Welcome to Monday

Texsox

So what should we talk about today?

I had an interesting phone call Saturday. A woman I just met on Wednesday, when her son joined my Scout Troop, called me and explained her husband ran out with two month's rent money and she was homeless with her 6 kids and needed $425. None of the shelters would take her in unless she was physically or sexually abused. She was obviously desperate enough to call an almost total stranger. I guess I have a kind face.

Sadly in the end there was nothing I could do. :angry:

Is that the 4 way murder in Gary?  That was something else

Yeah - that's what I am talking about. The picture they showed of the little guy tugged at my heart. It's one thing to shoot a dealer (sorry, I have no pity for someone in that position), but to gun down a kid, he was all of 2, he couldn't testify or get revenge or anything like that, how could someone gun down a baby?

Yeah - that's what I am talking about.  The picture they showed of the little guy tugged at my heart.  It's one thing to shoot a dealer (sorry, I have no pity for someone in that position), but to gun down a kid, he was all of 2, he couldn't testify or get revenge or anything like that, how could someone gun down a baby?

Yeah I understand exactly what you are saying. That was one of the saddest stories I have heard in a long time.

It makes me gratefull that I have time to worry about who are #5 starter will be.

What made me sad is one of my thoughts is this is a scam the lady is pulling and I would bever see the loan repaid.

What made me sad is one of my thoughts is this is a scam the lady is pulling and I would bever see the loan repaid.

You know what, Tex?

You can't HELP but be suspicious.

People have been pulling the tug-at-the-heart-strings scams since time began.

The fact that she barely knows you and would hit you up for cash is a HUGE red flag.

She may not be scamming, but the scam artists of the world has made many people far less likely to help someone out than they might have been in the past.

And the part that destroyed me about the Gary murders was the thought of dropping your child off and coming back later to find your child dead.

I literally can not even imagine what I'd do and how broken I'd be if anything like that ever happened to me with my daughter....simply devastating.

You know what, Tex?

You can't HELP but be suspicious.

People have been pulling the tug-at-the-heart-strings scams since time began.

The fact that she barely knows you and would hit you up for cash is a HUGE red flag.

She may not be scamming, but the scam artists of the world has made many people far less likely to help someone out than they might have been in the past.

And the part that destroyed me about the Gary murders was the thought of dropping your child off and coming back later to find your child dead.

I literally can not even imagine what I'd do and how broken I'd be if anything like that ever happened to me with my daughter....simply devastating.

She knew how to pull the strings. Twins left on the stairwell by the evil landlord who locked them out. Sleeping in the car in a hospital parking lot. No showers. Leaving the kids at the library.