Talking Baseball on ESPN 1000 am right now:

CSF

Rooney said some people from Charlotte said that Borchard's problems seem more mental than anything else. Levine said he should bat left handed only. Also mentioned that if Jeremy Reed does well, he could be up with the big club in June.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Robert Person now ... same stuff, blah blah.

Levine says there are 100 guys still out there.

Rooney expects more guys to be brought in (spring invites).

I expected them to announce a few today, maybe because of the holiday today.

Now they've got a local umpire on.

A caller from the North Side of Chicago identifies himself as a long time Sox fan since 1956........then proceeds to ask 2 questions about the Cubs.  Lovely.

Yeah, you could tell Rooney was a little exasperated about it, he said, "interesting questions coming from a Sox fan".

The guy sounded a little mixed up, maybe he meant he was a Cubs fan, those people are generally a bit mixed up anyway. :lol:

Yeah, you could tell Rooney was a little exasperated about it, he said, "interesting questions coming from a Sox fan".

The guy sounded a little mixed up, maybe he meant he was a Cubs fan, those people are generally a bit mixed up anyway. :lol:

Yeah, I think Levine crossed him up when he asked him who was the shortstop of the '56 team and the guy didn't have a clue.

Reed wasn't in the Arizona Fall League, U.S. oympic team--get it right Bruce

Reed played for Team USA that attempted to qualify for the Olympics. Team USA before their qualifying tournament, played in the Arizona Fall League to prepare.

So he was indeed playing in the AFL.

Levine also said Guillen has had no luck in getting in touch with Frank Thomas.

That still doesn't surprise me.

10 bucks says Thomas is in a different uniform next year, unless something drastic happens. He'll realize he has enough money and not only wants to win, but wants to get in a situation where he isn't being called out by his new manager and former teammate in his first press conference as manager.

That still doesn't surprise me.

10 bucks says Thomas is in a different uniform next year, unless something drastic happens.  He'll realize he has enough money and not only wants to win, but wants to get in a situation where he isn't being called out by his new manager and former teammate in his first press conference as manager.

I'm glad that somebody on this team finally has the cajones to call Frank out. Should have been done years ago.

I'm glad that somebody on this team finally has the cajones to call Frank out.  Should have been done years ago.

I agree.

But not in his first damn day on the job. I would have talked to him privately first, maybe waited until the middle of the season, something like that. Ozzie had the job for maybe 24 hours, if not less, and he's already burning bridges. Just not a good way to start out IMO.

I agree.

But not in his first damn day on the job.  I would have talked to him privately first, maybe waited until the middle of the season, something like that.  Ozzie had the job for maybe 24 hours, if not less, and he's already burning bridges.  Just not a good way to start out IMO.

Ozzie had Frank as a teammate for several seasons. Maybe the dude has his own ideas about how to "motivate" Frank. I think Ozzie had a plan when he started talking that day, and wasn't just shooting his mouth off.

Levine also said Guillen has had no luck in getting in touch with Frank Thomas.

Why is Ozzie running his mouth about who he has or has not talked to..? STFU and worry about filling the f'ing holes in this damn team and cut the drama queen Days of Our Lives bulls***!

OK I think I am going to start the clubhouse blowup pool at March 15th.  Anyone else interested?

Who the hell would be stupid enough to bet against you..?

Even if the place was empty I'm confident that Ozzie would fight with his reflection in the mirror.

Ozzie had Frank as a teammate for several seasons.  Maybe the dude has his own ideas about how to "motivate" Frank.  I think Ozzie had a plan when he started talking that day, and wasn't just shooting his mouth off.

His plan should have been to address Frank personally and not via a media outlet. C'mon Yas.. how would YOU respond to being called out in front of your co-workers and hometown media. ESPECIALLY when the little f'er hadn't even talked to him. Guillen and Cora both are going to make this orginization look even MORE foolish. You can cash that one...