this trde would have me thinking world series

baggio202

here is my idea for the final piece of the puzzle

carlos lee and 2 pitchers from this list ( adkins , sanders , stewart ,ginter ,porzio , jacquez ,lee ,ulacia , wylie ,ect ect ect ) (id put diaz on the list bit i think murc would suspend my posting privledges :lol: )for trot nixon and dave nilsson...

boston gets lee who could be moved to first base (he came up as a 3rd baseman) he is a huge upgrade over tony clarke...seems they need pitching prospects..their roster is full of pitchers but almost all are over 30 and they felt that they couldnt trade for colon because they couldnt afford to give up casey fossum ??..not sure i understand that logic but im guessing it means they could use a couple pitching prospects...

we get trot nixon..solves our CF problem...this leaves borchard , rowand and the almost forgotten mario valenzuela (highly regaurded prospect who hit over 400 last spring prior to a season ending shoulder injury) to fight it out for LF ...any of these 3 are a huge upgrade over lee defensively..and dave nilsson for those who dont remember was a very good catcher for the brewers...he went to australia to play for them in the olympics and never came back...he just signed with the bosox..he is a career 287 hitter....his last year in the big in '99 he hit 21 -63 -309...plus he is a lefty :rolleyes: ....he could start out in charlotte and hopefully get his groove back before alomar goes on the DL...(he better get it back quick :o )this move would atlest give us somebody that can catch should olivo prove not to be ready....

any ideas??

carlos lee and 2 pitchers from this list  ( adkins , sanders , stewart ,ginter ,porzio , jacquez ,lee ,ulacia , wylie ,ect ect ect ) (id put diaz on the list bit i think murc would suspend my posting privledges :lol: )for trot nixon and dave nilsson...

boston gets lee who could be moved to first base (he came up as a 3rd baseman) he is a huge upgrade over tony clarke...seems they need pitching prospects..their roster is full of pitchers but almost all are over 30 and they felt that they couldnt trade for colon because they couldnt afford to give up casey fossum ??..not sure i understand that logic but im guessing it means they could use a couple pitching prospects...

we get trot nixon..solves our CF problem...this leaves borchard , rowand and the almost forgotten mario valenzuela (highly regaurded prospect who hit over 400 last spring prior to a season ending shoulder injury) to fight it out for LF ...any of these 3 are a huge upgrade over lee defensively..and dave nilsson for those who dont remember was a very good catcher for the brewers...he went to australia to play for them in the olympics and never came back...he just signed with the bosox..he is a career 287 hitter....his last year in the big in '99 he hit 21 -63 -309...plus he is a lefty  :rolleyes: ....he could start out in charlotte and hopefully get his groove back before alomar goes on the DL...(he better get it back quick :o )this move would atlest give us somebody that can catch should olivo prove not to be ready....

any ideas??

what is this, you and sox420 been hanging out or what. smoking that same stuff.

no way.

i would send them to ana for a pitcher and mathias the cat.

or to sfo for threets and liden.

Nixon can't play CF, so trading Lee for Nixon is pretty much a wash. There both very similar (and Nixon's defense is very overrated).

nixon has played cf for boston in the past...he can play it for us..how can defense be overrated???...have you seen the guy throw??..i guarentee by the end of april you would see nixon jerseys all over comiskey...one more thing on nixon..he has good speed..nobody in boston is allowed to steal bases..but there was talk last year of having him lead off and use his potential to steal 25 bases

Nixon has an arm, but his range isn't that good and he often takes bad routes. He'd be a big improvement over CLee, but i wouldn't trade for him at the expense of a top minor league talent. If your willing to give up a good prospect we'd be better off trading for Carlos Beltran.

let me ask this..we all agree carlos lee just blows ass as a ballplayer ..right??..he can hit..and as a dh or a 1st baseman would be servicable to some but as a real ballplayer this guy reeks...im getting a vibe here like some think he is actually worth something...does everyone remeber how we ragged on "dumbass caballo" for things like getting picked off once a week at a minimum??...for not being able to get a bunt down like all 3 times he was asked to last year???...for his defensive gems like not chasing down a foul ball that fell into the field of play in anaheim...then watching adam kennedy hit the next pitch out of the park for a 3 run hiomer that led to 8 runs being scored after two outs???

we do remeber what a complete screw up this guy really is ,right???...that he might the dumbest ballplayer to ever wear a uniform??...just checking because i really want him the hell out of here

Guest hotsoxchick1
let me ask this..we all agree carlos lee just blows ass as a ballplayer ..right??..he can hit..and as a dh or a 1st baseman would be servicable to some but as a real ballplayer this guy reeks...im getting a vibe here like some think he is actually worth something...does everyone remeber how we ragged on "dumbass caballo" for things like getting picked off once a week at a minimum??...for not being able to get a bunt down like all 3 times he was asked to last year???...for his defensive gems like not chasing down a foul ball that fell into the field of play in anaheim...then watching adam kennedy hit the next pitch out of the park for a 3 run hiomer that led to 8 runs being scored after two outs???

we do remeber what a complete screw up this guy really is ,right???...that he might the dumbest ballplayer to ever wear a uniform??...just checking because i really want him the hell out of here

im with you baggs.. hell at this point in time i would take navarro for lee........but with the offer being 2 pitchers and lee (toss in a bit of cash) dont you think we might be able to squeeze nomar out of boston.. werent they one of the teams all hot to trot for lee before anyhow??????? not too sure if i want nixon here ...espically when we really could stand to shore up the middle more on the infield side..........

