Take this finger...

rafacosta

He was making joke about our authorities and he did that on purpose. After he gave the finger, his crew and other all started laughing. When someone go to your country i will recommend to start calling someone´s wife b**** or giving the finger to someone´s daddy...

They wouldn't get arrested, and I could knock that good once and I would only get a fine (if anything). I also don't see anywhere where he did anything towards someone's wife or father.

:usa :usa :usa

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't get arrested, and I could knock that good once and I would only get a fine (if anything). I also don't see anywhere where he did anything towards someone's wife or father.

:usa  :usa  :usa

See top of third page - he called my parents terrorists.

Raffy --

American's are upset, because, through no other action but our birth, we are given the right to say whatever we want. Our actions, that our not dangerous to others, which a bird is not, It hurts no one, are accepted as freedom of speech. If I flick off a cop here, he's not going to put me in jail for it, he will probably look for any other reason to get the cuffs on me, but a finger is not a jailable offense, and us Americans, myself included, have a hard time accepting that..,

To all of the americans here,

As a traveller abroad, it's your duty to know the laws of the counties you are visiting. You can take advantage of those laws, prostituion and drugs in Amsterdam, drinking at 18 most other places, but you have to be aware of other consequences. We all should remember a few yers ago that case in Singapore. I can't remember the kids name, but it's unimportant. He vandalized a bunch of cars and stuff, a crime that wouldn't likely get you any jail time here. And in Singapore he got jail time plus a "caning". We were all enraged by the severity of the punishment, but should realize that while visiting another country we should behave like those of another country. We do not own the world. We just act like it.

Back to Raffy-

You made comments about giving my dad the finger, or telling my wife she had a nice ass. If you did that to me here, I might get mad. But, I might also think that my dad had done someting to piss you off, and instead of taking physical action, who just gavehim the finger. No harm no foul. I don't care what you see in the movies, most americans are not going to react with rage to the finger. We just see it too damn much(everyday in traffic I probably give it out a few times) to care. My wife does have a nice ass thank you... She's great in the sack too.

The reason this thread is such a hot issue is both sides haven't looked at it objectively. Both sides are brimming with national prode and resorting to calling names. There's no place for that aroud here.

King>Why can't we all just get allongKing>

IF a Brazilian goes to your country and give the finger to an authority, what will happen to him? Nothing huh? Hipocrita! You think your country is perfect, you are an idiot...

Nope you can pretty much give the President here the finger (many have) and nothing will happen. And we extend that right to our visitors. Works for us and last time I looked if we put up a fence around America and a fence around Brazil I'll bet your fence is the one people are trying to get away from and our is the one they want to get to.

*sigh* Thanks for gettin here way earlier than me SS2K4. All I can do is reiterate what SS2K4 said. Difference of opinions are expected on message boards. Hell, its what makes discussions so great alot of the time. But thats as far as it needs to go. No reason to sling mud on any of our posters, or their families. Think before you post.

*sigh* Thanks for gettin here way earlier than me SS2K4. All I can do is reiterate what SS2K4 said. Difference of opinions are expected on message boards. Hell, its what makes discussions so great alot of the time. But thats as far as it needs to go. No reason to sling mud on any of our posters, or their families. Think before you post.

f*** you capn, slinging mud is how I feel better about myself. You Oidiot.

I am so glad Raffie was here to stick up for Brazil. I wish he had been a little more articulate about it. As Americans we do have a repuation world wide as ugly pigs who think our dollars give us a right to step on any litle country we want to. Hey, maybe it does. ;)

Each of those planes that land from the US carry 300 or so passengers. Each will spend over $1,000 on their vacation. Imagine, at a minimum, $300,000 is being transported to Brazil's economy. No wonder while Raffi is fighting the good fight, Rio tourism officials are busy handing out free t-shirts and professing their love for the US tourist.

And I agree thanks SS2k4 (I hope the series ends this year at 2k4) for getting there ahead of us. It was my first mod notification and I was away. Damn I was feeling useful

:usa  :usa  :usa

He didnt get arrested, he paid a fine. He was making jokes about my country and gave the finger and it was to a authority (federal police = US marshalls). It would happen the same thing in your country.

So I see...Brazillians use American stuff all the time and need the US...while I cannot think of one thing that Brazil has given us.

Steel, orange (if your country opened his economy, 100% of the orange that would get to your country would come from here), shrimp, sugar, a lot of things. But almost nothing is from the manufactured industry, and that´s the sector in the economy that brings wealth to a nation (products with aggregate value).

Nope you can pretty much give the President here the finger (many have) and nothing will happen. And we extend that right to our visitors. Works for us and last time I looked  if we put up a fence around America and a fence around Brazil I'll bet your fence is the one people are trying to get away from and our is the one they want to get to.

Ok, if you are alone with an authority and he is doing some procedure like searching a weapon and you give him the finger and made jokes at him, he would do nothing...cmon...what a lie! He would arrest you for disrespecting him. That´s a law here in Brazil and if im not wrong in your country.

Each will spend over $1,000 on their vacation. Imagine, at a minimum, $300,000 is being transported to Brazil's economy.

50% of that goes to prostitutes and drugs.

I love my country and i want the world to respect him and not come here and give the finger like he was in wild place (night club). My country deserve respect and the Brazilians want respect. That´s why our government is doing the same procedure that your country is doing. That´s why i said that countries like Spain that in fact has a terrorist group, their people get in your country without the need of fingerprint and visa. And the Ireland too, IRA is a terrorist group in fact.

