should organ donars have a choice

baggio202

It is a tough call. I forgot which sports celeb received a transplant even though he was sick with something else (Micky Mantle?) and did Crosby get a new liver?

I find it outragous that prisoners receive better health benefits than many working Americans. Would I sign a exclusion on my organ donor card that a prisoner could not receive the organ? Possibly. How about no felons, child molesters, murderers? I could go for that.

It is a tough call. I forgot which sports celeb received a transplant even though he was sick with something else (Micky Mantle?) and did Crosby get a new liver?

Yeah it was Mantle.

It is a tough call. My friend's sister died recently waiting for a heart.

Would I sign a exclusion on my organ donor card that a prisoner could not receive the organ? Possibly. How about no felons, child molesters, murderers? I could go for that.

I could go for that, but besides that......no you shouldn't be able to choose.

I could go for that, but besides that......no you shouldn't be able to choose.

i agree with that...otherwise you would have people saying stuff like ill donate my organs only if you gaurentee that a person a certain race gets it..

of course that presents a moral dilemma too..you could have two people in need of a organ...one white and one black...if the one donar said ill only do it if a white guy gets it then you have his organ for the white guy and the black guy could get one from another donor...maybe even a black guy that said only another black guy gets my organs...otherwise maybe you are still looking for 2 organs..we are so short of organs in this country do we put stipulations on donars that might make them think twice??...no matter how stupid they are???

i dont know ...it does make for a good debate...lets hope whichever is the best way to go is what happens here

i agree with that...otherwise you would have people saying stuff like ill donate my organs only if you gaurentee that a person a certain race gets it..

of course that presents a moral dilemma too..you could have two people in need of a organ...one white and one black...if the one donar said ill only do it if a white guy gets it then you have his organ for the white guy and the black guy could get one from another donor...maybe even a black guy that said only another black guy gets my organs...otherwise maybe you are still looking for 2 organs..we are so short of organs in this country do we put stipulations on donars that might make them think twice??...no matter how stupid they are???

i dont know ...it does make for a good debate...lets hope whichever is the best way to go is what happens here

choosing only one race to give to just doesn't work, that's down right idiotic. But I can see not wanting to save the life of a criminal.

It is interesting, on the surface, being able to choose who gets your gift seems correct. On the other hand, I may not like my organs going to Purples or Greens and would prefer them to go to Blues. Some one else may feel the opposite. Perhaps the best way for my organ to help Blues is if it goes to a Green or Purple because an Purple might donate to a Blue. Did that make sense? I was trying to avoid labels that would side track the concept.

I am donating my organs regardless who gets them. I had not considered a convicted child molester getting them. I do not have any objections based on race, religion, or sexual preference.

It is interesting, on the surface, being able to choose who gets your gift seems correct. On the other hand, I may not like my organs going to Purples or Greens and would prefer them to go to Blues. Some one else may feel the opposite. Perhaps the best way for my organ to help Blues is if it goes to a Green or Purple because an Purple might donate to a Blue. Did that make sense? I was trying to avoid labels that would side track the concept.

I am donating my organs regardless who gets them. I had not considered a convicted child molester getting them. I do not have any objections based on race, religion, or sexual preference.

i've been a donar for years...and dont really care who gets mine...and like you never really though about the felon issue...i just hope something like whats going on in california doesnt have a negative effect on donations...the lists are so long right now as it is