Late Move suprises for SoxFest

Guest wsc425

According to the White Sox fans, we need a Catcher, and an Outfielder. New York has been wanting to deal Raul Mondesi; with Pittsburg in the running for the trade. It is possible for KW to swing a deal for the high priced, overpaid, medicore player. Jose Cruz, Alex Ochoa, Orlando Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra and Jon Vander Wal would make perfect fit for the Pale Hose in the outfield, considering Aaron Rowand said Wednesday that he couldn't throw or hit. Rowand, who had been recovering from shoulder surgery, is way behind schedule according to doctors, and was favored to take the starting Center Field reigns over in spring training. Yet, the White Sox have signed Armando Rios, but being the writer in MY opinion I do not believe he has potential to be the every day Centerfielder. In regards to the catching position, there is slim pickens in the free agent market, with Eddie Perez of Cleveland and Tom Lampkin of San Diego as the remainders. In trade, Michael Barrett would be a good trade from Montreal. As for the farm system at AAA, Mark Delesandro could be the 3rd catcher instead of Josh Paul, weak catcher that is to back up Sandy Alomar, Jr. Reminder, picking up Barrett would mean Olivo would be stripped of his starting catching spot of the Chicago White Sox. Hope fully with work, the Chicago White Sox can pick up these players and finally contend for whats wanted in the South Side; a World Series.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the White Sox fans, we need a Catcher, and an Outfielder. New York has been wanting to deal Raul Mondesi; with Pittsburg in the running for the trade. It is possible for KW to swing a deal for the high priced, overpaid, medicore player. Jose Cruz, Alex Ochoa, Orlando Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra and Jon Vander Wal would make perfect fit for the Pale Hose in the outfield, considering Aaron Rowand said Wednesday that he couldn't throw or hit. Rowand, who had been recovering from shoulder surgery, is way behind schedule according to doctors, and was favored to take the starting Center Field reigns over in spring training. Yet, the White Sox have signed Armando Rios, but being the writer in MY opinion I do not believe he has potential to be the every day Centerfielder. In regards to the catching position, there is slim pickens in the free agent market, with Eddie Perez of Cleveland and Tom Lampkin of San Diego as the remainders. In trade, Michael Barrett would be a good trade from Montreal. As for the farm system at AAA, Mark Delesandro could be the 3rd catcher instead of Josh Paul, weak catcher that is to back up Sandy Alomar, Jr. Reminder, picking up Barrett would mean Olivo would be stripped of his starting catching spot of the Chicago White Sox. Hope fully with work, the Chicago White Sox can pick up these players and finally contend for whats wanted in the South Side; a World Series.

So.......... your saying we get Raul Mondesi to play center......He makes 11 million dollars and sucks, why would we bother? His numbers last year..... .232 26 88.

John Vander Wal, and Ruben Sierra? they aren't everyday players anymore. You'd need to strap roller blades on them

Jose Cruz Jr is the answer in center field, if we can't get him....... maybe Orlando Palmiero..... but other wise f**getaboutit.

On the catching situation...... Mark Delesandro should be the 3rd catcher at AAA, he's horrible and will never see the light of day in the MLB.

Micheal Barret is decent, I believe he put up .263 12 49....I believe that Miguel can put up similar numbers, something along the lines of 250 8 40 and if thats the case, Miguel has a better arm, is cheaper and is also the future of the organization behind the plate.

I think that Vanderwall would be a nice fit in the Sox OF. But maybe, if Aaron is not ready for opening day, Jerry Manuel will start Joe Borchard...

What the Sox need more than an outfielder to compliment Lee and Maggs is a clear #5 starter. How would Esteban Loaiza or Chuck Finley do as the #5? Are these guys going to be too expensive or should we just rely on Rauch for our #5.

Any other quality Free Agents out there...

considering Aaron Rowand said Wednesday that he couldn't throw or hit. Rowand, who had been recovering from shoulder surgery, is way behind schedule according to doctors, and was favored to take the starting Center Field reigns over in spring training.

I missed that statement - what did AR say? Thanks...

I think that Vanderwall would be a nice fit in the Sox OF. But maybe, if Aaron is not ready for opening day, Jerry Manuel will start Joe Borchard...

What the Sox need more than an outfielder to compliment Lee and Maggs is a clear #5 starter. How would Esteban Loaiza or Chuck Finley do as the #5? Are these guys going to be too expensive or should we just rely on Rauch for our #5.

