Work question...

Steff

Depends on the job, but more than likely report it to the HR person or their boss. If they are working with machinery (like at my fiance's job) that has to be reported immediately or someone could get killed. In an office setting, physical harm would only be if the person started fighting.

When I worked at the grocery store during HS/first 2 yrs of college, the boss's daughter showed up drunk. We were supposed to work the desk together but that could have been costly (financially) so I told her to hang out in the office until she was sobered up. I was damned if I was telling the boss his daughter came to work trashed.

It's a sales guy.. he reeks!! I tipped off my boss.. he comes over and asks me "are you sure... " :headshake No.. I'm just going to start a rumor that can potentially get someone fired for no apparent reason.

He did drive.. he lives in the city. I think he's still drinking (something in the coffee..). He almost made me sick when he came into my office..

I feel kinda sick to my stomach right now.. I had to go over to his office to get something and I feel like I have this "you are drunk!" look on my face..

Why is he still there if you told your boss? They should send him home.

Was he at lunch with a client? Way back in the neanderthal ages of the 1980s and early 1990s a two or three martini lunch with a customer was the norm. Some industries have gone away from that big time. Some customers still cling to it and salepeople have to devide ways to handle it. At one time I had three of the biggest alcoholics as my biggest customers., Lunches on T-W-F were all drinking affairs. In all cases I would pick up a couple cheeseburgers and fries before "lunch".

The classis was the guy who went to the same restaurant every day. He had a race with his favorite waitress if she could mix his old fashion and get it to the table before he got to his table. Then she would take my order and when she brought me my drink, she would bring another for him. Then when the food was served, she would slip another fresh drink and ask me if I wanted one. There was no declining so when she brought me one he would have another. That out him 4-2 on me and we're just to the food. As she cleared away the plates another drink would appear and it was time for an "after lunch drink". Same scenario repeated itself. He would have 6 old fashions every day.

My other two heavy drinkers had similar plans. They never actually ordered the drinks, their waitresses knew what to do. They never drew attention to themselves by ordering, and they all appeared fairly normal.

Why is he still there if you told your boss? They should send him home.

No idea... Should I go over my bosses head? Take it to HR?

s***... I'm gonna puke right here on my desk. I am so unbelieveably uncomfortable right now.

Seriously though, that is an extreme problem.

Does your work offer an abuse program to help him?

Yea.. I think I read it in the handbook.

I'm gonna go tell HR. As with everything else around here... I don't think my boss did anything about it.

Ugh.. I swear I feel like I am going to throw up!

Is this the same HR department that banned capris?

No Capris? How would I get to work in the summer? :huh: :lol:

(Brian has a Mercury Capri that he pulled out of storage that will be driven after the brakes are done - have the parts now we need some decent weather to do them.)

the only person that would hate capris are girls with huge butts (cos they don't look good in them) and well....guys that hate big butts?

honestly, there's NOTHING wrong with capris.. they're so CUTE on miss sox4life...

lol...that was my one a day reference to her.