ARow busting his ass

southsider2k5

if he is working out w/ frank, let's hope the work ethic doesn't rub off.  It looks like its not.  Good to see.

Frank works out as much as any player in MLB. Sometimes he looks a little puffy in his uniform on televison, but if you ever see him in person, he is pretty solid. Just because Ozzie pops off about him, and later says he hasn't seen him play in 6 years, which means he hasn't seen Frank play since he was a perennial MVP candidate, indicates that KW is feeding Guillen information, knowing Ozzie has too big of mouth to keep it quiet. KW is dying for Frank to demand a trade.

I hope you meant to say "does rub off". You won't find anyone not named A-Rod that works harder than Frank in the off-season.

work ethic wasn't exactly the right word for that, "work attitude" is more of what i was trying to say.

Rowand has always been one of the few guys that has busted his ass off ever since he's gotten to the Big Leagues. The same goes for Willie Harris, the hard work these two put in during the off-season and during their training before and during games are only going to help the Sox.

Ozzie is going to love Harris and Rowand.

CWSOX45

Aaron Rowand is a stud. This kid can hit. He just never got his chance to play. This year, I hope he has a great year playing at centerfield. This guy's workethic is off the charts. Here is my favorite part of that article..

“Maybe I don’t have the God-given ability of Magglio (Ordonez), Carlos (Lee) or Frank (Thomas),” Rowand said. “I don’t have the 6-foot-5 frame. For me, it’s all about working harder than the next guy.

“I can’t slack off all winter, play golf and then just go pick up a bat,” Rowand added. “I enjoy coming in here and trying to better myself, and I feel lazy when I’m not working out.”

That just shows you he's going to be in shape this spring, ready to play, and have his mind set focused. Gotta respect a guy like that. Go Arow! Go Reed! and go sox!

:headbang :cheers :usa :snr :notworthy :cheers :bringit :fthecubs

Aaron Rowand is a stud. This kid can hit. He just never got his chance to play. This year, I hope he has a great year playing at centerfield. This guy's workethic is off the charts. Here is my favorite part of that article..

“Maybe I don’t have the God-given ability of Magglio (Ordonez), Carlos (Lee) or Frank (Thomas),” Rowand said. “I don’t have the 6-foot-5 frame. For me, it’s all about working harder than the next guy.

“I can’t slack off all winter, play golf and then just go pick up a bat,” Rowand added. “I enjoy coming in here and trying to better myself, and I feel lazy when I’m not working out.”

That just shows you he's going to be in shape this spring, ready to play, and have his mind set focused. Gotta respect a guy like that. Go Arow! Go Reed! and go sox!

:headbang  :cheers  :usa  :snr  :notworthy  :cheers  :bringit  :fthecubs

A-row isn't a stud yet, but the more I hear about him, the more I look forward to this season. Him and Ozzie should work EXTREMELY well together.

A-row isn't a stud yet, but the more I hear about him, the more I look forward to this season.  Him and Ozzie should work EXTREMELY well together.

Arow and Crede were good prospects years back. The thing is they rushed Arow even though they believed he could hit even better than crede. That was the sox mistake. The should have took their time like they did with Crede. Arow should have been a hellova hitter right now if he didnt get in so much untimely situations (signing lofton, and that dirt bike accident.) just wait till people see him when he playes alot of these games this year. (hopefully he wont get into other untimely accidents as well this year.)

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp

Good to see this guy is giving his all to get read for the spring.  i wonder if being in Vegas he is working out with Frank or not?

If hes working out with the Big Skirt then he's sitting in KFC somewhere lifting chicken wings and stuffing his face with cole slaw by day and wrestling bouncers in strip clubs by night. Lets hope he takes his offseason workouts a bit more seriously

If hes working out with the Big Skirt then he's sitting in KFC somewhere lifting chicken wings and stuffing his face with cole slaw by day and wrestling bouncers in strip clubs by night.  Lets hope he takes his offseason workouts a bit more seriously

You're an idiot... Why don't you go tackle an umpire.

I'm so glad to see all the Rowand supporters! I also believe he has the talent. He was hitting well when he came up from AAA last year with that new stance and stuff, I think mid-.290s, then we got Everett. He would have started off last year really strong had he not gotten in that dirt bike accident. I look forward to watching Arrow in 2004.

Hopefully its known that I've been the biggest AaRow supporter around. i have been all for giving him his shot, and NOT bringing anyone in to play CF. No need to, when I believe that we have our solution already here. We are all rooting for ya AaRow!! :cheers

How can you not like this guy after reading that article.  Rowand's gonna make a lot of Soxtalk posters have a healthy serving of crow next season. :headbang

I think he will definately surprise a lot of people. I think he will have a breakout season. He's one of my favorite players to watch.

Hopefully its known that I've been the biggest AaRow supporter around. i have been all for giving him his shot, and NOT bringing anyone in to play CF. No need to, when I believe that we have our solution already here. We are all rooting for ya AaRow!!  :cheers

Same here, the kid can really be a good centerfielder. He has a HELL of an arm, I recall the time he threw out someone at home plate, the ball was beelined, a damn missle, right on target. It was beauty in it's best form.

Same here, the kid can really be a good centerfielder. He has a HELL of an arm, I recall the time he threw out someone at home plate, the ball was beelined, a damn missle, right on target. It was beauty in it's best form.

Yep, and I'm sorry....but Carl Everett had no friggin clue how to play CF. He just didnt have then mentality to get it done there. Throwing to the wrong base, missing cutoff men, weak arm....I know Carl could hit, but IMO AaRow can produce enought to warrant his everyday status.