Get well soon Ozzy

southsider2k5

Prince Charles -- already under a cloud after the revelation that the late Princess Diana claimed he wanted her dead -- isn’t doing much for Ozzy Osbourne’s health, either.

The prince sent a bottle of scotch to Osbourne, who is recovering from injuries he sustained when his ATV crashed. The aging rocker is also a recovering alcoholic, who completely avoids alcohol.

“The Osbournes weren’t offended by it,” says a source. “It’s fine scotch. It will be drunk, but Ozzy won’t get any.”

That's a really cruel thing to do to a recovering alcoholic.

A few years ago, my aunt (mom's sister) invited my dad's brother to Thanksgiving dinner. My father and uncle are both recovering alcoholics. She offered them wine. My uncle has yet to go to accept another Thanksgiving invite. (My dad just laughed it off.)

A few years ago, my aunt (mom's sister) invited my dad's brother to Thanksgiving dinner.  My father and uncle are both recovering alcoholics.  She offered them wine.  My uncle has yet to go to accept another Thanksgiving invite. (My dad just laughed it off.)

Ignorance and cruelty are two different things.

Ignorance and cruelty are two different things.

JMO.. but I doubt he's either. I can't imagine that Chuck bothers himself with the details of Ozzy's personal life.. and I doubt even more that he's a "fan" and knows of Ozzy's history.

JMO.. but I doubt he's either. I can't imagine that Chuck bothers himself with the details of Ozzy's personal life.. and I doubt even more that he's a "fan" and knows of Ozzy's history.

Hence, the "ignorance" part. I'm not saying HisRoyalHighness is ignorant, in general, but it would be understandable that he was ignorant to this aspect of the Ozman's life.

A few years ago, my aunt (mom's sister) invited my dad's brother to Thanksgiving dinner.  My father and uncle are both recovering alcoholics.  She offered them wine.  My uncle has yet to go to accept another Thanksgiving invite. (My dad just laughed it off.)

I think your Uncle needs to relax and be more like your Dad. I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it.