Part of Patriot Act

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/con...atriot-Act.html

Cruising on Fark I saw this and on their comments board, it's pretty both Republican and Democrat saying a big "Hell Yeah" to this ruling.

Here's one from there:

I'm a hard core right wing Republican and I think the Patriot Act is horrific. I'm sickened that more conservatives aren't against this. A big WOOT! from me, too.

Granted this is not the Supreme Court or anything but it's very interesting that this happened.

The Patriot Act is a bunch of garbage. I don't agree with Apu much on politics, but this Act should never be re-passed (it comes up in 05 or 06 right???). Maybe a variation of it, but no one, at least not someone entitle to the rights that made this country great, the rights that our fore-fathers died for, should be taken away without their friends, family and relatives knowing where they are or at least knowing what happened to them.

Whats next, re-instating the quartering act so we can have troops on every corner, just in case. I'm big on the anti terrorist fight, but to me the Patriot Act destroys what our ancestors fought so hard for back in the late 1700's (Well, not my ancestor, he was a general for the Brits :lol:).

Whats next, re-instating the quartering act... ?

Yes, pretty much. The Patriot Act is the modern equivalent of the Alien and Sedition Act and was crafted with just as nefarious a set of goals in mind and then dressed up as a move in the interests of American security.

good point about the alien and sedition act.

How can Bush still not see the evils of the act? :snr

Well, firstly...the language of the Patriot Act doesn't say exactly what it's going to do. The majority of it is just things like

"Removal of subsection © of..." and lots of other jargon. It's the main reason that nobody read the bill when they voted on it because even if they sat down to do so, they couldn't unless they had a bunch of other laws on hand to refer to.

And honestly, do you think Bush reads? I mean he has his reports READ TO HIM. :)

As Mark Twain said, "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government only when it deserves it." :usa