Discomfort in the Twins chemestry?

Loaiza21

Well lookie here, this is from MLB.com

"Twins: Manager Ron Gardenhire reiterated that Jacque Jones "is my right fielder and he knows it," but the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that Jones was not taking anything for granted as he left town after a three-day weekend there. The Twins have reportedly tried to trade Jones and his $4.35 million salary for pitching help and to free up payroll room to go after more pitching through free agency. "I can't control if they want to send me to wherever they want," Jones said. As for offseason Hot Stove gossip involving him, Jones said, "I kind of had an empty feeling, just seeing my name even being mentioned in trade rumors."

Some upset player can lead to a couple. They traded AJ and lost Guardado. These guys aren't the same at all.

"Twins: Manager Ron Gardenhire reiterated that Jacque Jones "is my right fielder and he knows it," but the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that Jones was not taking anything for granted as he left town after a three-day weekend there. The Twins have reportedly tried to trade Jones and his $4.35 million salary for pitching help and to free up payroll room to go after more pitching through free agency. "I can't control if they want to send me to wherever they want," Jones said. As for offseason Hot Stove gossip involving him, Jones said, "I kind of had an empty feeling, just seeing my name even being mentioned in trade rumors."

Some upset player can lead to a couple. They traded AJ and lost Guardado. These guys aren't the same at all.

That sounds like peanuts compared to the impending clubhouse blowup between Ozzie and the Big Skirt.

That sounds like peanuts compared to the impending clubhouse blowup between Ozzie and the Big Skirt.

I think that's getting blown out of proprtion. Sure, I'm positive he was upset by it, but I think he just wants to play ball. If they start winning, Frank will get on board and won't hold a grudge. If they lose, we'll then it won't really matter what was said, we'll be back where we started. I bet Frank goes to ST and says it didn't bother him, and that he just wants to win and will do anything for the team to help that happen.

Awww poor Jaques, I guess he will just have to be content with that $4.35 million guarenteed.... meanwhile regular working stiffs worry about getting laid off and getting nothing, and trying to find a job in the worst work market in 15 years.

:fyou Jaques. No one feels sorry for you, or any of you pathetic, "I feel awful I am in trade rumors." pukes.

kc and cleveland have improved while the sox and twins have regressed...look for a 4 way race...of course if any of these 4 teams were in any other division they would be picked no higher than 3rd and more than likely 4th

How exactly did Cleveland improve? Is this just forecasting their younger players getting better?

The Twins aren't as good as last year, but neither are we.  It's gonna be a race to the finish witht us, them, and the Royals.

Royals??? And they are a good team because??? Yeah they may have gotten Graffy and Juan Gone, but really does that make them good. They lost Ibanez which is bigger then the national sports media make it out to be. He was a big big part of their offense. We as Sox fans complain about our starting pitching holes all the time, yet look at the Royals. I think they only had one start last year that won 10 games.

I personally think it is a two team race between the Twins and Sox. Don't be fooled by the royals If you remember, they weren't so great the second half of last season.

The Twins will still be competitive, they got Nathan which was a great pickup. And they have such an advantage at the Metrodome.

Royals???  And they are a good team because???  Yeah they may have gotten Graffy and Juan Gone, but really does that make them good.  They lost Ibanez which is bigger then the national sports media make it out to be.  He was a big big part of their offense.  We as Sox fans complain about our starting pitching holes all the time, yet look at the Royals.  I think they only had one start last year that won 10 games. 

I personally think it is a two team race between the Twins and Sox.  Don't be fooled by the royals  If you remember, they weren't so great the second half of last season. 

The Twins will still be competitive, they got Nathan which was a great pickup.  And they have such an advantage at the Metrodome.

The Royals will be in this race, I don't think, they'll win it, but they are good enough to hang around. And they have a manager that knows how to motivate.

Royals???  And they are a good team because???  Yeah they may have gotten Graffy and Juan Gone, but really does that make them good.  They lost Ibanez which is bigger then the national sports media make it out to be.  He was a big big part of their offense.  We as Sox fans complain about our starting pitching holes all the time, yet look at the Royals.  I think they only had one start last year that won 10 games. 

I personally think it is a two team race between the Twins and Sox.  Don't be fooled by the royals  If you remember, they weren't so great the second half of last season. 

