Appel for bribing Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

Texsox

I wonder if you have to pay federal taxes on foreign bribes?

If it was the IRS we were talking about, I would be about 95% sure that the answer was yes. The IRS got Capone on his illegal money, when the feds couldn't put a case together against him. The IRS is how most mobbsters get taken down. So I would imagine that bribes would fall under the same category (yeah I know you were probably kidding, but hey)

It was the foreign angle I was wondering about. For example when I was working in Mexico a portion of my income was on a Mexico payroll and the majority was on a US payroll. My Mexico earnings were taxed by Mexico and then taxed in the US. These were all legal transactions. By-the-way I received credit for all payments to Mexico as if they were US. MOst of the time the remaining payments to the US were rather small. Plus Texas has no state income tax.

I wonder how you report this

Any additional income?

$1,000,000

Source of income?

Consulting fees

How paid?

Small bills off the coast of Greece in a large suitcase . . .

It was the foreign angle I was wondering about. For example when I was working in Mexico a portion of my income was on a Mexico payroll and the majority was on a US payroll. My Mexico earnings were taxed by Mexico and then taxed in the US. These were all legal transactions. By-the-way I received credit for all payments to Mexico as if they were US. MOst of the time the remaining payments to the US were rather small. Plus Texas has no state income tax.

I wonder how you report this

Any additional income?

$1,000,000

Source of income?

Consulting fees

How paid?

Small bills off the coast of Greece in a large suitcase . . .

It would depend on where you were "working" where you recieved your income. If you recieved the money in the US, for "work" in the US, despite recieving it from a foreign source, you should only be paying US taxes on it. I am not positive about his, but I know we have some nerdy CPA's out there who might be able to shine somemore light on this.