Heather!!!

LDF

or anyone who post on the hawks site, there is an article from Jim Keper on a slant i been yelling about. however he did it with the blawkhawks attendence vs money being brought in.

so my question to you, b/c you are a mod there, can you have him do one on the sox? he has a degree on stats and it would be interesting to see what he comes up with.

ok.

or anyone who post on the hawks site, there is an article from Jim Keper on a slant i been yelling about. however he did it with the blawkhawks attendence vs money being brought in.

so my question to you, b/c you are a mod there, can you have him do one on the sox? he has a degree on stats and it would be interesting to see what he comes up with.

ok.

actually just go by what KW said and you can see thet the sox have been raking it in for years..in 01 KW said the sox lost 7 millions dollars...i find that hard to believe but if thats true then they made a killing in '00...

the payroll in '01 was 62 million...in 00 it was just over 30 million...32 million minus 7 million and the sox are already 25 million in the black before any cost of living increase is figured in on all their other contracts with vendors and crap like that...plus attendance was up 200k in '00 and we had 2 playoff games whith almsot another 100k so we add to that all the revenue from an extra 300k and the sox bring in atleast another 10 million..so now we are up to 35 million...thats including all the fancy shmancy accounting that JR pays those guys the big bucks for....more than likely you would double that amount to 70 million if we wanted to be realisitic...the sox get 30 million right off the bat for tv revenue..figure in mlb sales and the real numbers must be staggering...

so by KW's own words..even if the sox took a small bath in '01 they made such a killing in '00 that they sure could have put away some of that money in interest bearing accounts to pay for a rainy day (or year)...

there has never been a reason for JR , KW or anyone else to cry poor here..last year ESPN did a financial evaluation of all mlb teams..they listed the bottom ten in terms of who was the least solvent franchises...the sox didnt make the list...if they posted the whole list my guess is the sox would be somewhere in the top 3rd...around 7 -10 maybe...the team isnt even up for sale and JR has atleast one fair offer on the table, probably more..this team is a goldmine

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok.

actually just go by what KW said and you can see thet the sox have been raking it in for years..in 01 KW said the sox lost 7 millions dollars...i find that hard to believe but if thats true then they made a killing in '00...

the payroll in '01 was 62 million...in 00 it was just over 30 million...32 million minus 7 million and the sox are already 25 million in the black before any cost of living increase is figured in on all their other contracts with vendors and crap like that...plus attendance was up 200k in '00 and we had 2 playoff games whith almsot another 100k so we add to that all the revenue from an extra 300k and the sox bring in atleast another 10 million..so now we are up to 35 million...thats including all the fancy shmancy accounting that JR pays those guys the big bucks for....more than likely you would double that amount to 70 million if we wanted to be realisitic...the sox get 30 million right off the bat for tv revenue..figure in mlb sales and the real numbers must be staggering...

so by KW's own words..even if the sox took a small bath in '01 they made such a killing in '00 that they sure could have put away some of that money in interest bearing accounts to pay for a rainy day (or year)...

there has never been a reason for JR , KW or anyone else to cry poor here..last year ESPN did a financial evaluation of all mlb teams..they listed the bottom ten in terms of who was the least solvent franchises...the sox didnt make the list...if they posted the whole list my guess is the sox would be somewhere in the top 3rd...around 7 -10 maybe...the team isnt even up for sale and JR has atleast one fair offer on the table, probably more..this team is a goldmine

lol kw cant find any money cause he keeps foregetting he sent some with guys like durham,howery,wells/lowe/fogg, and everyone else hes traded or given away.............no wonder he thinks he is in the red still...........

about the minor leagues. are they in the equation?

from my understanding from what ive read is the major league teams pays the players bonuses..the salaries are paid for by the minor league teams..unless the player has a special contract with the parent club...then the difference is paid for by them...the salaries are all set at a certain level..anything over that is pick up by the parent club....most parent clubs do subsidize some of the operating expenditures for their farm clubs i believe...i believe the parent club picks up travel expenses when a player is moved from one team within the org to another...HSC can confirm or deny this and id bow to her better judgement as im going from memory on an article i read in SI about 10 maybe 15 years ago.,..things might have changed alot since then too

about the minor leagues. are they in the equation?

from my understanding from what ive read is the major league teams pays the players bonuses..the salaries are paid for by the minor league teams..unless the player has a special contract with the parent club...then the difference is paid for by them...the salaries are all set at a certain level..anything over that is pick up by the parent club....most parent clubs do subsidize some of the operating expenditures for their farm clubs i believe...i believe the parent club picks up travel expenses when a player is moved from one team within the org to another...HSC can confirm or deny this and id bow to her better judgement as im going from memory on an article i read in SI about 10 maybe 15 years ago.,..things might have changed alot since then too

so what kind of numbers do you have, i was lost. what is the bottom line?