What kind of work are you in  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of work are you in

• Restaurant/Fast Food
    • Retail Store/Mall job
    • Spoiled rotten so I don't have to work and go to school
    • Waste Management
    • Other

When I started college I worked as a tutor and night manager at a local grocery store. About mid-way through I was hired on as a co-op student at a research facility.

Now (3 years since graduation), I am an applications engineer at a electrical component company.

Shoot, I meant to click Other, but I clicked spoiled...I work as a TA and Tutor...So I grade everyone's tests and essays and teach what the Profs don't--or clear up what the professors make confused. And I also do research and work as a receptionist as well. But most of my income is from a TA...Woowoo.

Tearing tickets at a movie theater?

SS2K dont make fun of my job im still in High School what kind of job do you expect me to have? I make $8 an hour its not great but for someone in High School its not bad at all. AND I dont tear tickets ( if I did id be makin 6.50 an hour) I sell Popcorn and popcorn accessories :D

Shoot, I meant to click Other, but I clicked spoiled...I work as a TA and Tutor...So I grade everyone's tests and essays and teach what the Profs don't--or clear up what the professors make confused. And I also do research and work as a receptionist as well. But most of my income is from a TA...Woowoo.

Are you going to go on to teach any college courses..? If not, what is the value of being a TA in college? Just for the $$? I know that being a TA in GS or at HS is done mostly because you go on to teach at those levels..

SS2K dont make fun of my job im still in High School what kind of job do you expect me to have? I make $8 an hour its not great but for someone in High School its not bad at all.  AND I dont tear tickets ( if I did id be makin 6.50 an hour) I sell Popcorn and popcorn accessories  :D

And you want to be my whipping boy :rolleyes:

When I was in school, I was a professional alcohol taste tester. It's funny how I didn't get paid much for it.

Now, I'm a financial analyst and I also do website stuff on the side as well. And NOW I get paid to be an alcohol taste tester. When you're old (and have an expense account) you get to have some advantages.

:lol:

Are you going to go on to teach any college courses..? If not, what is the value of being a TA in college? Just for the $$? I know that being a TA in GS or at HS is done mostly because you go on to teach at those levels..

Yeah, right now I'm going through the process of applying to grad schools, and crossing my fingers to get in. I actually sent off all my apps last week--I love the TAing and the Research--so I thought I would try and carry on doing what I love...Hopefully it will work out, but if not it won't be the end of the world.

Yeah, right now I'm going through the process of applying to grad schools, and crossing my fingers to get in. I actually sent off all my apps last week--I love the TAing and the Research--so I thought I would try and carry on doing what I love...Hopefully it will work out, but if not it won't be the end of the world.

Cool. Good luck to you. I bet that's got to be one interesting job...