gary sheffield to play 3B???

soxfan420

no rotoworld just posted he told the yankess he would play 3b.

He must really be happy getting paid big bucks by George Steinbrenner. Now there is a game situation where Willie Harris can lay down a bunt to the 3B side and get on every time heck Frank Thomas could probably beat out a bunt to 3B.

For those who do not know, and I would assume many of you, Gary used to be a SS, then he went to 3B. He was a 3B when he was on the Brewers. Didn't move to OF until 1994.

If you look at the originial thread which said Boone got hurt -- the one that starts with cnnsi.com... -- I half jokingly brought up Gary playing 3B.

For those who do not know, and I would assume many of you, Gary used to be a SS, then he went to 3B. He was a 3B when he was on the Brewers. Didn't move to OF until 1994.

If you look at the originial thread which said Boone got hurt -- the one that starts with cnnsi.com... -- I half jokingly brought up Gary playing 3B.

i know he did i looked it up, but that was over 9 years ago he wont be very good now.

i know he did i looked it up, but that was over 9 years ago he wont be very good now.

He won't play 3B, and he shouldn't play 3B. Everyone knows that. The Yankees will go get someone. No question about that. If he -- hypotheically (sp?) -- did play 3B, it would be the Yankees trying to out-bash the other team.

It's a good idea for gary cause he's helping out his team, but it's bad for the yanks cause he' not young enough to play third anymore. (not the range he had back then.) but I'm not convinced the yanks would do that.

i feel sorry for that pitching staff, possibly the worst fielding Infield in baseball if that happens.

3b??

2b sorianto

1st giambi

SS jeter(only good one there)

Yes Jeter is still pretty good, but since he dislocated his shoulder, he really isn't the same. He hasn't had the range he used to have, since he can't extend on ground balls and make that pretty balance throw he used to. So right now He's just alittle better than average IMO.

Maybe they will go out an try and get Robin Ventura again? Robin signed for around a million didn't he? The Yanks can fit him in their payroll. Really their aren't a lot of quality starter types out there that I am aware of. Maybe they will settle for a sub.

Sheffield at 3B would make that one of the worst defensive infields of all time. Jeter is overated at SS, Soriano is horrible as is Giambi. Boone is a great thirdbaseman, I really think the Yankees are too weak defensively. Unless their pitching is lights out, the big Stein is going to be getting very angry this season.