Thomas looking for hits

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances of people listening to you when you tell them they have to play better get a lot worse when you are hitting .250 and grounding into double plays every other at bat. That being said, I agree that Paulie will be better this year.

Shut up butters you'll speak when spoken too. :D

I don't get it.

When Frank was seen at the ultimate fighting arena, when the comment was made that it would get him ready for the locker room, I believe that with the Jose, Ozzie, Paul, Kenny wars, that what Frank sees at the fights is what he'll have to study and be prepared for when he comes home to Chicago! I believe that's what CWSOX's quote was getting at!

Chances of people listening to you when you tell them they have to play better get a lot worse when you are hitting .250 and grounding into double plays every other at bat. That being said, I agree that Paulie will be better this year.

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he batted .267 and RARELY hit into double plays (or even groundouts for that matter). What made the difference is Frank was every definition of the word clutch.

I wouldn't count out Frank and Konerko having great years :headbang

Roof, Green means its sarcstic, so he got it, he was just trying to make a joke. Just keep it in mind cause green comes up alot on this site. :D

Thanks! I guess that's what me being a rookie is all about!! I think I am entitled to at least one of these..............D-UH!!!!!!!

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he batted .267 and RARELY hit into double plays (or even groundouts for that matter).  What made the difference is Frank was every definition of the word clutch.

I wouldn't count out Frank and Konerko having great years  :headbang

what about the Twins series in the dome where we got swept, where was frank then?

OK. The White Sox just hired a new manager. This new manager seems to want to coach in a totally different style than the previous manager. Maybe Kenny needs to know how he feels about this. If he wants to play 1B more often. If he is on board with how the team is going. I think Kenny should know these things before spring trainging starts to see what pieces he needs. Maybe he has to trade Frank if he isn't ok with the direction of the team. I think if Frank had just returned Ozzie's phone calls then Kenny would have not been involved. Just my opinion but I don't hink he would have. I also think you are speculating a little bit that Frank hates Kenny and Kenny hates Frank.

its pretty obvious that there is no respect between frank and kenny...so its probably better they dont talk..

any correspondance that kenny has to get to frank can be delivered through his agent....if kenny really needed to get a hold of frank he could do it that way...he probably should do it that way..be better for all involved

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he batted .267 and RARELY hit into double plays (or even groundouts for that matter).  What made the difference is Frank was every definition of the word clutch.

I wouldn't count out Frank and Konerko having great years  :headbang

Actually he hit .234. I was talking about Konerko and not Frank. In my opinion Frank had a great year last year. Yes, his BA wasn't as high as he is used to, but he carried us for a good period last year.

I just wish we would impose a code of silence on Frank until Spring Training.

When he wants to talk, we can start to talk about him.

Until then, there's nothing to talk about.

Let the man live his life and get ready for the season.

See you in the spring Franky.

what about the Twins series in the dome where we got swept, where was frank then?

Obviously he didn't show up.....along with the entire team. But the times Frank did pull through is when nobody was doing s***. When Loaiza lost two games against the Twins down the stretch did you automatically consider his season a failure? Because Frank did nothing in one series doesn't change my view on the value he brought to this team. When I say "value" I'm not just talking about walk-off home runs: Thomas was near the top of the league in walks. He gets on base, not his fault if nobody could drive him in.

There is not one person on tghis site that has even the vaguest idea what Frank Thomas is thinking. This should be a non-issue, but the press loves to stir the s***, as we have seen with their reporting from the Q&A sessions and the way they either misqouted, misrepresented by selectively quoting and exaggerated what really happened there. Steph and others have been victims of this, and it's real easy to see how Ozzie, KW and anyone else that talks to the media can be misrepresented.

Whatever it takes to sell papers, Yas. That's a pathetic statement and mentality, but like you said, the press just LOVES controversy and stirring the s***.

If Frank Thomas shows up to Spring Training in shape, doesn't pout or complain, and hits 35+ HR and 100+ RBI, I could give a rat's ass WHAT he's doing in Las Vegas.

After all, "what goes on in Vegas stays there." Frank's just trying to keep that statement true. :P

When I opened this topic, it was because of the fact that Frank could be seen in the spotlight, but can't contact his bosses. I understand (hopefully) that we all work, and don't want to be bothered during the off season or on vacation. My point is, at 6M a year for working from March until September, a million a month, if I was making that, whether I was on vacation or not, if my bosses were trying to reach me, I would be damn sure to return a telephone call, out of respect for them paying me so much money. Frank is the one that causes his own controversy, he has a big mouth, and doesn't think before he opens it, most of the time. Its my opinion that whether its Reinsdorf, Williams or Guillen trying to reach Frank, they deserve a return telephone call, and it doesn't make it right that Mags doesn't return calls either.

My point is, at 6M a year for working from March until September, a million a month, if I was making that, whether I was on vacation or not, if my bosses were trying to reach me, I would be damn sure to return a telephone call, out of respect for them paying me so much money.

