Valentin to Yankees?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the A-Rod deal should finally be dead. The Rangers made A-Rod captain to stop those rumors. So we have no reason to move Jose unless we think Uribe can stand out there. I feel better just keeping Jose here, because the Yanks obviously have no farm. I really don't see anyone on their roster now that I would want, w/ what they are paying them.

Why not if you want to get rid of some $$, KW said that he wouldnt be involved in the AROD deal, because he couldn't get rid of Valentine anymore, here's your chance Kenny.

I don't think the Yanks have anything to give us that we could use now.. and boy do we need help now. :lol:

Alfonso is still owed $20 mil over the next 3 yrs, we sure the hell don't want him and I can't see how he'd be the Yankmee's first choice either.

Trading Jose would have to entail us getting pitching in return, either directly or thru a third team like Anaheim. Otherwise there's no sense in making the deal.

Sorry about the spelling error, I didn't go to Michigan.

um,

(get the pun there)

Steve didn't go to Michigan either --

and will beat you into a bloody pulp for suggesting he did! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but then again, when you can't spell a Sox player's name... and an MSU student can...

:bringit :bringit :bringit :lol:

The Yankees have nothing we need and since they have no farm system no prospects either. They are the best team money can buy, but they pay exorbitant amounts for mediocrity and no one else can afford the players hence no trades unless it is dollar for dollar. We need to keep Jose Valentin.

I don't think it needed to be pointed out. I think we all knew who he was talking about regardless of the spelling. ;)

a White Sox fan site that has incorrect spellings in the thread titles of the names of our own players, especially one heading into his 5th season, just doesn't make us look like we know what we are talking about

typos happen however and I change about 1 a day in a thread title (thread authors cannot edit the titles once it is posted and they discover the typo)

as for the subject at hand: I'd send StJosE6 to NY just as a get well present and ask nothing in return ;)

a White Sox fan site that has incorrect spellings in the thread titles of the names of our own players, especially one heading into his 5th season, just doesn't make us look like we know what we are talking about

typos happen however and I change about 1 a day in a thread title (thread authors cannot edit the titles once it is posted and they discover the typo)

as for the subject at hand: I'd send StJosE6 to NY just as a get well present and ask nothing in return  ;)

That leaves us no left handed power whatsoever. Jose is not great, by any means, but this team needs him as it is currently constituted.

To me,Valentin's more of a 2B or SS,not a 3B.

Didn't we make this mistake in 2001??

Just asking. :D :D

P.S. ARRON BOONE IS AN ASSWIPE!!

What kind of idiot plays baseketball in the off season when his contract becomes null and void if he tears an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) playing basketball in the offseason????

P.S. ARRON BOONE IS AN ASSWIPE!!

What kind of idiot plays baseketball in the off season when his contract becomes null and void if he tears an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) playing basketball in the offseason????

It's not like he was out there riding Motocross. -- Rowand

or careening down residential streets on a crotch rocket, only to wrap it around a tree, doing more damage to your own body than just your knee. -- J williams

or broke his wrist "washing his car", replace "washing his car" with riding his motorcycle -- jeff Kent...

Basketball hardly seems like a dangerous issue... also none of those 3 contracts were voided, williams was paid for more than a year. I doubt the yankees would do the same.

oh and since we're picking on spelling in this thread... AAron.

a 20s something male who things he can do anything, he is invulnerable because he the great famous and honord athlete - typical of the male age group, especially of a top quality athlete subcategory

so I don't judge that hard - almost all of us would say oh a game of bball ain't gonna hurt...