Flights to Canada

Queen Prawn

Anyone know where a good place to go online for prices on flights to Ottawa, Ontario?

Also, do I have to have a passport or would anyone know where I would have to look to find out what I need to get into Canada and then be able to return?  :huh:

You don't need a passport, just a birth certificate and a photo ID.

Try any of the following: priceline, orbitz, travelocity.

You don't need a passport, just a birth certificate and a photo ID.

Try any of the following:  priceline, orbitz, travelocity.

Where can I get a replacement birth cert? My mom lost mine about 6 years ago...

I've tried those and have a hard time finding a flight to Ottawa. I'll try again - last time I tried was about a year ago.

Where can I get a replacement birth cert?  My mom lost mine about 6 years ago...

I've tried those and have a hard time finding a flight to Ottawa.  I'll try again - last time I tried was about a year ago.

You have to go to the actual town you were born in, they'll have it on file at city hall.

I found flights to Nova Scotia, so I can't see how it would be harder to find some to Ottawa. Maybe try AirCanada?

You have to go to the actual town you were born in, they'll have it on file at city hall.

I found flights to Nova Scotia, so I can't see how it would be harder to find some to Ottawa.  Maybe try AirCanada?

Most of the Ontario flights that I found were for Toronto.

City Hall in Chicago...ugh....I hate that place. Maybe ma found it by now...wishful thinking.

Most of the Ontario flights that I found were for Toronto.

City Hall in Chicago...ugh....I hate that place.  Maybe ma found it by now...wishful thinking.

Are you sure you were physically born in Chicago? I ask because I always thought because my parents lived in Chicago, that was the city of record for my birth. However, because the actual hospital where my mom pushed me out was in Evergreen Park, I had to go to E.P. to get my birth certificate.

You might have to do a connecting flight--Ottawa probably does not have an International Airport.

Stay the hell away from the Montreal airport though. Place sucks donkey balls.

Are you sure you were physically born in Chicago?  I ask because I always thought because my parents lived in Chicago, that was the city of record for my birth.  However, because the actual hospital where my mom pushed me out was in Evergreen Park, I had to go to E.P. to get my birth certificate.

I was born in Palos Heights.. had to go to the basement of the Daily Center (where the records of birth are) and get a copy. Not even PHCH could provide me with one. You got lucky!!

Are you sure you were physically born in Chicago?  I ask because I always thought because my parents lived in Chicago, that was the city of record for my birth.  However, because the actual hospital where my mom pushed me out was in Evergreen Park, I had to go to E.P. to get my birth certificate.

You might have to do a connecting flight--Ottawa probably does not have an International Airport.

Stay the hell away from the Montreal airport though.  Place sucks donkey balls.

AWESOME! I was born at Christ (Oak Lawn).

Just found a bunch of Ottawa flights on Travelocity - thanks! :lol:

This is my first vacation using an airplane since I was 3!

Ottawa has an airport (YAW or something like that) , they had direct flights from both Midway and O'Hare and some connecting flights as well.

Thanks again!

Anyone from Canada - is there anything that is must see in Ottawa - it looks like we will have a Friday to fill.

AWESOME!  I was born at Christ (Oak Lawn).

Just found a bunch of Ottawa flights on Travelocity - thanks!  :lol:

This is my first vacation using an airplane since I was 3!

Ottawa has an airport (YAW or something like that) , they had direct flights from both Midway and O'Hare and some connecting flights as well.

Thanks again!

Anyone from Canada - is there anything that is must see in Ottawa - it looks like we will have a Friday to fill.

Fan.. call and confirm. I had to get one in 2001 and I was sent downtown because the hospital no longer had the hard copy records.

Fan.. call and confirm. I had to get one in 2001 and I was sent downtown because the hospital no longer had the hard copy records.

NO, the hospital won't have it, the city hall will. Fano'14 has to head over to the Oak LAwn village hall (on 52nd avenue, I believe), they should have it there.

NO, the hospital won't have it, the city hall will.  Fano'14 has to head over to the Oak LAwn village hall (on 52nd avenue, I believe), they should have it there.

OK. Fan call to confirm. I was sent downtown.. not to Palos city hall.

Not from Canada but Ottawa has a winter carnival sometime in the winter--if that's when you're going. I would check to see if that's going on. Otherwise it's a gorgeous city!!!!

oh yeah, that's big time, ya know?

Now, dotcha know it, I do.

Actually, though, it looked so beautiful for the winter carnival--I've only been to canada in the Summer, but I saw my friends pictures--and wow. Ottawa is beautiful! And Montreal is really nice too. Let's face it, Canada is just a wonderful place. :canada

Everytime I go to Canada, I just take my drivers license. We don't fly though, so I am not sure.

We were originally going to drive, but he changed his mind for the time being. It was strange that he changed his mind since he has a fear of flying (this confuses me considering how many times he has flown before :huh: )

This might not be the place, but dang Fan, what happened to those Sens last night here in Dallas? :P

They choked in a big way! And to think that the Canes (GO CANES! :headbang :headbang :headbang ) opened the door to first place for them as well. Lalime has been off all year - not as good as he had been the last few years.

if you were born anywhere in cook county you can go to any county courtjouse and get your birth certificate..i went last month to the one in rolling meadows (i was born in the city)..the whole county is now link to one database...

the whole state might even be linked together now..its really easy to get one now

if you were born anywhere in cook county you can go to any county courtjouse and get your birth certificate..i went last month to the one in rolling meadows (i was born in the city)..the whole county is now link to one database...

the whole state might even be linked together now..its really easy to get one now

Cool - I work in Rolling Meadows so maybe I can take a ride over there at lunch.

Alas, the trip is off for this year...maybe next if there is still an NHL... :bang

If I can enter your country with a birth certificate and picture I.D. it has to be at least as easy to get into ours. Ottawa is nice but a tad pricey for my tastes. There had better be flights in being our capital and all. I really liked the museum of Civilization and I enjoyed the tour of the parliment but I had our MP tour me and got my picture taken with the Prime Minister. In the winter there is always stuff going on with the Rideau Canal. The Sens are about 40 minutes out of Ottawa which is a pain in the ass for most visitors. There is an abudance of women there given the nature of the civil service, but that won't help you much I gather. That's all I can think of off hand, but not bad for someone who live 3 days drive further away than most of you.