New Hampshire Primary

Kerry

Dean

Clark

Edwards

Clark and Edwards are by FAR my favirotes, but the polls didn't cast a good image.

Honestly I just want to see a split party going into Boston so candidates have to wheel and deal for delegates.

I was thought it was more of a Limestone State

Seriously though,

What makes a state with only 4 electoral votes so important?  You need 270 to be president.... Someone please convince me why NH's opinion matters so much.

were talking delegates, not electoral votes.

Come back after you have studied the election process!

were talking delegates, not electoral votes.

Come back after you have studied the election process!

sure but why should a state with such a small population base be such a coveted win in February? The process that elects a Delegate is so Bass-ackwards. It over values those small states that vote in primaries first, essentially silencing any voice that the larger, more important states come November, have in the selection process.

In a shocker

Kerry

Edwards

Dean

Clark

And edwards builds off momentum to finish 1st in south carolina

Just my humble prediction

Speaking of South Carolina, Sharpton is second in the SC polls right now :o

sure but why should a state with such a small population base be such a coveted win in February?  The process that elects a Delegate is so Bass-ackwards.  It over values those small states that vote in primaries first, essentially silencing any voice that the larger, more important states come November, have in the selection process.

In the primary elections all you need is more delegates than your competitors so every bit helps, and the bit is more significant than the electoral system.

It is also important because when a candidate wins a state it gives him a huge thrust in the next state. Kerry wasn't doing exceptionaly well in NH until he won in Iowa.

As far as why the Electoral system is still in place is to help people in small states still feel important. the 2000 election was decided by like 6 electoral votes, so the small states were important. If candidates were elected based on popular vote noone would campaign between Texas and California, so states like the Dakotas, Kansas, Iowa, etc. would be totally left out.