Prospects from Yankees

Whitesox get

Livan Hernandez

Alfanson Sorinano

Yankees get

Jose Vidro

Magglio Ordonez

**No source, so no confirmation that someone was bored and just thought about**

Interesting though, because Vidro would leave in his contract year so the Expos get something for him, lots of young guys. Just something to ponder.

Let me just say that I think this trade is complete BS. I think someone has a little too much time on their hands. With that said, I think this would be a great trade for the Sox. Hernandez is a "Colon" although he isn't quite as consistant. He would be a great addition to the team. I am not a huge Soriano fan, but it is hard to ignore the numbers that he has put up the last 2 years. He singlehandly makes up for the offensive production lost by Maggs, so it is like the Sox are trading Borchard and Harris for Hernandez, which is a great trade off IMO. The 2004 team would be much better with this trade, however, I will repeat that it is complete BS(although I wish this was one of the few times I was wrong :D ).

Total BS trade mostly because no way does Montreal take Bernie.

Joe B and Harris for Livan? You could probably make that trade with the Expos now. You could also probably get Washburn for little more than that or maybe Garcia too.

Maggs for Soriano straight up? I wouldn't but I recognize others would.

'tis doubtful.

can't imagine why the Expos would want Bernie Williams. An aging outfielder with bad knees is not somebody you put on turf.

Plus, he's GOT to be close to a 10 and 5 guy. If he is, he could stop that trade.

Worth checking.

And he is a guy with an overpaid, long term contract. The Yankees would have to be kicking some serious cash to MTL.

Would Maggs play CF for the Yanks?  You've already got Matsui and Sheffield in the OF.  I don't see this trade happening at all...

No. Bernie is going to be teh DH for the Yankees this season. With Giambi at 1st. The Yanks signed Kenny Lofton to be their CF.

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like we'd be getting royally screwed on this deal. Livan Hernandez is ok, but not worth Borchard and Harris, imo. I can grudgingly see Maggs for Soriano because of the money issues. But even that is a stretch.

'tis doubtful.

can't imagine why the Expos would want Bernie Williams. An aging outfielder with bad knees is not somebody you put on turf.

Plus, he's GOT to be close to a 10 and 5 guy. If he is, he could stop that trade.

Worth checking.

11 full seasons in the majors, all with the Yankees.

It would be shot down by Bernie. Ain't happening.

It looks OK, but it wouldn't happen, solely because of Bernie Williams.

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like we'd be getting royally screwed on this deal.  Livan Hernandez is ok, but not worth Borchard and Harris, imo.  I can grudgingly see Maggs for Soriano because of the money issues.  But even that is a stretch.

How can you honestly say that LHernandez isn't worth Harris and Borchard? What have either of them done in the majors? LHernandez is a solid workhorse pitcher coming off a season in which he had an ERA of 3.22. He has a very respectable career ERA of 4.22, and address the Sox major weakness. Both Harris and Borchard are going to turn 26 this year and have done nothing in the majors. It is coming to a point were the odds are against them that they will ever develop into solid major league players. If you wouldn't trade Harris and Borchard for LHernandez, than you have no understanding of "the proven versus potential" concept, and drasticly overrate the Sox talent. From a Sox standpoint, it is a pretty even trade that addresses the Sox major weakness. It would improve the Sox and its that simple? Its not going to happen, so the few Sox fans who think it is a bad trade for the Sox(which it isn't) don't have to worry.