Fat kids and schools

NUKE_CLEVELAND

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/01/05/no...s.ap/index.html

The only thing I could say about this one was BULL-s***.

The reason kids, and Americans as a whole, are overweight its because they don't exercise. I've been drinking sodas and eating junk food my whole life ( in moderation of course ) and I am physically fit and the right weight for my height. These schools that are trying to ban sodas and the like are the same ones that are eliminating Phys-ed (remember that?). Being that this is the "Nintendo generation" as I call it and kids spend their free time playing video games inside instead of playing tag or something physically taxing the school systems should be putting more of an emphasis on Phys ed but instead they are eliminating it.

It's true, I swear by soda and junk food but I'm in fine shape. I also play video games, but exercise is essential and I'm probably underweight if anything.

Just another sad chapter in the pussification in the pussification of America. Who was it that said pretty soon we'll all just evolve into giant asses with fingers? :lol:

I wouldn't give them soda either. No soda machines in my school until high school. The problem with saying that the kids need to exercise, is the fact that they will not exercise.

Over winter break, I worked with some junior high wrestlers. Several of these kids could barely even jog...I give them credit for trying to get active though. It was the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Alot of people also do not want to have to do anything to get to a healthy weight and stay in some sort of shape. Everyone is looking for an easy way. There is no easy way. I, as it sounds like many of you have too, been blessed with a great metoblism (sp?). I have a ton of energy too. I get asked all the time what the best way to diet is, and people never want to do the stuff that actually works.