Well, welcome aboard Gr8Sox. I dont think we need either of those guys. Our 1-4 is rather strong and I think Rauch should be given the chance since hes the ace of the future. Even if hes mediocre well still be fine. But I think hell be able to something like 10 wins and a 4.80 ERA.

Well, welcome aboard Gr8Sox. I dont think we need either of those guys. Our 1-4 is rather strong and I think Rauch should be given the chance since hes the ace of the future. Even if hes mediocre well still be fine. But I think hell be able to something like 10 wins and a 4.80 ERA.

Jesus Christ....... I think I might actually agree with you roman, and you've made a pretty decent post.

I guess Pigs really can fly.

But back to being serious....... Rauch is going to be as good as any buster ass 5th starter we bring in here. I mean he can realistically win you 10 games, and maybe even more, because he can be THAT dominant.

Rauch is going to be as good as any buster ass 5th starter we bring in here. I mean he can realistically win you 10 games, and maybe even more, because he can be THAT dominant.

absolutely true - just because other players aren't on our roster doesn't make them better than our players - at the very least in 2003 Rauch will be a hell of a #5 and in a year or two, if we keep MB and Colon and Garland and Wright develop as expected look at what our starting 5 will be like -

and maybe that is why KW is jerking MB around because he is playing the odds that Rauch and Garland will come through big time -

welcome aboard.

there is no way that joe b will break st with us. that being said, if we can't get a great quality pit via trade or something, we should settle with rauch.

how about sending carlos lee to boston for trot nixon....boston is l;oaded with outfielders and lee can play 1st base for them ...they have tony clark i think as their first baseman so lee would be a huge upgrade offensively...and nixon would be such a huge upgrade over what we have now i cant find a word to describe it...we wo uld probably have to send over a prospect or two (this is where it gets scary with kw) because nixon brings all the intangables (good base running ,great bunter ,great glove ,rocket arm) lee doesnt and their offense is about the same

nixon 24 -94 256...36 doubles

lee 26 -80 264..26 doubles

how about sending carlos lee to boston for trot nixon....boston is l;oaded with outfielders and lee can play 1st base for them ...they have tony clark i think as their first baseman so lee would be a huge upgrade offensively...and nixon would be such a huge upgrade over what we have now i cant find a word to describe it...we wo uld probably have to send over a prospect or two (this is where it gets scary with kw) because nixon brings all the intangables (good base running ,great bunter ,great glove ,rocket arm) lee doesnt and their offense is about the same

one word for that................................ YES!!!!!

one word for that................................ YES!!!!!

I'd love to....... but i think they signed David Ortiz to play firstbase.

Sierra? Vanderwal? Mondesi?

c'mon now, for center?

It is possible for KW to swing a deal for the high priced, overpaid, medicore player.

Response: If you read me right, I said a "HIGH PRICED, OVERPAID, MEDIOCRE player"

Sierra? Vanderwal? Mondesi?

c'mon now, for center?

Now that would be bad!!! REAL BAD!!!!

It be better than having that piece of crap Rowand in CF. Borchard would strike out swinging easily.

So.......... your saying we get Raul Mondesi to play center......He makes 11 million dollars and sucks, why would we bother? His numbers last year..... .232 26 88.

John Vander Wal, and Ruben Sierra? they aren't everyday players anymore. You'd need to strap roller blades on them

Jose Cruz Jr is the answer in center field, if we can't get him....... maybe Orlando Palmiero..... but other wise f**getaboutit.

On the catching situation...... Mark Delesandro should be the 3rd catcher at AAA, he's horrible and will never see the light of day in the MLB.

Micheal Barret is decent, I believe he put up .263 12 49....I believe that Miguel can put up similar numbers, something along the lines of 250 8 40 and if thats the case, Miguel has a better arm, is cheaper and is also the future of the organization behind the plate.

1.) I was suggesting that he sucked, and we should not persue him.

2.) Vander Wal, Sierra, have A LITTLE gas left in em. NOT A LOT. Just get some1.

3.) No, Rowand will not be ready by spring training so we need someone.

4.) We could use some1 instead of JPaul.

5.) See above.

if we dont get anyone else to play CF then i would just go with borchard and let him take his lumps...if he could hit 30-35 homers and play an adaquate CF i wouldnt care if he struck out 250 times and hit 180...we need a cf and some lefty pop in the line up..borchard can do both