What is wrong with the world?

Cali

When "You Got Served" is #1 in the box office?!?! I know it's the dead time of year for the studio's, but come on. Where the hell are you Lord of the Rings geeks? Couldn't you have seen the movie another time this weekend. It did only make $16 mil, which is s*** so I'm not mad about that. I know that brando likes to see bad movies for whatever reason, so I understand if he put any money into their $16 mil.

I would love to see how many outtakes there are of that white guy with the spikey hair saying "You sucka's got served" and bursting into laughter and the pure absurtity of that line.

When "You Got Served" is #1 in the box office?!?! I know it's the dead time of year for the studio's, but come on. Where the hell are you Lord of the Rings geeks? Couldn't you have seen the movie another time this weekend. It did only make $16 mil, which is s*** so I'm not mad about that. I know that brando likes to see bad movies for whatever reason, so I understand if he put any money into their $16 mil.

I would love to see how many outtakes there are of that white guy with the spikey hair saying "You sucka's got served" and bursting into laughter and the pure absurtity of that line.

i' have never heard of "you got served"... are you being served is an old british comedy... the former sounds like a new american tragedy.

When "You Got Served" is #1 in the box office?!?! I know it's the dead time of year for the studio's, but come on. Where the hell are you Lord of the Rings geeks? Couldn't you have seen the movie another time this weekend.

Hey, cool down! :lol:

I did see LOTR-ROTK again, again, again this last weekend - as long as it is playing in a theatre and my grandson has an opinion, I will see that movie again and again and again -- :lol:

fortunately I like it better each time

saw a great movie on DVD this weekend - Whale Rider - with Keisha Castle Hughes who at 13 was nominated for best actress - that is one sweet movie

When i saw that trailer, I thought "I will lose all respect for anyone that sees that movie." It is quite possibly the dumest concept for a movie in a long time. But hey, some people NEED to go see a movie every weekend, and well some of them aren't the brightest.

Everyone should have gone and seen the re-release of Mystic River.  It's a wonderful movie.  It actually made more this weekend than last, must have somthing to do with all the awards its getting and getting nominated for.

I hated the ending of Mystic River

I agree it is a great piece of film making and the ending may be reality but I hated it

I know that brando likes to see bad movies for whatever reason, so I understand if he put any money into their $16 mil.

I am sorry, but that's blasphemy.

Me and my friends love watching Showgirls-like so-bad-its-good flicks and have fun doing it, it's true. One of life's best pleasures. :headbang

And yes I did laugh at the hilarious White boy saying "You suchas got sErved!" in the promos.....But it's totally not worth it. Absolutely no reasons to see it and I am pretty busy anyway. It's so-bad-its-boring category.

And what's up with you flipping out at all the wrong moment, Cali? I mean, the technically excellent Lord of the Rings Trilogy (if appreciating the seamless production of a work by the most prolific fantasy writers/medieval scholar makes me a geek, then hear me motherf***ing roar!) is not exactly the worst candidate for Best Picture considering both Chicago and Beautiful Minds are mediocre and manipulative as they come.......And where was the outrage when Scary Movie 3 and Texas Chainsacre: Redux both KILLED at the BoxOffice few months ago, rossing more than 3 times what Got Served did? Common....when I opened the thread I thought it was about terrorists blowing up a plane or something!

Besides, you KNOW January is usually one of the months when the already weak movie industry dumps its CLUNKERS-- competition is WEAK as hell and people gotta see SOMETHING, right? I mean, my local cineplex, for exmple, does NOT have Mystic River or Angels in America or Lost IN Translation.....but guess what it DOES have? :bang

Suggestion: don't take Box office/ billboard/ grammys/ golden globes so SERIOUSLY or you'll be VERY dissapointed because they are only 40% about merit and 60% about money/popularity. Such is life.

I agree ending was a little weak, but i did not hate it.  I loved it!

Mystic River is NOT = whodunit.

Ending twist was telegraphed earlier in the movie, sure...but in movies like that plot doesn't concern me that much.

People hated Adaptation and Magnolia endings but I didn't mind.

Mystic River is NOT = whodunit.

Ending twist was telegraphed earlier in the movie, sure...but in movies like that plot doesn't concern me that much.

People hated Adaptation and  Magnolia endings but I didn't mind.

where was it telegraphed? I missed it -

reason I hated the ending was because now another little boy was a victim - his father killed and the kid having no idea why his father never came home - Marcia Gay Hardin's portrayal in the last scene of a woman looking for her husband was heart breaking (good acting)