The annual Frank drama..

Steff

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to speak for him, but I think what he "couldn't agree with more" was that Ozzie Guillen and KW should stay away from the Frank topic from this point forward ... vs. should've done that all along.

My personal feeling, as I've stated, is KW and Oz should've tap danced around the entire topic of Frank Thomas, at all costs. Both positive and negative.

All three of the principals in this issue could/should have handled things better.

But it has happened.

I knew damn well the subject of Frank would come up when Guillen was hired because:

a). Guillen rambles and goes from topic to topic continuosly

b. The media would've prodded and prodded and prodded until they got a juicy quote, provoked or not

c). Like or not, as Sox fans, this whole "what kind of a clubhouse presence is Frank Thomas" is public. In the ideal world, it shouldn't be. The reality of the past 10 years or so has made it public. It is what it is.

And I agree with the statement that it should be off limits (discussing Frank w/the media) until spring training starts. That's the best way to damage control, and damage control is all they have left at this point.

Actually no, irish. You went from dead set against our opinions.. to "I couldn't agree with you more"

The opinion I agree on is not the one you seem to share. The opinion I agree on is that everyone in this instance is wrong including Frank for not returning calls in the first place. This is something you never stated and that is one reason I don't agree with your opinion. You seem to think Frank has done nothing wrong. That he is just sitting back minding his own business. That can't be further from the truth. This whole ordeal could have been easily avoided if your buddy Frank would have acted like a professional and returned a few simple phone calls. I was also agreeing on his opinion that it should be off limits to discuss this until spring training starts. I think if you would have read the posts previous to that one that you would have recognized this. Instead you just want to find fault in whatever I post.

I don't want to speak for him, but I think what he "couldn't agree with more" was that Ozzie Guillen and KW should stay away from the Frank topic from this point forward ... vs. should've done that all along.

My personal feeling, as I've stated, is KW and Oz should've tap danced around the entire topic of Frank Thomas, at all costs.  Both positive and negative.

All three of the principals in this issue could/should have handled things better.

But it has happened.

I knew damn well the subject of Frank would come up when Guillen was hired because:

a).  Guillen rambles and goes from topic to topic continuosly

b.  The media would've prodded and prodded and prodded until they got a juicy quote, provoked or not

c).  Like or not, as Sox fans, this whole "what kind of a clubhouse presence is Frank Thomas" is public.  In the ideal world, it shouldn't be.  The reality of the past 10 years or so has made it public.  It is what it is.

And I agree with the statement that it should be off limits (discussing Frank w/the media) until spring training starts.  That's the best way to damage control, and damage control is all they have left at this point.

I don't get that from reading his posts..

Initially Frank should have called.. and Kenny saying anything about it was/is his perrogative.. now he agrees that it shouldn't be anyone's business..?

This coming from the thread discussing my call where he agrees with M,J, & H, who disagreed with me.

Just an ironic twist.

I also find it ironic that M, J, & H went on and on about how great Frank is in the clubhouse.. not a cancer, always there for his teammates, etc, etc.. yet that hasn't been mentioned at all.. :huh

The opinion I agree on is not the one you seem to share. The opinion I agree on is that everyone in this instance is wrong including Frank for not returning calls in the first place. This is something you never stated and that is one reason I don't agree with your opinion. You seem to think Frank has done nothing wrong. That he is just sitting back minding his own business. That can't be further from the truth. This whole ordeal could have been easily avoided if your buddy Frank would have acted like a professional and returned a few simple phone calls. I was also agreeing on his opinion that it should be off limits to discuss this until spring training starts. I think if you would have read the posts previous to that one that you would have recognized this. Instead you just want to find fault in whatever I post.

Then obviously you have a comprehension problem. "EVERYONE should have kept their mouths shut" has been my stance from day one. Yes.. I did say it, many times. Airing dirty laundry is WRONG. These things should STAY IN THE CLUBHOUSE. What part of those comments don't you understand...?

And where did I say Frank has done nothing wrong, liar?

This would/could have been avoided had MANAGEMENT acted like MANAGEMENT and not like children.. but hey.. that's what we've come to expect from this operation.

Initially Frank should have called.. and Kenny saying anything about it was/is his perrogative.. now he agrees that it shouldn't be anyone's business..?

Where did I say that it was our business? I never said that or defended the reporter(s) for asking the question. I did say Kenny answered the question honestly and that is what people want. What I did say is that it wasn't Kenny's fault for answering the question honestly. Never once did I say it was our business what goes on in the front office.

Where did I say that it was our business? I never said that or defended the reporter(s) for asking the question. I did say Kenny answered the question honestly and that is what people want. What I did say is that it wasn't Kenny's fault for answering the question honestly. Never once did I say it was our business what goes on in the front office.

You didn't.. where did I say you did..?

Then obviously you have a comprehension problem. "EVERYONE should have kept their mouths shut" has been my stance from day one. Yes.. I did say it, many times. Airing dirty laundry is WRONG. These things should STAY IN THE CLUBHOUSE. What part of those comments don't you understand...?

And where did I say Frank has done nothing wrong, liar?

This would/could have been avoided had MANAGEMENT acted like MANAGEMENT and not like children.. but hey.. that's what we've come to expect from this operation.

You are obviously missing the point again you hard head. I don't agree with that opinion. You are leaving Frank blameless. Frank could have stopped this whole ordeal by just calling his bosses back. Do you not understand that or do you not want to understand that? When a question is asked and answered I have no problem with that. He answered it honestly and that is the opinion I have. I think you and Kenny also have a different agenda. You want Frank here. I believe Kenny is trying to get Frank to demand a trade.

How about right here? NOW I agree that it shouldnt be anyone's business? I never agreed that it should be anyone's business!!

And where did I say you agreed that it WAS our business..?

Stop putting words in my mouth, liar.

And where did I say you agreed that it WAS our business..?

Stop putting words in my mouth, liar.

Right here where you say NOW I AGREE THAT IT SHOULDN'T BE ANYONE'S BUSINESS!!!!!!! Do you see that? I didn't write that. That is directly from you? It is your whole basis of me changing my mind. If this doesn't mean that I agreed that it was our business then please tell me what this does mean. Your the f***ing liar.

You are obviously missing the point again you hard head. I don't agree with that opinion. You are leaving Frank blameless. Frank could have stopped this whole ordeal by just calling his bosses back. Do you not understand that or do you not want to understand that? When a question is asked and answered I have no problem with that. He answered it honestly and that is the opinion I have. I think you and Kenny also have a different agenda. You want Frank here. I believe Kenny is trying to get Frank to demand a trade.

I called Frank blameless..? Where's that, liar?

When are you going to comprehend that I DON'T CARE WHAT FRANK DOES... It's NONE OF MY BUSINESS...? Why do you feel the need to understand that..??

This is all about Kenny running his mouth about s*** that should NOT be public.

I don't care if Frank is here or not... I want someone here who PRODUCES between the lines when it counts.

Right here where you say NOW I AGREE THAT IT SHOULDN'T BE ANYONE'S BUSINESS!!!!!!! Do you see that? I didn't write that. That is directly from you? It is your whole basis of me changing my mind. If this doesn't mean that I agreed that it was our business then please tell me what this does mean. Your the f***ing liar.

One more time... where did I say you said it should be our business...??

It means that you agreed that it shouldn't be our business. Damn, you wrote it. You should know what it means, liar.

I called Frank blameless..? Where's that, liar?

When are you going to comprehend that I DON'T CARE WHAT FRANK DOES... It's NONE OF MY BUSINESS...? Why do you feel the need to understand that..??

This is all about Kenny running his mouth about s*** that should NOT be public.

I don't care if Frank is here or not... I want someone here who PRODUCES between the lines when it counts.

You are defending Frank no? Are you disagreeing that this whole thing could not have been avoided if Frank would have called back his bosses? If you disagree with that then you are making Frank blameless.

One more time... where did I say you said it should be our business...??

It means that you agreed that it shouldn't be our business. Damn, you wrote it. You should know what it means, liar.

Ok then how did I change my mind if this is not what you meant? What was your basis for this argument? I wouldlove to know that. WHAT DID IT MEAN AND WHY DID YOU WRITE IT? I mean if I didnt ever disagree with that then why would I NOW have to? Does anyone else see where I am coming from? I really don't understand why this f***ing b**** just doesn't leave me alone. I am so sick and tired of her ass.

You are defending Frank no? Are you disagreeing that this whole thing could not have been avoided if Frank would have called back his bosses? If you disagree with that then you are making Frank blameless.

Umm.. no.

No even close.

Every single one of my comments have been clear in that I think Ozzie and Kenny should keep their mouths shut about personal matters between the players.

This entire thing would/could have been avoided if they kept their mouths shut.

Umm.. no.

No even close.

Every single one of my comments have been clear in that I think Ozzie and Kenny should keep their mouths shut about personal matters between the players.

This entire thing would/could have been avoided if they kept their mouths shut.

Ok then answer the second part of it. Could this whole thing have been avoided if Frank would have returned his bosses phone calls?

Ok then how did I change my mind if this is not what you meant? What was your basis for this argument? I wouldlove to know that. WHAT DID IT MEAN AND WHY DID YOU WRITE IT? I mean if I didnt ever disagree with that then why would I NOW have to? Does anyone else see where I am coming from? I really don't understand why this f***ing b**** just doesn't leave me alone. I am so sick and tired of her ass.

Testy, testy....

You agree that Kenny had the right to answer the question.. now you agree it's none of our business.. ?

Is that not a differing opinion..? Either he should have kept his mouth shut.. or answered honestly. Which is it..?

Ok then answer the second part of it. Could this whole thing have been avoided if Frank would have returned his bosses phone calls?

That's none of my business and not the basis for ANY of my posts.

Could this all have been avoided if Kenny kept his mouth shut..?

There's your answer. It's because you make an ass out of yourself every time you two disagree about something - and I guarantee you that she's laughing every time you respond. It's quite funny actually to see you get so worked up.

This reminds me of a kid screaming bloody murder

BUUUUUUT IIIIIIIIIIIII WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA...

and the parent calmly looking at their child and shaking their head, saying,

"but, you don't need it."

and back and forth all day long...

:bang

Testy, testy....

You agree that Kenny had the right to answer the question.. now you agree it's none of our business.. ?

Is that not a differing opinion..? Either he should have kept his mouth shut.. or answered honestly. Which is it..?

I still agree he has the right to answer the question. As I have stated I think his plans are different than yours however. I think he wants Frank out and this is a good way to get that ball rolling. I also think that he gave an honest answer and that Frank could have avoided this whole damn thing by just calling back his employers. He answered the question and I don't see a problem with that. I also said from here until spring training it should be off limits. I never said that it was any of our business. That was not being debated. I was saying that it was newsworthy and that the media asks those questions based on that.

There's your answer.  It's because you make an ass out of yourself every time you two disagree about something - and I guarantee you that she's laughing every time you respond.  It's quite funny actually to see you get so worked up.

This reminds me of a kid screaming bloody murder

BUUUUUUT  IIIIIIIIIIIII WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA...

and the parent calmly looking at their child and shaking their head, saying,

"but, you don't need it."

and back and forth all day long...

:bang

You think I am worked up? OK then.