Let's Look At Trumps Options

maggsmaggs

NFL-out of the question, all worth more than $250 million. In fact the Cardinals are worth the least at $505 million.

NHL - they are going to be in a lock out next year and he wouldn't buy a hockey team

NBA

10 Sac Kings ('98-$156mil) $259

11 Detroit Pistons ('74-$8mil) $258

12 Hou Rockets ('93-$85mil) $255

13 Miami Heat ('95-$68mil) $250

14 Indiana Pacers ('83-$11mil) $246

Those are his NBA options for around the $250 million. Pistons, Kings, Pacers and Rockets are all worth more than that with this year's success. Also, mid-year owner change isn't likely, so probably not the Heat and not in the NBA

MLB-We know he is a baseball fan and a Chicago guy with his new building, strating to look like a option.

15 Arizona Diamondbacks $269

16 Philadelphia Phillies $239

17 Detroit Tigers $237

18 Chicago White Sox $233

Arizona and Colangelo won't sell his team. Phillies are winning owners wouldn't sell the team. Detroit, no one wants the Tigers, nothing good about them. Taht leaves the Sox right there. Sounds to good to be true, but anything could happen.

NFL-out of the question, all worth more than $250 million. In fact the Cardinals are worth the least at $505 million.

NHL - they are going to be in a lock out next year and he wouldn't buy a hockey team

NBA

10 Sac Kings ('98-$156mil) $259

11 Detroit Pistons ('74-$8mil) $258

12 Hou Rockets ('93-$85mil) $255

13 Miami Heat ('95-$68mil) $250

14 Indiana Pacers ('83-$11mil) $246

Those are his NBA options for around the $250 million. Pistons, Kings, Pacers and Rockets are all worth more than that with this year's success. Also, mid-year owner change isn't likely, so probably not the Heat and not in the NBA

MLB-We know he is a baseball fan and a Chicago guy with his new building, strating to look like a option.

15 Arizona Diamondbacks $269

16 Philadelphia Phillies $239

17 Detroit Tigers $237

18 Chicago White Sox $233

Arizona and Colangelo won't sell his team. Phillies are winning owners wouldn't sell the team. Detroit, no one wants the Tigers, nothing good about them. Taht leaves the Sox right there. Sounds to good to be true, but anything could happen.

I agree that if Trump does buy a team it will probably be MLB or NBA. However, don't rule out the NBA just because of no mid-season ownership change. Remember, that most sales of major sports franchises take months, if not years, to complete. In addition, it's probably highly likely that the Heat owner would sell because they just lost their coach and are in the middle of a un-promising rebuilding process. I would be surprised to see any of the other NBA owners on that list selling though (especially Indiana and Sac-town). In additon, I would not find it surprising if Colangelo was going to sell the D-Backs. He's way, way in debt and they're going to start a rebuilding process soon. Attendance fell a lot last year and will probably fall more this year. he's also got the Suns to deal with, who are tanking it. He probably has a bigger interest in them anyway since he's owned them for longer. Anyhow, it's probably a moot point since Trump's probably doing this to publicize his show or some crap like that, and I don't find it likely that JR will sell unless he makes a huge profit off the deal. Most owners will want to make a profit if they sell their teams, so when Trump says he wants to buy a team for 250 million it may be a team that's actually worth 150-200 million.

New Jersey's part owner is Steinbrenner, no way will he give in to a Trump. Also, it says on http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_1626.shtml, that they are worth $218 million, probably a little higer with their success. But I do think they are a strong possibility.

Also, no one looks all the way in the third page of a thread. (just me anyways)

Steinbrenner is also a part owner of the Bulls.

Why are Steinbrenner and Trump enemies?

I see no reason why Steinbrenner would not want to sell to Trump, or even be part of his new ownership.

If Jay-z can look into buying the Nets seriously and the price was for around $250mil, then I think Trump can too.

SB

New Jersey's part owner is Steinbrenner, no way will he give in to a Trump.  Also, it says on http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_1626.shtml, that they are worth $218 million, probably a little higer with their success.  But I do think they are a strong possibility.

Also, no one looks all the way in the third page of a thread. (just me anyways)

when you buy a sports franchise nowdays you are for the most part over paying... look at the figures on that page.. teams bought in the late nineties and beyond are bought for much more than the "franchise value" for that same year.

Huh, Steinbrenner is part of the comittee that owns the Bulls???

I thought the same investment group owned the Bulls and White Sox, but I don't follow that too much.

Yea.. double take for me, too. Can someone elaborate on this please?

Yea.. double take for me, too. Can someone elaborate on this please?

I heard something along those lines awhile back. However I know for a fact that George is involved with the Nets, so he can't have a share of each team. Plus the Bulls media guide lists the board of directors and partners, and he is not listed.

Maybe Im wrong then.

I heard that he was part of the Bulls ownership, with Lamar Hunt, etc.

The same people do not own the Bulls and White Sox though,

Seeing as I know some of the White Sox owners and they have no share of the Bulls.

The first time I heard it was when Krause was hired by the Yankees, I read that Steinbrenner was part of the bulls.

If im wrong then im sorry just reprinting what I read.

SB