I still feel something is going to go down.

JDsDirtySox

Joey Cora was interviewed on Saturday on ESPN Radio. There really wasn't much to the interview, mostly just focused on Ozzie and his plans for the team. Cora did say something very interesting though. Cora said Ozzie and him talk all of the time, and that KW and Ozzie talk nearly every day. Cora went on to say he has no clue what the team will look like that opens spring training, but he said KW is working hard, and something major will happen. They tried to get him to elaborate on it, but it basically came down to Cora having a feeling that a "Big" move is going to go down in the next couple of weeks.

I know this doesn't mean much at all, but Cora's comments still make me think our team is not complete yet. While it may be the long rumored Konerko or Maggs deals, I think one key move may be a signing.

Jayson Stark said on ESPN.com that the Dodgers have been tied all off-season by the impending sale, and if it becomes official in Feb. then the Dodgers probably will add a bat... he specifically mentioned Hildago and Maggs. He also said Nomar was not out of the question for the LA, so Nomar may still be available

Jayson Stark said on ESPN.com that the Dodgers have been tied all off-season by the impending sale, and if it becomes official in Feb. then the Dodgers probably will add a bat... he specifically  mentioned Hildago and Maggs.  He also said Nomar was not out of the question for the LA, so Nomar may still be available

Yeah once the sale goes through, then we can see what's up.

The sale will not go through. Eli Broad will buy the team and Peter O'Malley will become the teams new president.

Broad has the money and is a multi-billionarie. When you add the fact that O'Malley would be one of the minority investors and there is no chance the McCourt deal goes down.

This is about the time where everyone tries to speculate what the trade is going to be. :lol:

We all have waited nearly three months during this offseason for something big to happen, I know I can hold out an extra two weeks. For a while, I believed we were going to start '04 with our team exactly as is....I can only pray that in the event of a trade involving maggs,Konerko KW gets equal talent in return.

The sale will not go through.  Eli Broad will buy the team and Peter O'Malley will become the teams new president.

Broad has the money and is a multi-billionarie.  When you add the fact that O'Malley would be one of the minority investors and there is no chance the McCourt deal goes down.

McCourt was gettin most of his money to make an offa from loans I think, so that's why he can't but the team. But yeah sumthin will go down in Februray with the Dodgers if a sale happens, but I gotta feelin it'll be for Richard Hidalgo and not for Maggs cos the askin price will be a lot less, plus Hildalgo will be cheaper since Houston will pay part of his contract to get rid of him, so LA can fill otha needs as well if they want.

McCourt only has one piece of property in Boston that he purchased ions ago for a million dollars or so. Now its supposedly worth a few hundred million and thats what his collateral is to buy the Dodgers. He has almost no money.

I'm assuming McCourt wants the Dodgesr for the land around the stadium. He could have the team for a few years, then get the city to finance a stadium in downtown LA, tear down Dodger stadium and now you have a prime piece of real estate that will net you at a minimum 200 million, I'd assume more.

Cora called me yesterday and told me the rumor.

todd Ritchie gets signed by the Pirates and gets traded to the White Sox for

Buerhle, Loiaza, Rausch and Diaz.

KW really thinks Ritchie was damaged by Manuel, second chance.

I'm hopin that was meant to be in green. :lol: ;)

id be a little weary of an KW trade at this point..history has showed with KW that when he tries to make deals and they fall through (erstad - giles ect) that he has a tendancy to panic and then make a deal thats lobsided...ill bet the word in the GM circles on KW is if you wait him out you'll what you want..and then some..

This post makes no sense.  So Cora does a radio interview.  BFD

Maybe before throwing out yor BFD you should realize I said in the post this wasn't that big. I was just posting info from the interview for those who didn't hear it, or those who aren't in Chicago to get ESPN 1000.

I just found it interesting that Cora didn't say this is the team we will go to ST with. He said he has no idea what its going to look like and went on to say KW wasn't done.

If you don't like sorry.

We are getting too testy here Sox fans. We are all family remember and it's why I like to post on this board. I wouldn't mind going into the season with the team intact, but of course a good trade that can help us is always welcome. Bottom line remains: will it help us?

:fthecubs I think if a deal is going to happen they will wait till the friday of soxfest to announce it like they did with Kenny Lofton two years ago. hopefully something goes down quickly because I think the entire budget right now is tied up in nine players so something has got to give.

If its a deal, then I don't really think they can wait till Soxfest. If the opportunity opens itself, I have no doubt that Ken Williams will make a trade to better this team, but if it doesn't, I hope he doesn't try to force something.

While this team could be better, it still has a shot. I'd really love to see the Sox add a veteran pitcher, but I doubt that will happen.

The only thing going down is my lunch. And every time I look at our pitchers, it's in danger of coming up.

I am now officially at my pre season form. We are going to be battling for 4th with the Tigers. ANYTHING else is cause for joy. If we get swept opening weekend, I can live with it because it is expected. I will not count all the pre season pundits who picked the Sox last year. I will not get excited.

I'm all for KW & JR trading Maggs. I like him but outfielders can easily be replaced. We need pitching and if trading Maggs can bring us good pitching then I'm for it. Remember all the other big names that wanted huge contracts and JR said good bye to and their careers went no where?

McDowell?

A. Fernandez?

W. Alvarez?