Jose Cruz

Jim Fainter

Cruz is holding out for $4 Large?????????? What is his agent drinking? Please Kenny, don't fall into this trap. I would rather see Frank Thomas in Center before we pay that underachiever that kind of money. We would be better off with Borchord in Center, even if he is not ready and hits only .200. Same with Harris.

And speaking of Centerfielders, has Aaron Rowand ever been given an IQ test? I mean, he has what, 2 years experience in the bigs with minimum success but a fair amount of promise? And he has virtually been handed the starting job in Center with a legitimate contender?? This is a hell of a career opportunity for him. And then he rides dirt bikes in Nevada in the off season instead of working out??? How dumb can you get????? Youth is no excuse for that kind of professional stupidity. If Big Frank really wants to be a leader, the first thing he should do when he arrives in ST is to beat the s*** out of Rowand, just on general principals.

Cruz is holding out for $4 Large??????????  What is his agent drinking?  Please Kenny, don't fall into this trap.  I would rather see Frank Thomas in Center before we pay that underachiever that kind of money.  We would be better off with Borchord in Center, even if he is not ready and hits only .200.  Same with Harris.

And speaking of Centerfielders, has Aaron Rowand ever been given an IQ test?  I mean, he has what, 2 years experience in the bigs with minimum success but a fair amount of promise?  And he has virtually been handed the starting job in Center with a legitimate contender??  This is a hell of a career opportunity for him.  And then he rides dirt bikes in Nevada in the off season instead of working out???  How dumb can you get?????  Youth is no excuse for that kind of professional stupidity.  If Big Frank really wants to be a leader, the first thing he should do when he arrives in ST is to beat the s*** out of Rowand, just on general principals.

lmao..thats a funny post..and there is some truth to that too...i remeber what it was like to be 25 and feel indestructable myself but when your a major league ballplayer and you have been wanting to get a starting job in the big and its finally handed to you...the last thing you should do is anything to jeapordize it...the number of opportunities one gets is rare...if rowand cant answer the bell at the start of the season and harris or borchard step up and do the job rowand may never get another chance..

3 years ago jeff liefer beat out paul konerko for the 1st base job...the last week of spring training liefer got injured...look what happened to him...rowand might have really fricked himself up with this move...

someone should have told Rowand the story of Wally Pipp -

I had forgotten the Liefer-PK thing.

It is fun to feel indestructable at 25 but when your livelihood depends on the shape and condition of your body, a little intelligence should prevail.

someone should have told Rowand the story of Wally Pipp -

I had forgotten the Liefer-PK thing. 

It is fun to feel indestructable at 25 but when your livelihood depends on the shape and condition of your body, a little intelligence should prevail.

Well, if we get the same kind of luck with Rowands replacement as we did with Liefer's, I'll be happy.

Borchard steps in and wins rookie of the year, ya I'd take that :)

Of course I don't see it happening, but we know the potential is there.