Tony Womack

Chisoxfn

The guy is fast and if he ever got back in track would be a pretty solid leadoff hitter. 

Considering he hasn't signed anywhere, I'm assuming he'd be willing to agree to a minor league deal and he'd give the Sox a little more depth.

Anyone that is willing to sign a minor league deal, and could possibly fill a need for us, I'm all for it.

Just a guess, but I think they are now done with the minor league invites.

Every year they release all the names at once, like they did this morning.

Who knows though. Things change.

From the Boston Herald.....

The Red Sox are expected to sign former Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks infielder Tony Womack to a minor league contract today. His rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery late last season is well ahead of schedule and Womack could be ready to serve as a utility infielder in late April or early May. His deal will likely call for a minimum base salary of $300,000, with the opportunity to earn substantially more based on time on the active roster, games played and plate appearances. . . .

The Red Sox have no interest in former Twins and Orioles ace Scott Erickson, who auditioned for scouts in Arizona on Tuesday. The 35-year-old has missed two of the last three seasons due to arm injuries.

Boston Herald