Free Agents Remaining

jasonxctf

Remaining free agents:

American League

Team Players

Eric Owens of.

Albert Belle, of; Hector Carrasco, rhp; Scott Erickson, rhp.

John Burkett, rhp.

Ellis Burks, dh; Terry Mulholland, lhp.

Matt Walbeck, c.

Graeme Lloyd, lhp; Tom Prince, c; Jamey Wright, rhp.

Antonio Osuna, rhp.

John Mabry, of; Mark McLemore, inf/of.

Travis Lee, 1b; Al Martin, dh.

Mike Bordick, ss.

National League

Team Players

Mark Grace, 1b; Raul Mondesi, of.

Darren Holmes, rhp; Greg Maddux, rhp.

Mark Guthrie, lhp; Eric Karros, 1b; Troy O'Leary, of.

Ivan Rodriguez, c; Ugueth Urbina, rhp.

Orlando Merced, of; Brian Moehler, rhp; Ron Villone, lhp.

Andy Ashby, rhp; Ron Coomer, 1b; Rickey Henderson, of; Fred McGriff, 1b.

Wil Cordero, 1b; Jose Mercedes, rhp.

Pedro Astacio, rhp; Jay Bell, 2b.

Jose Mesa, rhp; Dan Plesac, lhp.

Pat Meares, 2b; Jeff Reboulet, 2b.

Joe Girardi, c; Lance Painter, rhp; Russ Springer, rhp; Garrett Stephenson, rhp.

Andres Galarraga, 1b.

Mabry is a lefthander.

Also, Raul Mondesi interests me a bit. I wonder if he could play CF, surely better than Everett, and I know he as a rocket launcher of a right arm. I bet that when he is signed it will be for no more 2 million a year. I would like to see him in Tuscon next month.

Mabry is a lefthander.   

Also, Raul Mondesi interests me a bit. I wonder if he could play CF, surely better than Everett, and I know he as a rocket launcher of a right arm.  I bet that when he is signed it will be for no more 2 million a year. I would like to see him in Tuscon next month.

Please no. Don't put him in CF. Leave him where he is at and lets see what ARow can do.

Mondesi is a Cancer and is lazy as all hell. Stay Far away from Him. Mabry could help and so could Owens

When Mondasi first got to Toronto he was a fan favorite for hustling his ass off, a new team could revitalize him. He was a nobody on the Yankmees.

When Mondasi first got to Toronto he was a fan favorite for hustling his ass off, a new team could revitalize him.  He was a nobody on the Yankmees.

If a guy is more concerned about his "star status" than he is about the team and winning then just leave him in perpetual free agnecy for all I care. I'd rather not have him.

Astacio, Osuna and Pat Mears.  Should the earlier deal of Valentin go through (see Valentin to Angels,) we would need a utility guy.  Mears is the same as Graffanino.

Holy s***! I didn't realize that Pat Meares was still hanging around. http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/ml...playerID=118897

Wait a minute, I was right, he is no longer hanging around. Pat Meares and his .299 OBP and his .966 fielding percentage can go sit on a pitchfork.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/searchPlayerSearchServlet

According to mlb.com, Jay Bell is no longer a player in the MLB. He is probably home sitting on a pin cushion.

Edit: Upon checking, espn.com reports the same. I never heard that he retired, but then again, I haven't really heard about him since his big year with AZ in 99 or 00.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/searchPlayerSearchServlet

According to mlb.com, Jay Bell is no longer a player in the MLB. He is probably home sitting on a pin cushion.

Edit: Upon checking, espn.com reports the same.    I never heard that he retired, but then again, I haven't really heard about him since his big year with AZ in 99 or 00.

Jay bell's last big year was in the early 90's. :bang He's done!

I would like to see us sign Albert Belle to a minor-league deal.

He probably feels as though he has something to prove to all of us who doubted him and rode his ass back in the day.

Plus, he would be a real "hip" player to have on the Sox. :lolhitting :cheers

I know, but I've got to give the poor guy some credit.  Either way, I'm sure he has played his last game in the Bigs, along with Pat Meares.

I don't think any positional help is coming from the free agant wire, or pitching help for that matter.