For anyone that knows or could find out....

aboz56

Will any of these players be at Soxfest:

Billy Koch, Damaso Marte, Jeremy Reed, Joe Borchard, Neal Cotts, Magglio Ordonez, Cliff Politte, Kris Honel

Reason I ask is I'm trying to scrounge together stuff to get signed and was wondering if there was a chance that any of these guys would be there. Any info would be appreciated.

I met Kris Honel at SoxFest 2002 - he was just wandering around - I suspect that is the only way to meet the minor leaguers

Thanks for the info cw and steff...Honel is one guy I'd like meet a lot, so I'm hoping he's there for me to run into...

There have been minor leaguers at Soxfest every year that I have went.  I would try calling the front office and asking them about specific players 312-674-1000.  I used to email, but no one ever responds to emails there.

Well hell... :bang

I guess if I paid attention to anything other than the garage sale and the Q&A I might know these things.

Sorry for the wrong info Abo.. :huh:

No worries Steff...I just looked at the Soxfest page on whitesox.com and it looks as though it's updated a bit:

New manager Ozzie Guillen is scheduled to appear, along with current players including Carlos Lee, 2003 All-Star Esteban Loaiza, 2002 All-Star Mark Buehrle, Jose Valentin, Joe Crede, Jon Garland, Miguel Olivo, Kelly Wunsch, Willie Harris and Aaron Rowand. Also scheduled to appear are White Sox fan favorite Harold Baines, new third base coach Joey Cora and hitting coach Greg Walker, as well as other former team stars like 1993 White Sox Cy Young Award winner Jack McDowell, 1983 White Sox Cy Young Award winner LaMarr Hoyt, baseball’s single-season record-holder for saves (with 57) Bobby Thigpen, Britt Burns, Kevin Hickey and team ambassadors Minnie Minoso, former 20-game winner Billy Pierce, 1971 American League home run champ Bill Melton and Moose Skowron. Also on hand will be broadcasters Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, Darrin Jackson, Ed Farmer and John Rooney, along with general manager Ken Williams, assistant general manager Rick Hahn and Roland Hemond, the executive advisor to the general manager.

Thanks for the info cw and steff...Honel is one guy I'd like meet a lot, so I'm hoping he's there for me to run into...

2K3 gives good advice to call -

when I met Honel he was not signed up for anything, he was just there and in the kids corner (which they do not have every year) -

I have met some other minor leaguers in years past, ususally the ones most hyped - but again pay attention to who is walking around cuz I met some others that way too - just avoid RPS when he runs into ARowand... :lol: