Who is this Jason Grilli

WSoxShuf

Grilli already busted with teh Marlins organization due to injuries. Now he's getting healthy and could turn into a very productive player.

I'd compare him to a guy that could put together a season similar to Carl Pavano, an oft injured top prospect that the Marlins picked up that ended up turning into a pretty solid pitcher this past season.

Pavano was the key prospect in the Pedro trade. He's better then Grilli, but Grilli was a key prospect the Giants sent to the Marlins for Rob Nen (Or at least I think it was Nen).

We selected Jason Grilli in the Major League phase of the Rule V Draft. We also got Fransisco Campos in the AAA phase, Eric Stephenson in AA phase (although he is working to be a fire fighter now not a baseball player.) I can't remember who we got in the A phase, someone likely not to pan out.

Rule V draft. 

And did Nen and Hernandez go to San Francisco in the same deal, or am I just thinking wrong?

I do know he was the main prospect in that deal though.

July 24, 1999: The Giants obtain P Livan Hernandez from the Marlins in exchange for minor league Ps Jason Grilli and Nate Bump.

Link