2004 Sox

kapkomet

Everyone keeps talking about the deals that have been made, or lack thereof.

Let's remember that we have a totally different management style, a totally different attitude, and probably a totally different focus for this year's team.

I'm not saying whether these attitudes are good or bad. I don't think any of us really know this until spring training starts.

Bottom line: Manuel was pretty passive, Ozzie is a lot more "firey". I would like to see this team preach the fundamentals and win some games playing "small-ball", by being aggressive, etc. Remember the two 1-0 Detroit games. By playing a little more agressively, and paying attention to detail, those games are winnable. You can't win all the games by the long ball.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. The start is HUGE this year. This team will make deals at the deadline if they're in it. And remember, it's better to make those deals THEN than now because in most cases, a deadline deal means you don't have to pay for the salary... which is just what the Reinsdork ordered...

The start is especially important this year, since the Sox play KC and the Yankees right off the bat.

If the Sox want to deflate the KC bubble a bit, they NEED to dominate the early games.

And to prove to doubters ( and maybe to themselves ) that this year's team CAN compete with the "better teams", they have to put up a good showing against NY.

I really hope they come out of the gate hot this year, it'll make things SO much more enjoyable!!!

plus its impossible for this franchise to be a come from behind winner since its been proven in the past that we could be as llittle as 3 games out of first and management wil pack it in and start dismantling the team at the trade deadline...the only way this team can ever win is a hot april and may

The start is especially important this year, since the Sox play KC and the Yankees right off the bat.

If the Sox want to deflate the KC bubble a bit, they NEED to dominate the early games.

And to prove to doubters ( and maybe to themselves ) that this year's team CAN compete with the "better teams", they have to put up a good showing against NY.

I really hope they come out of the gate hot this year, it'll make things SO much more enjoyable!!!

You know, I really think Mark Buehrle deserves his first career start at Yankee Stadium this season. I'd say he's earned it. :D