Sox Look to move forward

Guest wsc425

After a long winter of nothing happening, the White Sox and KW are stepping it up a knotch. The team and ball park are going through a brief renovation, while us sox fans wait for the countdown at spring training, for a wait of 23 days. It took KW two years, but he finally got a #2 pitcher. Bartolo Colon, the burly, fast flamethrower, arrived last week in Chicago.

For the past few years Colon has been with Montreal (1/2 season) and Cleveland (Majority of career). Last year between two teams, he posted a 20-8 record with a 3.28 ERA.

Right before that deal with Colon happened, the Sox acquired Billy Koch, and two minor leaguers. Koch, formerly with the Athletics, was sixth in line for the rolaids relief man award on 2002. He was 2-5 with a career high 36 saves in 2002.

Then beyond that, KW has signed Armando Rios, Tom "Flash" Gordon, and veteran Rick White. All will help the White Sox in depth this season.

So here's the Starting Rotation

White Sox 25-man roster

Mark Buehrle

Bartolo Colon

Jon Garland

Danny Wright

Jon Rauch

Relief-Koch, Wunsch, Marte, Gordon, White, Ginter, Glover

1b Paul Konerko

2b D'Angelo Jimenez

ss Jose Valentin

3b Joe Crede

lf Carlos Lee

cf Rowand/Borchard

rf Magglio Ordonez

dh Frank Thomas

c Miguel Olivo

bench; Harris, Graffanino, Borchard, Alomar

Hopefully the White Sox can bring it together this year.

GO WHITE SOX!!!

BTW, I need topics for posts, I am running out of mine badly. If you can come up with any, thanks.

Borchard will not make the team in ST. He himself said that he's not ready and wants to return to AAA.

if thats the case and it was reported today that rowand cant even use his arm yet..he cant hit or throw, shouldnt getting a cf be a priority???

btw..in the jimenez trade we sent alex fernandez over to the padres..alex hit 299 in AAA last year and has a shot at winning a job in the padres outfield...seems like we might end up needing him more then we do jimenez..we are loaded with 2nd base prospects..but have none for CF

Every one, I think from now on we should put links to where we found info, like the rowand  one, where was that found...?

the rowand story was off the mlb boards...the guy who posted it said it was in one of the papers..i didnt bother to confirm it because the person who posted it has never lied about anything to me before...but he did he read where rowand was behind schedule

Every one, I think from now on we should put links to where we found info, like the rowand  one, where was that found...?

the rowand story was off the mlb boards...the guy who posted it said it was in one of the papers..i didnt bother to confirm it because the person who posted it has never lied about anything to me before...but he did he read where rowand was behind schedule

I can confirm I read that story too... just don't remember where.

One report on Rowand can be found here:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp

Aaron Rowand's offseason plans suddenly changed when he suffered multiple injuries in a dirt bike accident Nov. 1. He is progressing ahead of schedule, but might not be at full strength for the start of camp. According to Schneider, the club's projected starting center fielder "caught a tremendous break" injuring his left shoulder instead of his right.

"Anyway you look at it, he's going to be behind because he should be hitting now and he's not," Schneider cautions. "He should be throwing now, but he's not. His skills will not be as sharp or tuned in (when camp starts)."

He better 'cuz we haven't had one worth a damn since One Dog, and maybe April of 2002.

I miss One Dog.

I was never sure he liked the nickname until I saw his license plate: 1DOG.

And ironically, used to see his car all the time taking my dogs to the Comiskey pet kennel.

The only problem with Harris in CF is that he can't throw.

He can fly like a mother, and he's gonna have to in order to bail out Lee.

he kind of flies in circles though :o

i cant see him in CF...im really worried about catcher and CF..we are so close to winning this division but if the questions marks we have in those two positions dont come through it could derail the whole season

The only problem with Harris in CF is that he can't throw.

He can fly like a mother, and he's gonna have to in order to bail out Lee.

he kind of flies in circles though :o

i cant see him in CF...im really worried about catcher and CF..we are so close to winning this division but if the questions marks we have in those two positions dont come through it could derail the whole season

We've got these good young prospects. Let's see what they can do. You can always trade for someone if it's determined the kid(s) can't cut it this year.