Hating Oprah

BrandoFan

I think I apply my hatred-by-association theory to Oprah, like I do with the Grateful Dead.  I don't really hate Oprah herself all that much (same goes for the GD) but the amount of hatred I have for the followers of said entertainment icons spills over to the degree that I develop a small amount of hatred towards the icons themselves. 

The Oprah Book Club?  Dr. Phil?  Give me a f***ing break.  These stupid women that rely on talk show hosts and unlicensed self-help gurus to guide their lives need to get a clue.  How about actually utilizing your brain, rather than let the Oxygen channel tell you what to think, what to read, etc.  These cheeba monkeys that think Oprah is the all-knowing, all-empathetic uber-goddess need to have a reality milkshake and realize that she is nothing more than a newscaster from Baltimore that took a better paying job in Chicago.  You want diet advice?  Call a f***ing nutritionist.  You want book advice?  Read the Review.  Want advice on how to start a new career?  Go to the goddamned local college, do some research, and figure it out for yourself. 

I don't know when common sense became on-high knowledge, but it probably occured around the same time that people came to expect praise simply for doing their job right.

So you hate Oprah(and apparently the Grateful Dead) for the same reasons many of us hate the Cubs? Because your feelings of dislike towards those people is the same feeling I get when I think about the Cubs.

So you hate Oprah(and apparently the Grateful Dead) for the same reasons many of us hate the Cubs?  Because your feelings of dislike towards those people is the same feeling I get when I think about the Cubs.

I personally hate the Cubs because:

-I just happen to

-I want to

-It's fun

-I am a true Sox fan-- it's a Montesque-Capuletti thang people outside of Chicago wouldn't understand.

I personally hate the Cubs because:

-I just happen to

-I want to

-It's fun

-I am a true Sox fan--  it's a Montesque-Capuletti thang people outside of Chicago wouldn't understand.

Me too.

The main reason I hate the Cubs is because of their fans though. Arrogant jackasses.

Speaking of that fun part, I don't think I had any more fun ever then watching their blowup in the NLCS. That was the most fun I've ever had watching baseball, bar none.

Speaking of that fun part, I don't think I had any more fun ever then watching their blowup in the NLCS. That was the most fun I've ever had watching baseball, bar none.

Oh, that surreal meltdown was DIVINE.

I almost went crazy when their pinch-hitter split the gap against Farny and then again next day when Conine made the final out......Our neighbors were freaked out. I was truly happy, the amount of partying that week mysteriously tripled . :bang

In fact, one of the reasons I came back to this board a few weeks later-- I don't think I could have ever cared about baseball as much had the Evil Empire made it to the Series, let alone won it.