The Twins will still be competitive, they got Nathan which was a great pickup.  And they have such an advantage at the Metrodome.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

They are a good team because they were good last year and improved themselves in the offseason. If Juan Gone stays healthy, he's good for .300 35 120, and that's just a little bit of an improvement over Raul Ibanez's .280 25 100 numbers.

Meanwhile, we do nothing to improve ourselves in losing Colon, Gordon, et al, and doing very little to help replace the lost players.

I think the Twins win the division, Royals finish 2nd(because of a lack in depth of pitching, not because they don't have good enough pitching), while we finish in 3rd, Cleveland in 4th, and Detroit finishes last, though they'll improve by 20-25 games.

And as I've said before, I think that no matter what we do, Thomas is gone after this season, because at this point, it is not about the money, it is about being in a somewhat comfortable situation without having his manager and GM taking shots at him left and right and making a private situation public.

mainly..they are loaded with good young talent...i think they have as good of a chance as anyone in this lousy division

I'm picking Cleveland as the dark horse to win this division. They will surprise some people this year just watch. The Royals are definitely a team to watch out for in this division. Whoever said they aren't dosen't watch enough baseball. They've got a s*** load of veterans who can step up from beginning to end of the season. But I'm still confident we can take this division. We are still GOOD in this division. No we not be the best team in the other divisions, but that dosen't mean we don't stand a chance to Royals, Twins, etc.. I still think we can win it this year, even with the ton of talent we lost in this offseason.

i think the royals don't have enough pitching, especially in their starters. i don't know about juan gonzalez, i can't help but see another season ending injury in him this year. i honestly wouldn't be suprised if they didn't hit .500. the twins will be about their pitching. they don't have the bullpen they did last year, and that could hurt if they don't get quality starts. i'm betting on santana having a good year, you never know with radke, and the rest of the rotation i think is a question too. if you remember the starting pitching improved dramatically after the all star break, and they won the division. didn't shapiro think the indians were on schedule for competing in 05 or 06? they could be the suprise team though, if their pitchers develop. so i think the sox have as good a chance as any, after that i think we're screwed.

mainly..they are loaded with good young talent...i think they have as good of a chance as anyone in this lousy division

OK, well I don't see the great talent you see. Isn't the biggest prospect supposed to be Brandon Phillips? I'm sorry but I just didn't see the greatness last year. I'm just not a big fan of all their young talent. I don't see it. Maybe I wil this year. Who knows.

OK, well I don't see the great talent you see. Isn't the biggest prospect supposed to be Brandon Phillips? I'm sorry but I just didn't see the greatness last year. I'm just not a big fan of all their young talent. I don't see it. Maybe I wil this year. Who knows.

id say their biggest prospect would be jody gerut..but phillips is right there too..but as we all know from our infamous number 1 farm system of 3 years ago , its a crapshoot at best when trying to predict young talent...im just going with a gut feeling on the indians..that and the fact that anything that could possibly go wrong for the sox usually does ..a 2nd place finish to a surprise team would be very sox-esque..

id say their biggest prospect would be jody gerut..but phillips is right there too..but as we all know from our infamous number 1 farm system of 3 years ago , its a crapshoot at best when trying to predict young talent...im just going with a gut feeling on the indians..that and the fact that anything that could possibly go wrong for the sox usually does ..a 2nd place finish to a surprise team would be very sox-esque..

OK I can respect that, gut feelings are good. Lets have a little more optimism on our home town boys though. The positive vibes from the fans may be what they need to push them over the top. Optimism people, optimism!!!!!!!!

Whether it helps or not, they do have a good manager as well during this time, something we did not have.

No question it is Gerut. I think Escobar, Crisp, Bard, Philips, and a bunch of others a decent prospects too (if they're still prospects). I question their pitching staff, big time.

No question it is Gerut. I think Escobar, Crisp, Bard, Philips, and a bunch of others a decent prospects too (if they're still prospects). I question their pitching staff, big time.

Doesn't Escobar have a injury history? Coco Crisp? I didn't think he was all that good. I do like the name though. You are right that pitching staff does not look good. Hasn't that always been the Indians downfall?

Gerut and Crisp are two of my favorite prospects on the Indians. I love to watch those two studs play baseball. And another prospect you should all watch out for is Grady Sizemore. He'll be in the Majors soon as well.