NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Setan Hall loses by 1 to Villanova, on a game winner with 3.5 seconds to go for Nova. Barrett then just rips off his jersey and walks off the court without shaking hands or anything with the rest of his teammates... I know he was pissed, but still, that seems kinda discourteous. Did anyone see that 2nd free throw attempt by Toney El, he must have air balled by 2 feet. Wow, that was quite pathetic. Well, its another 12 hours of b-ball tomorrow, cant wait!

Big 10 Tourney is tomorrow!

Wow, Setan Hall loses by 1 to Villanova, on a game winner with 3.5 seconds to go for Nova.  Barrett then just rips off his jersey and walks off the court without shaking hands or anything with the rest of his teammates... I know he was pissed, but still, that seems kinda discourteous.  Did anyone see that 2nd free throw attempt by Toney El, he must have air balled by 2 feet.  Wow, that was quite pathetic.  Well, its another 12 hours of b-ball tomorrow, cant wait!

Big 10 Tourney is tomorrow!

I don't know the circumstances, but that is BS.

Wow, St. Joes is down 21 at halftime to Xavier, looks like they will no longer be undefeated. Indiana against OSU is starting to become a good game, OSU trails by 4 in the 2nd half after being up 11 in the 1st half. Something about HD telecasts by ESPN really messes up my sound, i can only hear the crowd, and the announcers are really quiet. But then I go to the Big East tourney, and the sound is fine(a non HD telecast).

Anyways, im looking towards a very close game regardless of who we play tomorrow, im not sure I want to play either Indiana or OSU, either one scares me.

Go illini!

I think they lost their 1 seed personally, but like Dick said in the postgame, really, what does it matter anyway, theres no difference besides prestige between the 1 and the 2. Indiana looked damn good today, and as i said last week, this will be another classic matchup between the Hoosiers and Illniois, should be a great game tomorrow, im gonna have to sneak out of class tomorrow early! :o

I think they lost their 1 seed personally, but like Dick said in the postgame, really, what does it matter anyway, theres no difference besides prestige between the 1 and the 2.  Indiana looked damn good today, and as i said last week, this will be another classic matchup between the Hoosiers and Illniois, should be a great game tomorrow, im gonna have to sneak out of class tomorrow early!  :o

I got to see this during school today, my teacher's a big basketball fan..So that was sweet....

Mark Johnson, who had a career total of 6 points before today had 13! :headbang

Davis did the smartest thing he has done all season, by pulling the starters when we were down early. The bench was great, and this team just does not want to give it up just yet. Tomorrow's game should be interesting. I expect the starters to have a better game, Strickland especially.

And WOW, about St. Joes...I saw the updates across the bottom line. I just kept laughing. That is strange how they lost like that at home. If they end up being a #1 still and get matched up against a #16 team w/ a nice frontcourt....Things could get interesting......

Another note on IU....

IU remains the last unbeaten team in the NCAA! :headbang

Tomorrow's game should be interesting.  I expect the starters to have a better game, Strickland especially. 

Yeah, im worried about Bracey having a breakout game, but the way Deron has played defense, that may not be possible. While your starters could have a good game, will your bench step up again like they did today?

Is anyone watching this Purdue/Minnesta game, quite pathetic looking for a Purdue team that needs to win 4, im not seeing them even winning this game let alone against Mich St and others...

I love ESPN's headlines for these things.....

They have a big picture of Jameer Nelson under a towel, and a big headline w/ a double meaning...

"Nobody's perfect!"

What do you guys think about St. Joe's position in the tourney now? I still give them the #1. However, I see them possibly being the first #1 team to go out first round if they play a team w/ a good front court.

They have a big picture of Jameer Nelson under a towel, and a big headline w/ a double meaning...

"Nobody's perfect!"

What do you guys think about St. Joe's position in the tourney now?  I still give them the #1.  However, I see them possibly being the first #1 team to go out first round if they play a team w/ a good front court.

I think they and Stanford still deserve #1 seeds. No one else in the country has done what they have done. And trust me, it is much better to lose now, than to go into the tourney thinking you are unbeatable. Both of them had their reality check.

"Nobody's perfect!"

What do you guys think about St. Joe's position in the tourney now?  I still give them the #1.  However, I see them possibly being the first #1 team to go out first round if they play a team w/ a good front court.

Like i said above, I think they lost their #1 seed. Miss St played in the toughest conference in America, I think they and Ok. State (as long as they both do well in the conf. tourneys) should be #1's, and St. Joes played in the A-10, who has some solid teams, but most of their games were cakewalks. Think about it, St. Joes wouldnt even compete with anybody in the top 5, i refuse to believe that they are good eneugh to be a 1 seed. And this was even before they were getting blown out by 37 at one point today. I've watched them play all year, and Nelson is one of the best players in the country, and West is also very underrated, but if they play any top tier team, they will get beat.

Whooho!  Purdue is gonna lose to the Gophers.

I cant believe the effort they gave against Minnesota. This team was absolutely horrible down the stretch, losing Booker must have just kicked them in the balls, because they looked like a team that didnt want it anymore. I thought they would beat Minnesota, and then give Mich St a good test, Lol, guess i was wrong there. :D

St. Joe's should still have a #1 seed in my eyes. You can't deny what they have done on one game. It's ridiculous to think otherwise in my mind. A 16 seed won't beat them because no 16 seeds, nor most mid-majors, have frontcourts worth a damn.

The IU-OSU game was awful, I was able to watch it at school. The Big Ten sucks this year.

NU beat Penn St.! They half-assed their way through this game if you ask me. It was a 5 point game, but it was very much all NU in the 2nd half. They led the whole half.

Now onto ND vs. UConn. I'm expecting this to be a good game. UConn is without Okafor, but they still are loaded with talent. ND is playing for their tourney lives. I think they have a shot even if they lose, but a win puts them in.