Off to NY

Soxy

Okay, well, tomorrow I take my final and leave for home. Then I am flying out to New York until Tuesday. Cross your fingers for me--I got an interview with a grad school. They bought me a plane ticket--but I have 2 full days of interviewing. So--keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully it'll work out--it's a position I want with a nice assistantship and teaching/research combo...So, think warm fuzzy thoughts for me this weekend and next week!!!! Insert nervous scared face here.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well, tomorrow I take my final and leave for home. Then I am flying out to New York until Tuesday. Cross your fingers for me--I got an interview with a grad school. They bought me a plane ticket--but I have 2 full days of interviewing. So--keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully it'll work out--it's a position I want with a nice assistantship and teaching/research combo...So, think warm fuzzy thoughts for me this weekend and next week!!!! Insert nervous scared face here.

Good luck!

What field are you in if I may be so inquisitive?

Just an update: I had a lovely time visiting upstate New York and the university there...My interviews were long, but not too stressful. (Calling them interviews were even a little bit of a stretch, but I did have them with 7 seperate faculty members--one was out sick.) The lady whose lab I was applying for was GREAT, and the people (faculty and other grad students were amazing too). So I was really hoping to get in (plus they fully fund their students--so that would be nice).

And when I got home I already had the offer for the program. So...it looks like I'll be going to New York State for my PhD next year! And, let me say I am very,very, very excited and happy about it--because this was the lab I most wanted to work in. Hurray!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! And don't worry Brando I was too tired to misbehave. :rolleyes:

Just an update: I had a lovely time visiting upstate New York and the university there...My interviews were long, but not too stressful. (Calling them interviews were even a little bit of a stretch, but I did have them with 7 seperate faculty members--one was out sick.) The lady whose lab I was applying for was GREAT, and the people (faculty and other grad students were amazing too). So I was really hoping to get in (plus they fully fund their students--so that would be nice).

And when I got home I already had the offer for the program. So...it looks like I'll be going to New York State for my PhD next year! And, let me say I am  very,very, very excited and happy about it--because this was the lab I most wanted to work in. Hurray!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! And don't worry Brando I was too tired to misbehave.  :rolleyes:

Big congrads, I expected nothing less of you, Soxy. :snr

It sounds weird that you'll be working on a Ph.D and you're MY age....and I don't even have a HS diploma! :bang :angry:

And when I got home I already had the offer for the program. So...it looks like I'll be going to New York State for my PhD next year! And, let me say I am  very,very, very excited and happy about it--because this was the lab I most wanted to work in. Hurray!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! And don't worry Brando I was too tired to misbehave.  :rolleyes:

may i ask what university? i live in upstate new york so i'm curious

Big congrads, I expected nothing less of you, Soxy. :snr

It sounds weird that you'll be working on a Ph.D and you're MY age....and I don't even have a HS diploma!    :bang    :angry:

Wow how old are you guys, I don't technically have a HS diploma, but I don't know any of my friends who are nearing thieir PHD.

Wow how old are you guys, I don't technically have a HS diploma, but I don't know any of my friends who are nearing thieir PHD.

I'm still only 18. Just finished my high school diploma if that's what ya want to call it, and I'll be findin out tomorrow which Uni subject I will be doin.