Almost worth $5 mil

jasonxctf

Testing the waters: Despite struggling from the right side of the plate during the 2003 season, White Sox shortstop Jose Valentin held firm to the fact that he will remain a switch-hitter offensively. During his short stint with Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican League, Valentin changed his tune slightly, hitting almost exclusively from the left side.

But the results weren't great, hitting .115 in 52 at-bats, probably leading him back to switch-hitting.

Testing the waters: Despite struggling from the right side of the plate during the 2003 season, White Sox shortstop Jose Valentin held firm to the fact that he will remain a switch-hitter offensively. During his short stint with Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican League, Valentin changed his tune slightly, hitting almost exclusively from the left side.

But the results weren't great, hitting .115 in 52 at-bats, probably leading him back to switch-hitting.

I saw that 115 average in the Trib and thought words I cannot post here...

maybe we should sign a better hitting shortstop, and a beter fielding shortstop, before the season starts

is Royce Clayton available?

:bringit and discuss 115 BA

maybe we should sign a better hitting shortstop, and a beter fielding shortstop, before the season starts

:bringit  and discuss 115 BA

Id take Jose Valentin over that whiny little, no-range having, rally killing, personal pet of Jerry Manuel being, never got a clutch hit in his life, no heart having sack of s*** Royce Clayton.

The guy had a hard time at Winter ball. So what. He has heart, actually comes through in the clutch and makes big plays that Roycie boy couldn't make in his wettest dreams.

:bringit  and discuss 115 BA

Fraid not, he signed with the Rockies. But with the Coors field factor, it'll prob push up his batting aveg. to bout hmmm .230? :lol:

Id take Jose Valentin over that  no-range having, rally killing, personal pet of Jerry Manuel being, never got a clutch hit in his life,  Royce Clayton. 

The guy had a hard time at Winter ball.  So what.  He has heart, actually comes through in the clutch and makes big plays that Roycie boy couldn't make

Yeah! Not to fond of Clayton either, Matter of fact, he swung the bat more like Clayton Moore....."The Lone Ranger!!"

As far as Valentine, here's what concerns me! 1) I feel his fielding was better because you usually perform at a higher level if you're with higher level players. Alomar's history of a second basemen speaks for itself . It made Valentine step it up a notch! He was playing with one of the best ever at that position!! 2) I feel Valentine could still be good if he would get "The Mister Hero" garbage out of his head. The year before, his average was up, because he wasn't swinging for the fence to be a hero in the limelight, and want to keep homerun pace with the big boys! Notice how his average dipped dramatically after his homerun count went up. Get Valentine's head out of trying to be "Mr. Limelight Star" start focusing on hitting for average, and think more about the team than his ego, and he can have another real good year!

my comments on Clayton - no I don't want him back

but truth is the last year he was here he outhit Jose

Jose has his aura from 2000 hittig wise and the one game a year hitting he does and the sosa mocking

other than that the Jose has such heart and Jose is such a leader is just bulls***, image over reality.

YASNY's comment is right - damn it.

my comments on Clayton - no I don't want him back

but truth is the last year he was here he outhit Jose

Jose has his aura from 2000 hittig wise and the one game a year hitting he does and the sosa mocking

other than that the Jose has such heart and  Jose is such a leader is just bulls***, image over reality.

YASNY's comment is right - damn it.

It hurts to admit it, doesn't it? :lol: