kenny williams interview

baggio202

on zero...will get a shot to close but right now koch will go into ST as the closer and zero will fill a role around marte and pollitte...zero is similiar in delivery to scott sullivan..88-89 mph fastball with a killer change that moves away from lefties ala kieth foulke's..

on trades...says nothing is in the works and unless something unexpected comes up this will be the roster going in ST..

on rowand and harris...says he expect both to develop into great players..he says both have grinder mentalities...said that no one new who lee and ordonez where when they first came up and look at them..

on colon..said that was his biggest disappointment..he really felt bartolo was gonna resign with the sox..and him not signing caught us off gaurd

on the upcoming season..he is hoping we are in contention at the mid way point..if we are he will then add to the team..

on person and other ST invitees...says he doesnt expect any loiaza's..he said when they looked a film on loiaza they say something special and new they could make him a winner...doesnt see that in person..he says person already has pitched sucessfully in the majors and we know what he can do..the question is can he rebound from injuries..if he can they expect him to do well for us..

on schoenweiss...feels he canbe another mark buehrle..says he has wanted shoenwiess since he took over as GM...he believes that cooper can teach him the cutter and improve his change and make him a winner..

on the cubs..says we cant match them dollar for dollar..they have more money and better fan support...was quick to point out after saying that , that the sox fans that do come out and support the team are as passionate as the come..

speaking of passion he said and that was the main reason for hiring guillen...that he has passion for the game and he loves white sox baseball and feels ozzie can instill that in our young players...especially harris and rowand..

on people questioning harris...said harris did great in the minors and he expects him to produce at this level...

on doug menkavitz(sp?) saying the past 2 years , 1 to 25 , the sox had more talent then the twins but they were selfish and didnt play as a team...KW said DM was correct in that...we did have the better team on paper..said thats another reason we hired ozzie..that he could instill "white sox pride" in some of these players...

on wally backman...says his firing wasnt politcal...said that he interviewed backman for 4 1/2 hours for the managerial job...and said he didnt fire backman..after he decided backman wasnt right for the job he turned him over to the minor leaguer directors (whoever they are) and they made the decision to let backman go....kenny also said that this is the last he wants to hear from backman on this and if wally doesnt stop it he will let the whole story out and will ruin any chance of him getting another job in baseball

and on frank thomas...KW said he is mad at thomas because he has left messages for him and frank wont return his calls...suggestion by north (i think) was to trade thomas to detroit..

on trading frank thomas...KW said its not that simple..frank is a 10/5 man so he can veto any trade...plus you have to have a taker for frank and the trade also has to make sense for the sox to improve the team...

surprisingly..nothing was asked about maggs and how he is doing after all the trade talks...but thats it in a nutshell...it took so long to type this someone probably beat me to it :cheers

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on colon..said that was his biggest disappointment..he really felt bartolo was gonna resign with the sox..and him not signing caught us off gaurd

Please, I could have told you right after the season that Bart was gone...Who is KW trying to fool here?

and on frank thomas...KW said he is mad at thomas because he has left messages for him and frank wont return his calls...suggestion by north (i think) was to trade thomas to detroit..

What kind of organization is this? Why can't anyone keep their personal business internal? Does Kenny really think making an ass out of Frank on AM1000 will make things better? Damn this s*** is really starting to piss me off. Why do we have an organization of two year olds???

What kind of organization is this?  Why can't anyone keep their personal business internal?  Does Kenny really think making an ass out of Frank on AM1000 will make things better?  Damn this s*** is really starting to piss me off.  Why do we have an organization of two year olds???

thats the way i feel...what did kenny have to gain by again blasting frank , this time on air??..then of course on the live call in afterwards all the sheeples , or kenny's disciples call in blasting thomas

here is what i dont get...when thomas is talking and says something dumb his detractors say , why does he talk to the press , why dont he just shut up and play ball???..now , they are calling talk radio complaining because he is doing just that...

what's it gonna take for this guy to get a fair shake with not only the press but our fans???..why would anyone even care if frank calls back ozzie or williams???...i could care less...my feeling is frank has the right after the way ozzie and KW have treated him this off season to show up the first day of ST and knock the piss out of both of them...

all i care about is if frank can produce like he did in august of last year..anything else really is none of my business

What kind of organization is this?  Why can't anyone keep their personal business internal?  Does Kenny really think making an ass out of Frank on AM1000 will make things better?  Damn this s*** is really starting to piss me off.  Why do we have an organization of two year olds???

Why is Frank being such an a$$. He is the one acting like a two year old here. Its obvious Kenny doesn't want Frank here. I just hope this doesn't blow up in spring training. Frank needs to grow up and pick up the phone.

thats the way i feel...what did kenny have to gain by again blasting frank , this time on air??..then of course on the live call in afterwards all the sheeples , or kenny's disciples call in blasting thomas

here is what i dont get...when thomas is talking and says something dumb his detractors say , why does he talk to the press , why dont he just shut up and play ball???..now , they are calling talk radio complaining because he is doing just that...

what's it gonna take for this guy to get a fair shake with not only the press but our fans???..why would anyone even care if frank calls back ozzie or williams???...i could care less...my feeling is frank has the right after the way ozzie and KW have treated him this off season to show up the first day of ST and knock the piss out of both of them...

all i care about is if frank can produce like he did in august of last year..anything else really is none of my business

couldnt have said it any better, besides what reason does Kw have talking to frank in the off season anyway. i wouldnt want to talk to someone to talks s*** about me all the time either. has for ozzie he just needs to back off frank, ozzie has done nothing in his carrer to what frank has, therefor should just keep his mouth shut.

yea it sounds like he sent a pretty big msg to coach backman too.

I don't blame him. I'm only hearing part of the story by reading stuff, etc, but it doesn't sound like Backman is all that classy in the way he's handled things and my guess is there are a lot more things behind the scenes.

I won't question the results, but I will question the way he's handled himself.

Why is Frank being such an a$$.  He is the one acting like a two year old here. Its obvious Kenny doesn't want Frank here.  I just hope this doesn't blow up in spring training. Frank needs to grow up and pick up the phone.

OK I am probably Frank's biggest critic. But this is no way for professionals to run an organization.

Look at it this way. What is Frank paid for? He is paid to hit the damn ball, and work with his teammates to win.

What is management paid for? They are paid to make people want to play here, and to convince them to play as hard as possible to win as many games as possible, to increase revenues for ownership.

So why is it that people think Frank is at fault here?

His manager and his general manager have now pissed on one of the two best players in this s***ty franchises history, and have the balls to be mad that he won't call them back? What kind of sense does that make???? If my boss ever slandered me like that in public, and then expected me to call him back ON MY OWN TIME, would get a rude awakening the next day I walked into work.

Like I said Frank pisses me off a lot of times. I have said before I didn't want him to comeback to this team. I think he is a terrible teammate, and a selfcentered sulk. But in this situation Frank is getting the short end of the stick!

I have a question, to you guys, about Colon.

The offer was about 3 Years, 36 Million, correct? So, that would be 12 Million added to the payroll. Now, howcome we didn't replace that 12 Million that would have gone to Colon to get other guys, other impact players? I don't understand why we'd offer Colon 12 mill, him not take it, and then we're over budget? So we would have been 12 + over budget had Colon signed?

Can someone help me out here?

The offer was about 3 Years, 36 Million, correct?  So, that would be 12 Million added to the payroll.  Now, howcome we didn't replace that 12 Million that would have gone to Colon to get other guys, other impact players?  I don't understand why we'd offer Colon 12 mill, him not take it, and then we're over budget?  So we would have been 12 + over budget had Colon signed?

They would have made other salary dumps to accomidate it.

The offer was about 3 Years, 36 Million, correct?  So, that would be 12 Million added to the payroll.  Now, howcome we didn't replace that 12 Million that would have gone to Colon to get other guys, other impact players?  I don't understand why we'd offer Colon 12 mill, him not take it, and then we're over budget?  So we would have been 12 + over budget had Colon signed?

I believe he was willing to make the exception to keep Bartolo.

But the same exception was not a reality for any other pitchers.

Also have to figure that we would have definitely made another deal to get rid of another contract had we signed Bart.

Just my two cents.

Thanks baggio for the summary of his interview, i forgot to listen to it today, and u did a great job of summarizing it. :headbang

I bet your hands hurt from typing all that though... :D

yw..

actually when i typed it all up i was so mad at kw for his remarks on thomas i didnt feel a thing..adreniline is so cool :lol:

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Very well said!

Oh yea, Steff really let Frank have it. :P :P :P

thanks for the post Baggs,

I wasn't able to listen, when I turned on 1000 they were takling to dave Duerson, about the bears hiring Ron Rivera

The most surprising thing from the interview, filtered through Baggs, is the Thomas and Backman crap.... It seems like Kenny is trying to not look like the bad guy there. Backman is a great manager, but supposedly he made some UNMANAGERIAL remarks, maybe he's not the best fit within this organization, but for Kenny to say that he won't be able to work again is ludicrous. On the Frank stuff, seriosly what does he, or the team for that matter, have to gain from him bringing that s*** up? Keep it in house Kenny.

Frank will never get respect that he deserves...

your first day of spring training vision, I might actually go to ST this year if it were guarenteed that would happen!

I would take Frank in the first round in each bout...

Frank will never get respect that he deserves...

your first day of spring training vision, I might actually go to ST this year if it were guarenteed that would happen!

I would take Frank in the first round in each bout...

could you imagine frank chasing little ozzie around the clubhouse... :lol:

yw..

actually when i typed it all up i was so mad at kw for his remarks on thomas i didnt feel a thing..adreniline is so cool  :lol:

Lol, i've never heard of using adreniline for faster typing. I guess next time i have a huge report, ill just get raged at something so then i can get it done faster.

:)