Hmmm

Steff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the rational.  As a mod or admin, you don't want to be percieved as doing too much or reaching too far, so you want your work to be out there and obvious that way no one can really question it.  No one wants to get the WSI admin reputation.

It's clearly obvious that the thread should be eliminated and him banned. I just don't think it's necessary to have to explain every crooked fart that takes place on the boards. The mods are mods for a reason. Decisions are made for a reason. Anyone that's been here for more than a day can see what the issue is. I just don't agree with anyone's personal baggage - lies or otherwise - being on the board.

I trust the mods decisions. Personally I don't need any explination of anything and if I do I inquire via PM or emails.

I think it was a bad call makin a big deal out of it and banning him flat out.  Maybe you guys should have gotten the opinions of the rest of the people in charge, and I'm not talking about myself here.

But he was already banned... :huh:

I think it was a bad call makin a big deal out of it and banning him flat out.  Maybe you guys should have gotten the opinions of the rest of the people in charge, and I'm not talking about myself here.

First of all the guy has been banned and suspended already. Second I really say let the mod and admins do their jobs. If we turn this into waiting for a vote, or a specific person to approve an action, there is no point in having anyone else other than Jason or Mario as a mod.

But he was already banned...  :huh:

I know, but he obviously wanted back bad enough to go through all this, and he hadn't said anything that bad really. There were a few minor flashes of the old roman but nobody would have even known if not for the IP's (and that only came about by his own admissions). Ahunno maybe I'm just in a real forgiving mood, but was it really that important that williestokes be exposed and banned ASAP?

I know, but he obviously wanted back bad enough to go through all this, and he hadn't said anything that bad really.  There were a few minor flashes of the old roman but nobody would have even known if not for the IP's (and that only came about by his own admissions).  Ahunno maybe I'm just in a real forgiving mood, but was it really that important that williestokes be exposed and banned ASAP?

Maybe if he wanted back he should have contacted Mario or Jason and gone about it the right way..?

And yes Spiff.. you are very forgiving - an endearing quality, btw.. - but the past is the only thing to measure the guy on.. and his past is not favorable to his cause.

there is a setting on these things for forums for mods/admins only. so put things like this in there so each of you know what's happening and not let the rest of the world know your "dirty laundry". On boards like this (I've dealt with these things for a long, long time as a user and an admin) it's better indeed to let your mods/admins take care of things. If there's a "power trip" going on from some moderator, take care of it internally.

Everyone here wants this to be a cool place to come to (yes I'm fairly new and all but I'm sure everyone can agree with this). But if you have to justify everything and air things like this out in public, if I just wandered in here **EDIT (FOR THE FIRST TIME) I'd really question what the hell y'all are doing.

Just my .02.

Kapkomet

I know, but he obviously wanted back bad enough to go through all this, and he hadn't said anything that bad really.  There were a few minor flashes of the old roman but nobody would have even known if not for the IP's (and that only came about by his own admissions).  Ahunno maybe I'm just in a real forgiving mood, but was it really that important that williestokes be exposed and banned ASAP?

If the guy wants back in, he needs to take that up Jason and those guys. You don't sneak in the back door, after all of the s*** that he did, and expect to be let stay in, because you found a way in.

And IMO a ban is a ban. If it doesn't mean ban, why hand out bans? Why not just say 6 month suspension or something like that?

If the guy wants back in, he needs to take that up Jason and those guys.  You don't sneak in the back door, after all of the s*** that he did, and expect to be let stay in, because you found a way in.

And IMO a ban is a ban.  If it doesn't mean ban, why hand out bans?  Why not just say 6 month suspension or something like that?

You mean like beastly couldn't?

About a month ago (when the site was f***ed up) I recalled Chisoxfn mentioning how the reboot of soxtalk caused the IP addresses of those who were banned to be lost. If that is the case it would explain Romans ability to register again. Who knows.....BMR and Clu could be posting among us as we speak.

But honestly, Roman has to be a rock. Had us all fooled with his new identiy then comes around and brings attention to himself. Looking back on his posts there were very Roman-esque. A good example of that would be his "Willy stokes is depressed, Willy stokes is in love" threads.

I mean beastly snuck in the back door and posted for months before anyone realized he was wsc, and the mods didn't have a problem with it once they knew.

The mods new long before the rest of us. When Aboz found the true identiy of beastly some mods came out and admitted they gave him a second chance.

But you can't compare this incident with Beastly..........Beastly was atleast showing improvement under his new name. It seemed when everyone found it who he really was he went back to old form.

About a month ago (when the site was f***ed up) I recalled Chisoxfn mentioning how the reboot of soxtalk caused the IP addresses of those who were banned to be lost.  If that is the case it would explain Romans ability to register again.  Who knows.....BMR and Clu could be posting among us as we speak. 

But honestly, Roman has to be a f***ing rock.  Had us all fooled with his new identiy then comes around and brings attention to himself.  Looking back on his posts there were very Roman-esque.  A good example of that would be his "Willy stokes is depressed, Willy stokes is in love" threads.

It is a possibility. But usually those type of personalities can't handle being one of the crowd and end up saying or doing something stupid to draw attention to themselves. When we get a new person who starts to do stupid stuff I am probably the first person to try to see if they are someone else we know. There have been a couple people I have had suspisions about, and it turned out they really were new people. Until last night that Stokes personality evaded my radar. As soon as he mentioned Roman, is when I checked him out.

But in reality short of checking every single poster, every time the post, you aren't going to catch everything.

Ahunno maybe I'm just in a real forgiving mood, but was it really that important that williestokes be exposed and banned ASAP?

I'm not easily offended, but a dating show that pairs "hot chicks" with known sex offenders, and violenent criminals? Even if it is a joke...That is a slippery slope down to really bad posting. And that really, really got me.

And as Steff mentioned--he already was banned!

I mean beastly snuck in the back door and posted for months before anyone realized he was wsc, and the mods didn't have a problem with it once they knew.

Honestly I have no idea if Beastly asked ahead of time or not. Personally if he snuck back on I would have banned him for sure. Forgiveness I can understand, deceit I can't. But all of that is just MO.

he was banned and the ban continues - the action was originally done by Murcie and if Murice wants to undo it that is his call but until Murice does, when I am here and he is not, I follow what Murice has done - that is why multiple admins just as there are multiple mods

the discovery it was the same person was made by 2K4, not by any self-admission - in fact, our banned poster was claiming to be someone else

2k4 has otherwise does a fine job of explaining why this was pinned - because what is done has a reason and it is not done secretly but shared with all the posters so you know what is done and why, there are no "secret" bannings here - my plan is to unpin it tonight

As I went back into the thread where the original ban comes from to verify the idential ip addresses, it brought back a lot of painful memories and the reasons why the dude was banned originally - and if anyone is dragging this out, it is oldroman for continuing to thiunk he can outwit us - he can for a short time, but people smarter than me will catch these things

it brought back a lot of painful memories and the reasons why the dude was banned originally  - and if anyone is dragging this out, it is oldroman for continuing to thiunk he can outwit us - he can for a short time, but people smarter than me will catch these things

:huh:

Yet pinning it at the top of the page is somehow productive and a means to move forward...?

As I went back into the thread where the original ban comes from to verify the idential ip addresses, it brought back a lot of painful memories and the reasons why the dude was banned originally

I thought the reasons for roman's ban were quite a bit more serious than the reason's for wsc...