We have a lot of criminals in here but every country has. If a terrorist would want to get in your country he would buy a passport from UK and would get in. Exist some passport (and it´s not faked) traffic.

Just to state my opinion on the case:

You obey the laws of the land you're in. For example, you're from Amsterdam, where smoking marijuana is totally legal. Does that mean you can come to the US and smoke marijuana in the streets without punishment? No.

Therefore, if this American ass clown did something disrespectful according to the law of the country (Brazil) he was in, he should be punished. Case closed.

And the Ireland too, IRA is a terrorist group in fact.

What about the British Terrorists aka Loyalists * Loyalist Volunteer Force (LVF) * Ulster Defense Association (UDA) * Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) * Orange Volunteers * Red Hand Defenders *UVF * LVF. Paisley's (DUP).

It might be a good idea for you to not talk about things you know seem to know nothing about.

For the tenth time, flipping the bird in the USA isn't an arrestable offense. Whilst, the authoroties can detain you, give you a hard time, etc., it isn't an arrestable offense.

It might be a good idea for you to not talk about things you know seem to know nothing about.

Who knows you??? I was just giving some examples like IRA, ETA (Spain). If the UK has some terrorist groups, so it will on more example.

50% of that goes to prostitutes and drugs.

50% to prostitution and drugs? Nice image of Brazil. I thought you were trying to defend your country? Come to Brazil for the hookers and dealers?! Are your hookers that much better? Is being a whore legal in Brazil?

We have a greater latitude of freedoms in this country. People have flipped off the president and do not get arrested. There the fine was $20,000. That was a bit excessive wasn't it?

Read some of the posts here were we call the president all sorts of names. No one is knocking on Jason's door asking for our real names.

Still if y'all have a no hand gesture law then everyone needs to obey it. Remember in some countries it is obscene to shake with your right hand (you use that to wipe your a**, or face the sole of your shoe at another person.

50% to prostitution and drugs? Nice image of Brazil. I thought you were trying to defend your country? Come to Brazil for the hookers and dealers?!  Are your hookers that much better? Is being a whore legal in Brazil?

And what about the tourists??? They have a good image, huh??? I´m not a hypocrit, i know the good things and the bad things of my country. I´m not like some guys in here that thinks his country is the best in everything and his country never do anything wrong.

And what about the tourists??? They have a good image, huh??? I´m not a hypocrit, i know the good things and the bad things of my country. I´m not like some guys in here that thinks his country is the best in everything and his country never do anything wrong.

We critisize our country all the time. If some over zealous idiot cop detained and or arrested an incoming pilot for flipping him the bird we would be critisizing the cop for being too sensitive. I live on the Mexico-US border and can tell you first hand we are semsitiveto the amount of time it takes people to cross our border. If we were taking 8 hours there would be a congressional review and all sorts of politicos jumping in to try and solve the problem.

Wasn't Brazil one of the leading countries for taking in Nazis after WW2?

Wasn't Brazil one of the leading countries for taking in Nazis after WW2?

Yes.

In a dictatorship with Getulio Vargas in the power.

Do you know that your county helped a coup here in Brazil? And we passed 20 years in dictatorship that your country supported when it happened (1964)? In Chile happened the same thing, did you know it??

Yes.

In a dictatorship with Getulio Vargas in the power.

Do you know that your county helped a coup here in Brazil? And we passed 20 years in dictatorship that your country supported when it happened (1964)? In Chile happened the same thing, did you know it??

We f*** with countries all the time. We do not like the leadership, we will send in the CIA to undermine authority, support rebels, you name it. My tax dollars hard at work. Then when the leadership turn on us, we act surprised. We seem to operate on a "if you hate our enemy, you are our friend" basis. It bites us in the ass all the time. Noriega, Bin Laden, and others have all received US backing at one time or another. We also have a change in foreign policy with every new election, further complicating our foreign policy.

But when a natural disaster strikes we are always sending money. Flooding in South America? Send them some money. Flooding in Florida? No one sends us money.

And with each sucessful overthrow of a country (re: Iraq) we get more and more blood thirsty and powerfull. Eventually we will slip, throughout history all empires have fallen. But until then we can head to another country, f*** all their women for a lot less than what it costs here, sell our garbage to their dumps, limit how many of them can visit and work in our country, sell them Big Macs until their arteries blow, have them sew our $125 Nikes for a $0.25 and complain when the pirate the image.

Yes, Rafie, we can be pigs. But when they need help, who does the world turn? The good ole USA.

If Brazil was attacked by a foreign invader you know the US would send help. We were attacked and Brazil did not.

Yes, Rafie, we can be pigs. But when they need help, who does the world turn? The good ole USA.

If Brazil was attacked by a foreign invader you know the US would send help. We were attacked and Brazil did not.

My country wasnt needing help at the time the coup happened and they come and dig us in to a deep hole.

We will be invaded? I dont think so if it happens it would your country that would do it, they have a history of doing that. When you start a war with crazy that your country has nothing to do, you are in danger to happen what happened.

For your information, we have a big problem in here. People that dont have nothing to eat. My government at least is worried with ending the poverty in the world, but your government just thinks in get more and more rich ta the same others are fighting for a bread to eat.

My country wasnt needing help at the time the coup happened and they come and dig us in to a deep hole.

We will be invaded? I dont think so if it happens it would your country that would do it, they have a history of doing that. When you start a war with crazy that your country has nothing to do, you are in danger to happen what happened.

For your information, we have a big problem in here. People that dont have nothing to eat. My government at least is worried with ending the poverty in the world, but your government just thinks in get more and more rich ta the same others are fighting for a bread to eat.

:rolleyes: