D

Yeah, I don't know why they don't have it be all gold instead of black to match the gene pool.

Don't forget who won the last two years at Purdue when Illinois was ranked #10 and #14 respectively. Also don't forget who won the game at Illinois this year... although that was when Purdue was playing half-way decent :ph34r: