Upper Deck Renovations?

Gr8Sox

I was driving south on Wentworth yesterday and I noticed that the outfield light towers are now painted black. Kinda cool. In addition, the upper deck concourse appears to have a covering over it, suggesting some contruction work. Does anyone know what's going on up there?

the outfield light towers are now painted black

I guess having the Stones at Comiskey had some impact...

paint it black! :)

lol...that and having the all star game might have something to do with it

seriously the all star game will be a great opportunity for comiskey to get some good PR and help destoy some of the myths...any wagers as to how bad reinsdorf screws it all up??? :(

seriously the all star game will be a great opportunity for comiskey to get some good PR and help destoy some of the myths...any wagers as to how bad reinsdorf screws it all up??? :(

i will bet that the all star game will be a shinning moment and jr and group will get many kudo's

any wagers as to how bad reinsdorf screws it all up??? :(

No, I won't take that bet!

But I have to say that the one and only time that I ever met JR, last season 1st yankee game, we talked for a while and I came away convinced that JR is a real baseball (and Sox) fan, wants us to have a winner, and was really, really looking forward to hosting the All Star game -

that he is very sincere, IMHO from that conversation, does not take away that so many things he does get screwed up, for whatever reason!

There is a huge gulf between desire and delivery. :)

Oh.. I don't think this one is going to get screwed up. He hired the PR firm that handled Miller Park this year. No matter how bad people think the ending of the game was.. the festivities were out of this world. Way better than they were in Boston, IMO, and that was was pretty good too. Good news is that most of the decisions are MLB's and not Jerry's. This AS game should be awesome. I can't wait.

I was driving south on Wentworth yesterday and I noticed that the outfield light towers are now painted black. Kinda cool. In addition, the upper deck concourse appears to have a covering over it, suggesting some contruction work. Does anyone know what's going on up there?

They're enclosing the upper deck concourse with wrought iron and glass. The rows above where the plastic ends are the 5-10 rows that the reconstruction firm plan on tearing down and replacing with a HR porch in RF.

They're enclosing the upper deck concourse with wrought iron and glass. The rows above where the plastic ends are the 5-10 rows that the reconstruction firm plan on tearing down and replacing with a HR porch in RF.

Not this year????

Oh.. I don't think this one is going to get screwed up. He hired the PR firm that handled Miller Park this year. No matter how bad people think the ending of the game was.. the festivities were out of this world. Way better than they were in Boston, IMO, and that was was pretty good too. Good news is that most of the decisions are MLB's and not Jerry's. This AS game should be awesome. I can't wait.

well lets hope no conetruction workers get killed like they did at miller park. That was a real sad story.

s*** that going to look tough

Guest hotsoxchick1
its the white sox..something will go wrong...probably have some construction worker get shot on the way to work or something  and everyone will scream about how terrible the neighborhood is...

the optomism of a sox fan :(

well baggs a year ago that may have worked but the projects across the ryan are almost down.. ... and no one is living in the ones which are standing there now.. so no gun shots to worry about....besides its too cold out for the gangstas to be hanging on the corners....wait till thaw.. and by then it will be opening day... maybe we can stick jr and kw up there in the line of fire????

Not this year????

No..... not this year. Don't know how reliable the info is, but I talked to a White Sox employee around X-mas leaving the ballpark that I happen to know and he/she heads a particular department for the Organization (If RPS thinks real hard, he could probably put 2 and 2 together and figure out who it was I talked to). The renovation of Comiskey Park, according to this employee, will be done slowly but surely over approximately 7-10 years during the offseasons. The HKS pics taken down from their website a few months back is what the finished product is supposed to resemble. I tend to believe him/her because, if anyone was fortunate enough to see HKS's finished Comiskey pics (they were bone inducing), everything on the inside is painted gray and black with blue seats. By now, I think most have seen the black and gray which now permeates the entire inside of Comiskey Park which was completed this Fall after 2002's season was over. Considering they are redoing the concourses in the OF's and upper deck this season according to the pics on HKS's website, I'd say the finished product is at least 3-4 years away. The big projects (which are being put off until after the national spotlight of the All-Star game is extinguished) are a new grand entrance on 35th and Wentworth and a HR porch in RF to make up for the seating lost when between 5-10 of the highest decks of the upper deck are chopped off. Restaurants and new interactive attractions are planned..... according to the Dept Head. The reason why the renovation is being done in stages is quite simple..... each project takes approximately 6 months to complete and trying to complete the whole project at one time would mean the White Sox would have to find a temporary home for at least one entire season..... similar to what the Bears had to do this past season.

Not this year????

No..... not this year. Don't know how reliable the info is, but I talked to a White Sox employee around X-mas leaving the ballpark that I happen to know and he/she heads a particular department for the Organization (If RPS thinks real hard, he could probably put 2 and 2 together and figure out who it was I talked to). The renovation of Comiskey Park, according to this employee, will be done slowly but surely over approximately 7-10 years during the offseasons. The HKS pics taken down from their website a few months back is what the finished product is supposed to resemble. I tend to believe him/her because, if anyone was fortunate enough to see HKS's finished Comiskey pics (they were bone inducing), everything on the inside is painted gray and black with blue seats. By now, I think most have seen the black and gray which now permeates the entire inside of Comiskey Park which was completed this Fall after 2002's season was over. Considering they are redoing the concourses in the OF's and upper deck this season according to the pics on HKS's website, I'd say the finished product is at least 3-4 years away. The big projects (which are being put off until after the national spotlight of the All-Star game is extinguished) are a new grand entrance on 35th and Wentworth and a HR porch in RF to make up for the seating lost when between 5-10 of the highest decks of the upper deck are chopped off. Restaurants and new interactive attractions are planned..... according to the Dept Head. The reason why the renovation is being done in stages is quite simple..... each project takes approximately 6 months to complete and trying to complete the whole project at one time would mean the White Sox would have to find a temporary home for at least one entire season..... similar to what the Bears had to do this past season.

and i bet its going to look sharp/

Not this year????

they sox should just find a temporary home and finish it all in one year....i might be dead in 7 years :ph34r:

Not this year????

they sox should just find a temporary home and finish it all in one year....i might be dead in 7 years :ph34r:

then it should've been last yr. that was a lousy season. it would've been sweet to show off for the all star game.