Royals sign Baldwin

witesoxfan

got one more thing to add about baldwin...he will always have my (and should have every sox fans) admiration and respect for taking the ball in game 3 of the alds in '00 when he knew he was going to have surgery on his shoulder and he was risking even further damage to give us a shot...there was no finanacial gain for him to pitch ..he was getting his money either way...he did it for the love of the game...and with virtually nothing on the ball and his arm dead he went 6 innings giving up one run (if memory serves me right)...took a real man to do that..and who knows how much more that one game he pitched for all of us took out of his arm...it could be the reason he might be pitching in the KC minor league system this year

and to think what that jag off KW said about him when he traded him after all that JB gave this organization made me ill..god i hate that little puke

Good signing by KC IMO....... they need someone to stablize that horrid young rotation.

JB still has some good years left in that arm.

But JB has an absolutely horrible attitude. That would not be a good thing if it rubs off onto the youngins...

I had always heard the JB had a great attitude. That's why Thomas and Durham were upset when he was traded.

Oh yeah.. he got along with everyone. HUGE party man. On the field and in the clubhouse JB felt he was better and got no respect. He was not a leader, and I doubt will give any direction to the youngsters. My guess is that he'll ignore them.

I just know Frank and Ray were upset... I don't claim to know if JB was a good teammate or not. I remember hearing that he was, and I qualified my comments with that remark. :huh: I really have no idea, nor claim to.

Upset at the way the trade went down maybe.. but not upset that he was gone. JB was a true headcase. And Ray had past personal issues with him that hindered their friendship. There was no love loss there.