Jason

CubsSuck1

The article is in todays issue of espn magazie, but is also on espn.com. It reads:

You can't choose your relatives, but Pale Hose fans desperately want a new dad. "If Jerry Reinsdorf disappeared, everything else is in place here to win," says Jason Gage, who operates the fan site soxnet.net. "He's the worst owner in baseball." Hard to disagree. The Sox don't win much (three postseason appearances since 1960) and the new Comiskey Park is a sterile nightmare. No wonder Reinsdorf gets the blame (see above). Still, things could be worse. "At least," Gage says, "the Cubs stink too."

I bet it will get alot of espn mag readers/sox fans will hhear about the site now with that article.

Ya...he just randomly emailed us and then he called me up and we talked for like 20 minutes.

It was so cool...I couldn't believe it. Then today I get home and find out it actually got printed.

After it happened, I started thinking more and more about my dream of one day becoming a GM. :lol:

After it happened, I started thinking more and more about my dream of one day becoming a GM.   :lol:

I think you pretty much killed your chances of JR hiring you...

:D

I dunno...afterall, he seemed to listen to what I said. I did the interview before the Colon deal.

Maybe..just maybe JR read it and said, "man that Jason guy sure makes sense"; and then told KW to go ahead and make the move.

Kw did so, knowing that in the future he's going to have to pass the torch onto me. ;)

After it happened, I started thinking more and more about my dream of one day becoming a GM.   :lol:

I think you pretty much killed your chances of JR hiring you...

:D

I dunno...afterall, he seemed to listen to what I said. I did the interview before the Colon deal.

Maybe..just maybe JR read it and said, "man that Jason guy sure makes sense"; and then told KW to go ahead and make the move.

Kw did so, knowing that in the future he's going to have to pass the torch onto me. ;)

No Jason...........No

DUDE! , SWEET!

Way to go jason! Soxnet has grown every year and it keeps getting better. Congrats!

yea with people seeing that expect some new members except ur wrong saying the cubs stink cuz they are gonna have a better year than the sox. you wait and see.

Are you nuts. Offensively the Sox kill the Cubs. Sox have a better bullpen and a closer, and the front line of the Sox pitching staff have both done a lot to prove they are winners.

I think Prior and Wood are amazing, but neither have proven they can win a ton yet.

The article is in todays issue of espn magazie, but is also on espn.com. It reads:

You can't choose your relatives, but Pale Hose fans desperately want a new dad. "If Jerry Reinsdorf disappeared, everything else is in place here to win," says Jason Gage, who operates the fan site soxnet.net. "He's the worst owner in baseball." Hard to disagree. The Sox don't win much (three postseason appearances since 1960) and the new Comiskey Park is a sterile nightmare. No wonder Reinsdorf gets the blame (see above). Still, things could be worse. "At least," Gage says, "the Cubs stink too."

I bet it will get alot of espn mag readers/sox fans will hhear about the site now with that article.

Great publicity! Congrats! :headbang

But, IMO, it could have done without the Cubs comment. There you were in all your glory being talked to by ESPN Mag.. and you bring up the Cubs..? Was likely funny at the moment... but just adds more fuel to the fire that we actually care about them. Not meant as a slam or an insult.. just my opinion. :huh:

Great publicity! Congrats! :headbang

But, IMO, it could have done without the Cubs comment. There you were in all your glory being talked to by ESPN Mag.. and you bring up the Cubs..? Was likely funny at the moment... but just adds more fuel to the fire that we actually care about them. Not meant as a slam or an insult.. just my opinion. :huh:

I didn't really know what they would put up. I talked for like 20 minutes and all of it was about the Sox. That comment was regarding the ownership and I was mentioning how the Tribune spends all that money, yet the Cubs still suck, while JR doesn't spend a penny and they are on the brink with a talented team. I was wondering why he couldn't just spend a bit.

Of course, that was all before the recent signings and stuff, which I'm exstatic about.

Hopefully there will be plenty of more interviews :headbang