I think Carlos will have a really good season. Something like .300-30-110, then we lost him in FA. With that said, he's still young and has potential to be a very good offensive player.

its been said many times over that clee will have a break out yr. last yr there were the manny rammierez comparsion.

I think he will, he's playing for a contract and we all know how big of a motivator money can be.

the pressures of a contract have also done in many a ballplayer..but i dont think that would be the case with lee...his laid back attitude and weak ass work ethic would never put too much pressure on him..im expecting the same carlos lee we always get...probably spend half the season in a complete fog..hitting like 240 with 6 homers and 24 rbi..tear it up gainst the cubs..get hot for awhile brings his numbers up to respectability and leave just enough glimmer of hope for next year so ill have sit through another off season of hearing how carlos will finally have his break out season of 35 -110 300...christ ive heard that for 3 god damn years now...

its funny..when kip wells got after only 1/2 of a minor league season..with hardly any major league experience at all everyone was talking about him crapping in his pants and shipping him out on the first sign of trouble...but here is lee who spent 4 years in the minors then has had 4 full seasons in the majors and im still hearing "oh this will be his break out year"...i wanna freakin :puke

HSC...remember i added dave nilsson in that trade for us..gives olivo some back up...it wasnt just for trot....if you are worried about the middle of the infield im sure the bosox would work it to add damien jackson...dont know what you think of him but he has a good glove , speed and experience..not much of a hitter...

Guest hotsoxchick1

didnt we just get rid of jackson??? oh wait a minute that was clayton....im sorry i get the two confused lol..... well if you added nilsson in there im sorry i missed it... i need new glasses .......i guess then i would do this for trot and dave... im just not so sure which pitchers i would be willing to give up... couldnt we just send them jiminez or harris and bring up miles and hummel ???????

didnt we just get rid of jackson??? oh wait a minute that was clayton....im sorry i get the two confused lol..... well if you added nilsson in there im sorry i missed it... i need new glasses .......i guess then i would do this for trot and dave... im just not so sure which pitchers i would be willing to give up... couldnt we just send them jiminez or harris and bring up miles and hummel ???????

that was my first thought because i thought they needed a 2nd baseman...then i checked todd walkers stats...man is this guy underrated...he has 290 or better like every year in his career...he hit 299 last year..i ended up wanted to trade for him..lol

thats why i didnt add damien to the deal..lol...but he is about all they have to give up unless we could swing it to get todd walker too for one of our prospects..

how about nixon , nilsson , and walker for lee , 2 pitchers and hummell???..but now its getting too unrealistic unless boston needed to cut salary...wouldnt that be funny..were taking on salary and beantown is cutting..lmao

carlos lee and 2 pitchers from this list  ( adkins , sanders , stewart ,ginter ,porzio , jacquez ,lee ,ulacia , wylie ,ect ect ect ) (id put diaz on the list bit i think murc would suspend my posting privledges :lol: )for trot nixon and dave nilsson...

we get trot nixon..solves our CF problem...this leaves borchard , rowand and the almost forgotten mario valenzuela (highly regaurded prospect who hit over 400 last spring prior to a season ending shoulder injury) to fight it out for LF ...any of these 3 are a huge upgrade over lee defensively..and dave nilsson for those who dont remember was a very good catcher for the brewers...he went to australia to play for them in the olympics and never came back...he just signed with the bosox..he is a career 287 hitter....his last year in the big in '99 he hit 21 -63 -309...plus he is a lefty  :rolleyes: ....he could start out in charlotte and hopefully get his groove back before alomar goes on the DL...(he better get it back quick :o )this move would atlest give us somebody that can catch should olivo prove not to be ready....

any ideas??

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Nillson get moved to first base by the Brewers when he was there because he was very weak behind the plate.

Bring up Anthony Webster.

Isn't Anthony Webster a little young and inexperienced and in need of a bit more growth as player to jump to the majors?

webster is young and is in need of more seasoning, however you may be talking of the cf'er of the future. i am not an expert or one who can predict the yr they might make it. but my guess is 2004 beginning or middle of the season.

another player is worth watching is jeremy reed.

I've heard that Webster hasn't played that much baseball in his life and there gonna go really slow with him, I think i read a White Sox's scout say that Webster wont be up untill 2006 or even 2007.

i will give way to you on this. i just don't know and you do.