Dodger's Sale Approved

SkokieSox

I wish Reinsdorf made a deal with McCourt that we would get a Jackson or Miller for Konerko if he approved him as the new owner.

Reinsdorf was on Selig's committee who decided on whether McCourt should be recommended.

SB

that would be illegal

lol

I did not think I needed to preface that it would be illegal, which it would be.

Thats why its a "wish" and not "hope".

Although there is always plenty of talk about illegal things going on in baseball.

I mean it is illegal to use steriods in the United States, yet baseball players who are caught are just warned.

I bet there are some wink and nod deals out there, just no one would ever admit to it.

And your a Michigan man, its illegal for college basketball players to take money, that does not mean they wont do it.

SB

I agree, this is a shame. Baseball is selling out on all accounts.

We can't lose the great Rupert Murdoch baseball tradition now!!! He's done so much for the Dodgers in his endless five and a half years of ownership. Who can forget that great playoff run they had in...well...never. But at least we can count on his legacy as one of the great owners of all time lasting forever.

Oh wait...no we can't. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be condescending but who gives a s*** whether it's one uncaring billionaire or another owning the Dodgers. McCourt won't be any worse than Murdoch. Maybe baseball sold out when the O'Malleys sold the Dodgers, but it's ridiculous to talk like baseball is losing a revered founder of the game, or something like that.

This is one of the worse owners to enter the game, imo.  He will absolutely destroy the dodgers.  The owners are making a huge mistake.

"The sale will not go through. Eli Broad will buy the team and Peter O'Malley will become the teams new president.

Broad has the money and is a multi-billionarie. When you add the fact that O'Malley would be one of the minority investors and there is no chance the McCourt deal goes down. "

care to make a prediction on the super bowl, i think i'll put a boatload on the other team. :bang

sorry, i must have too much time on my hands. :cheers

This is one of the worse owners to enter the game, imo.  He will absolutely destroy the dodgers.  The owners are making a huge mistake.

Think about it. Of course the owners want someone whose financing is questionable. It increases the chances that he isn't going to go crazy like Moreno with the Angels. It just makes them have to pay more. I agree with you, I don't think this is good for Dodger fans. I'm shocked they passed this with Broad and O'Malley waiting in the wings.

And your a Michigan man, its illegal for college basketball players to take money, that does not mean they wont do it.

A "Michigan man" would have written

And you're a Michigan man; its illegal for college basketball players to take money, yet that does not mean they won't do it.

And yes, that is illegal, it happens, and when it happens at Michigan, we fire the coaches and ADs involved and self-report to the NCAA. It never should have happened and that the program was out of control is of great concern and embarrassment. One can say about that all one will. It will not be allowed to happen again. It never should have happened. Chris Webber will never be welcome back at UM and he should thank his whatever it is he thanks that Ed Martin died before the trial.

The analogy to 'ok, lets do it in baseball' fails, because stuff like this always outs.

"The sale will not go through. Eli Broad will buy the team and Peter O'Malley will become the teams new president.

Broad has the money and is a multi-billionarie. When you add the fact that O'Malley would be one of the minority investors and there is no chance the McCourt deal goes down. "

care to make a prediction on the super bowl, i think i'll put a boatload on the other team. :bang

sorry, i must have too much time on my hands.  :cheers

LMAO...well if things go right the Patriots (My Preseason Pick) will win it all :headbang

I still think the owners are morons for accepting McCourts bid.

The impression I got was that this guy was buying the team to knock down the stadium and develop the land?????

Kind of like using Wrigley Field for the prime real estate.

Thats why the Dodgesr are such a bargain. You could buy the team, move them downtown in a few years with a publicly financed stadium and then he owns all that land, which is worth a few hundred million bucks and he's essentially paid for the Dodgers right there.

Thats why I would of bought the Dodgers.

I just read a couple of articles out of LA. It appears that McCourt will move quickly and the probabilities are that Evans is on the verge of becoming history. McCourt wants some offense and he wants it now. Rumor has it that he will talk to Pat Gillick about the GM job. The A's have said they will not give LA permission to talk to Billy Beane, so that appears to be a dead issue. We might end up with a couple of those prospects for Maggs after all.

I must not know anything about this, but why is it so bad for the Dodgers that this guy owns the team?

Because he doesn't have the cash to run a club. He has one piece of land that he bought for a million bucks which he has been in legal fights over since then.

If he was a sucessful businessman who built it, I'd say different and he could prove me wrong, but I just don't think he really wants it.

Hiring Gillick would be a step in the right direction though, although I believe he is also motivated by the land that he gets with this deal. To me thats what makes the Dodgers an absolute steal.

Because he doesn't have the cash to run a club.  He has one piece of land that he bought for a million bucks which he has been in legal fights over since then. 

If he was a sucessful businessman who built it, I'd say different and he could prove me wrong, but I just don't think he really wants it.

Hiring Gillick would be a step in the right direction though, although I believe he is also motivated by the land that he gets with this deal.  To me thats what makes the Dodgers an absolute steal.

I know I am in the Minority here, but he should not get rid of Evans.... They have cleared a ton of payroll and now, with ownership finalized, should have the flexibility to make some additions.

If they fire Evans, whoever takes over will be in a good position for this club to succeed. Their organization is much better than it was 4-5 years ago. They have finally found some continuity after Murdoch started getting rid of everyone "Dodger" and their farm system is better than it has been since the early 80's.

This club is two years away from being very dangerous and being back to the Dodgers of old.