Any US Constitution experts in here?

YASNY

Hypothetical question here. If Bill Clinton, now that he has been out of office as president for a term, decided to run for office again, could he do so? I guess the question is, Is the limit two terms period, or two consecutive terms as president?

Also, could the Democratic nominee name Bill Clinton as his running mate?

He can't run for president again.  It's 2 terms period.

btw, it would have taken you 5 seconds to look this up online

Actually no. The 22 Amendment covers this. It is two terms _ or _ 10 years. If, for example, a VP assumes the Presidency with less than two years remaining, he can complete that term and be elected to two more. 10 Years is more the deciding factors than how many terms.

Interestingly both Reagan and Clinton has proposed changing this to two consecutive terms, leaving open the possibility of someone being elected when they are in their 40s or 50s and perhaps again later. Neat to think of Ron and Bill agreeing on something.

Hypothetical question here.  If Bill Clinton, now that he has been out of office as president for a term, decided to run for office again, could he do so?  I guess the question is, Is the limit two terms period, or two consecutive terms as president?

Also, could the Democratic nominee name Bill Clinton as his running mate?

no

a president can serve two terns and less than one-half of term in which the president succeeded to the office by the vacancy in the presidency; serve more than one-half of a term, and that same person can only be elected once

yes

Clinton could be vice president for two terms

no

a president can serve two terns and less than one-half of term in which the president succeeded to the office by the vacancy in the presidency; serve more than one-half of a term, and that same person can only be elected once

yes

Kerry and Clinton on the same ticket :puke

no

yes

so if clinton was VP and something happened to kerry (if they somehow manged to actually get elected :D ) then clinton could be president for 2 years and if his term wasnt up , then his VP would take over the remainder of the term????

i got that right??? :cheers

so if clinton was VP and something happened to kerry (if they somehow manged to actually get elected :D ) then clinton could be president for 2 years and if his term wasnt up , then his VP would take over the remainder of the term????

i got that right??? :cheers

that is a contingency that no one thought of, I guess -

not that Clinton or any president would run for vice president - but with no constitutional issues Clinton could succeed for less than one term