What was with Chicago Expressways today?!

Queen Prawn

Multiple accidents on I-290 (both ways, one fatal), multiple accidents on I-55, the Elgin-O'Hare, and the Kennedy (and likely more that I didn't hear about).

:huh I don't know if it was that there were lots of black ice out there or careless drivers :stick or a combination of the two, but damn that's a lot of accidents! :banghead

I only heard the traffic report, but it sounded scary.  Kennedy was shut down for a while, and I thought I heard that a wire was down on the electric line too, which was causing some big delays.

Thank God I took today off :)

The Ike (I-290) was shut down between 83 and York road from about 4:45 this morning until about 8AM - that's were the fatality was that I mentioned. The outbound Ike was jammed from 83 to Thorndale because of a 3 car wreck (that wrecked a nice Mustang) at the Thorndale off ramp. The outbound delays caused me to be about 15 minutes late to work today (took 1 3/4 hrs to get to work today and 2 hrs to get home last night...ugh).

:huh I don't know if it was that there were lots of black guys out there or careless drivers :stick  or a combination of the two, but damn that's a lot of accidents! :banghead

wow fanof14, what's with the racism?? hehehe...jk

"black ice" does sound like "black guys." both of which get a bad rap ALL THE TIME.

"Same with Black olives...which get locked in a can, unlike the regular olives, which get a jar. Or how about the colored rice? why is it called wild?? versus the "white" rice. and don't even get me started on cocoa puffs....why do you have to be coo-coo for them??

I think they're trying to tell us that we're wild, we're crazy, and we need to be locked up."

Another big accident just occured:

Tri-State Tollway, Northbound

Accident

approaching I-190 - accident blocking All lanes / only shoulder gets by - ambulance, fire department, police on the scene - involving 6 cars with injuries

There was another accident on I-55 near Caton Farm Road (south of Bollingbrook) that needed a helicopter and had I-55 shut down in both directions for a while there.

Are there any delays on the Eisenhower?  At 12:25 I take a Pace Bus  that travels on that expressway. Probably wont ride it if there is; In oct. there was a huge 45 minute delay because of an accident

According to NBC5.com's traffic site, there shows no delays, but police are still investigating the earlier accident that snarled the morning rush,

Snow+Ice+Sub zero temperatures+s*** drivers that don't slow down in mentioned conditions=CRASHES.

Cars crash. There is no such thing as cars having an "accident." Someone is always at fault. No "accident" in that. People that don't slow down in above stated conditons should be strung up by their nuts or beaten by police when cops arrive on scene.