Baseball (and all pro sports) these days is a 12 month job, Frank isn't on vacation, he is working out as part of his job. When that much money rides on your body, you got to be in shape.

If I were making $6 million a year I wouldn't return phone calls either. Hell, I don't return phone calls now. That is why I have caller ID and an answering machine. Saves a lot of grief to be not home for certain calls! It would take at least a candy gram to get me to consider responding! :lol:

That is why I have caller ID and an answering machine.  Saves a lot of grief to be not home for certain calls! It would take at least a candy gram to get me to consider responding!  :lol:

No kidding!

Another way to get rid of those annoying telemarketers is have your phone unhooked for about 2 or 3 months. Another way is to set your answering machine to ring 6 times before clicking over to record a message. Since we've plugged the phone back in after the rebuilding/remodeling, we've yet to have one call.

In all seriousness, I really wish Thomas would have answered so it would be settled (in some way) before ST. Somebody needs to be the adult in this situation. I will give the admin credit that they were trying to make amends, even if they screwed that up by responding to the question with something other than 'No Comment.' If they answered 'No Comment,' I'll bet the media in this town would have decided that meant Thomas wasn't answering anyway. Ce la vie.

back to the working out all year thing -

last night I was really pushing myself at the gym including a half hour of high cardio and medium weights simultaneously and as I was moving into the 3rd hour and wanted to stop, I started think of Aaron Rowand's workout routine and especially the part where he does the crunches and catches/throws the weighted ball at the same time and somehow Aaron inspired me to keep going. Since I also did about 20 minutes of lunges with weights I was thinking about Kelly Wunsch's lunge routines - I am going to try that the rest of winter, using their off season workout stuff for inspiration as well as ideas for some different moves for me to do

When I opened this topic, it was because of the fact that Frank could be seen in the spotlight, but can't contact his bosses. I understand (hopefully) that we all work, and don't want to be bothered during the off season or on vacation. My point is, at 6M a year for working from March until September, a million a month, if I was making that, whether I was on vacation or not, if my bosses were trying to reach me, I would be damn sure to return a telephone call, out of respect for them paying me so much money. Frank is the one that causes his own controversy, he has a big mouth, and doesn't think before he opens it, most of the time. Its my opinion that whether its Reinsdorf, Williams or Guillen trying to reach Frank, they deserve a return telephone call, and it doesn't make it right that Mags doesn't return calls either.

If you had a gauranteed contract, you might let a chip sit on your shoulder for awhile. This will all be worked out in a few weeks. Or.... Frank will be traded to LA. KW said Maggs and Lee aren't going anywhere. Frank and PK were conspicuous by thier absence in that comment.

If you had a gauranteed contract, you might let a chip sit on your shoulder for awhile.  This will all be worked out in a few weeks. Or.... Frank will be traded to LA.  KW said Maggs and Lee aren't going anywhere.  Frank and PK were conspicuous by thier absence in that comment.

from what I understand Konerko would have been at Soxfest but he was still on his honeymoon.

And as to Frank and Pauly being trade bait... Lee and Maggs were answers to a question specifically asking about CLee and Maggs. No one asked about PK or Frank.

I would be careful not to read into this anymore than necesary.

from what I understand Konerko would have been at Soxfest but he was still on his honeymoon. 

And as to Frank and Pauly being trade bait... Lee and Maggs were answers to a question specifically asking about CLee and Maggs.  No one asked about PK or Frank. 

I would be careful not to read into this anymore than necesary.

That's funny. This is the same argument I used as to why Ozzie mentioned Frank. He was specifically asked about Frank. Then he talked about him. He didn't single him out. Just as Maggs and CLee are not being singled out here. He was simply asked a question about Maggs and CLee and not about Frank and Konerko. Do you see how things can be blown out of proportion or interpreted the wrong way, usually the way the media would like to interpret it.

That's funny. This is the same argument I used as to why Ozzie mentioned Frank. He was specifically asked about Frank. Then he talked about him. He didn't single him out. Just as Maggs and CLee are not being singled out here. He was simply asked a question about Maggs and CLee and not about Frank and Konerko. Do you see how things can be blown out of proportion or interpreted the wrong way, usually the way the media would like to interpret it.

Ozzies words were basically"all 25 guys, including Frank" That is calling someone out. There isn't much interpretation to do there.

Ozzies words were basically"all 25 guys, including Frank"  That is calling someone out. There isn't much interpretation to do there.

Hmm, he was asked specifically about Frank in the question. The reporter asked specifically about Frank. Not about everyone else. Ozzie then went on to say this is not just for Frank, but the whole team. Putting it that way is way different than stating "all 25 guys and Frank," which is the way you put it. If there is not much interpretation to it, then why do people seem to be interpreting it different ways?

Hmm, he was asked specifically about Frank in the question. The reporter asked specifically about Frank. Not about everyone else. Ozzie then went on to say this is not just for Frank, but the whole team. Putting it that way is way different than stating "all 25 guys and Frank," which is the way you put it. If there is not much interpretation to it, then why do people seem to be interpreting it different ways?

Find me the quote from the PC.