Why would anybody buy tickets?

greg775

I dont think Wright is all that bad.  He defenitely has shown that he has talent and heart and if he can pull that together I think he can be an effective starter for us.

Just as long as Wright figures out how not to throw a fastball before the plate every 15 pitches. I swear, i've never seen any pitcher throw more consistantly "before the plate pitches" on non-offspeed balls than wright does. (did that make sense, lol?)

Anyway, Ill be goign to my usual 10-15 games as long as money is still coming my way. Graduating in June, will start causing me to pay back these hefty loans, but i still want to get out to the cell as i usually do...

Critic, I think part of the lack of optimism for Danny Wright is that no one knows what role he will play. He was so bad last year, that it is hard to envision him regaining a starting role and his sample size is so small, it is impossible to predict how he would do out of the bullpen for a full season.

I do think Danny can bounce back. To what level is really hard to say.

I do feel like the Sox are going to be contenders this season--but even if they weren't I would still probably go--but I would just go to see certain pitchers...As it is, I think it'll be a lot of fun to go to games this season. I am really excited to see this talent develop--especially Olivo. And I know my dad will be getting tickets from me for his birthday and father's day. And I'll probably get tickets for my birthday and graduation. Even if they lose they're still my boys. But I really think they'll be putting up a great long fight this season...

I honestly feel better about the team after reading this.

Alomar and Everett weren't that good.

I guess we could be decent if things fall right.

Are you kidding me. Everett hit .287-28-92 last year.

With us, .301-10-41 in half a season. OBP of .377, third behind Magglio and Frank.

Not that good, give me a break. I mean, I know he's no Aaron Rowand but still. Give the man some credit.

I am not a big Everett fan.

Sorry.

I don't think he's that good.

Everett's career averages are approx. .265 17 HR and 68 RBI. He has to mix in a good year every once in a while to get his averages to that point.

Here's betting that Rowand will match or nearly match Everett's production this year.

And Besides, right now, the way Chicago sports are going, I just want baseball season to get here soooo bad, it doesnt really matter how bad or good the Sox or going to be this season, I just want to watch some White Sox Baseball.

Agree Totally. All we have now is one more NFL game in which our team is not playing in, a month full of useless and boring NBA and NHL games. Then a nice distraction in March w/ the tourney. Can't wait for opening day and April 11th, our home opener.

Just because you people have an irrational hate of Carl Everett doesn't mean you're right when you say he's not a good player.  Tell me, what are Rowand's career averages?

Everett was good last year, I never said anything different.... But he is a vastly overrated player based on the numbers he has put up. He has had three good seasons out of 8 or 9 full seasons. The three were very good. The others were quite average. The numbers speak for themselves.

Carl Everett has had a few good years, and one great year. His averages are low due to his earlier years with the Marlins and Mets. Since going to Houston, he has been a fairly good player. I would take him over the Rowand that we have seen so far. I would also kill for ARow to hit .265 with 17 jacks and 68 ribbies. I like Aaron, but I don't expect more than half of the power numbers, and I expect his average to be about that. Here's a gentlemens bet Rex that Carl's numbers will be quite better than Rowand's this year.

:cheers And here is to me losing this bet, which I hope I do.

edit: link to Carl's career stats, for those who are interested. http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/ml...playerID=113946

In 7 seasons as a full time player he was good in three of them. In 4 of those seasons, he was downright average.

Year - Avg HR RBI

1997 - .248 14 57

1998 - .296 15 76

2001 - .257 14 58

2002 - .267 16 62

He had good years in 1999, 2000 and 2003. Previous to that, he played 101 games in 1996, but only got 192 AB's and was awful. In 1995, he played in 79 games and hit .260 12 and 54, which flashed his potential.

So at best you can say Carl is good 50% of his years and that is quite generous. He certainly isn't worth the $9 million he made last year. And if he reverts back to a year like those above, he isn't worth half the difference between what he and Rowand will make this year.